First Attempt at IVF!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck hun, fingers and all crossed for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

good luck sweetie,

I have a friend she has three children (all ivf), and it can be done 1st time! she's proof, she's just given birth to two georgous boys! Try to relax, and don't threat too much. Good luck again, I'll be keeping every crossed for you.

:)

oey said:
Hi Guys

Have got to know quite a few of you over the last few months and I thought I would update you all with what is happening in my life at the moment!

Well - I have known for a while that I would not be able to have children naturally so we have finally decided to take the plunge and to try IVF and it all starts tomorrow!

I cant even try to explain how I feel at the moment - scared, exited, what am I doing!, emotional, tearfull - and these are just a few.

I know that the next few weeks are going to be increadibly tough and I am sure I am going to need the support of you guys to get through it all. What I do know is that my life is going to totally change after this - one way or the other. I feel at the minute that our life is on hold until we have been through this, but I know that we will regret not doing this other wise. The strange thing is that I have had to have a plan B if case this doesnt go to plan A - at this point in time I seem to be focusing more on plan B as this is something I can control!

Will keep you all posted on how things go - I am sure there will be many late sleepless nights spent geeking the hours away!

hey hun i wish you all the luck in the world, me and my partner have just found out we cant have any children at all togeather. i have a little girl to a previous boyfriend but i consider umerrah to be seans anyway as she was so young when we met. being told you cant have children is the most heartbreaking thing. we cant have ivf, or anything as he has no sperm at all due to the chemo. there was meant to be some saved but they have lost it and we are currently going through a legal battle but what ever the compensation is it wont let me have kids to the man i love. i have friends who are having babies, at first i used to cry everytime i saw them but im ok now. they just dont seem to understand what it feels like.

anyway i hope you everything goes ok, and i wish you all the luck in the world.

xxxx

oey said:
Hi Guys

Have got to know quite a few of you over the last few months and I thought I would update you all with what is happening in my life at the moment!

Well - I have known for a while that I would not be able to have children naturally so we have finally decided to take the plunge and to try IVF and it all starts tomorrow!

I cant even try to explain how I feel at the moment - scared, exited, what am I doing!, emotional, tearfull - and these are just a few.

I know that the next few weeks are going to be increadibly tough and I am sure I am going to need the support of you guys to get through it all. What I do know is that my life is going to totally change after this - one way or the other. I feel at the minute that our life is on hold until we have been through this, but I know that we will regret not doing this other wise. The strange thing is that I have had to have a plan B if case this doesnt go to plan A - at this point in time I seem to be focusing more on plan B as this is something I can control!

Will keep you all posted on how things go - I am sure there will be many late sleepless nights spent geeking the hours away!
Hi Theresa,
I wish you lots and lots of luck and a successful outcome. I like you had to do IVF as we were told it would be a miracle if we ever conceived naturally and we had to do the ICSI ( i think it was called) program. Its was very hard and an emotional rollercoaster but in the end it was worth it for us. I was lucky and our first try we conceived my beautiful daughter Tavia Mia-Ley who will be six this Friday. After that I conceived my two sons naturally (could have struck me down with a feather).
I can relate to the nervousness you must be feeling and dont be shy to PM me to ask questions or just to have a chat.
I wish you well
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Thanks al you guys for your good wishes.

It is nice to know that there are so many people in the same position - need to view this a s chance that god has given us - we will just have to wait and see if it was meant to be.

will keep you all posted.

x x x x x x x x x x

Hi,i hope all goes well for you as it did'nt for me.I had 4 attempts at iui and one of ivf it took 3yrs altogether .I found the treatment ok and did'nt mind the injections the worst thing is the waiting and getting a carparking space at the hospital.I like you called ivf plan A and i had a plan B to fall back on which was adoption,i need an end to this long journey and that is with children,so at the moment i'm still on that journey and have got two social worker visiting tomorrow about adopting two sisters(this is a long process 2yrs we've been waiting).
So good luck and keep a plan B to keep you positively focused because there is light at the end of the tunnel.
All the best
Rachel x

Feel free to pm if you have any questions.

Good Luck with your journey, keep positive, loads of hugs xx

Thanks for all you good wishes guys - well today I have done the first of my hormone injections so just waiting for the mood swing, headaches and hot sweats to kick in!

Will keep you all posted and its nice to know that all of your support is there!

:hug: :hug: xxx

Hiya teresa, i went to bourne hall in cambridge for my first ivf treatment unfortunatly it didnt work the first time i was gutted but then i had another go which we used my embroys that was frozen and now i have a son charlie who is 3. It was hard going through it also its hard for the partner and everyone else around you but you will be fine good luck and if you want a chat you can pm me take care xx

Well

So far so good.

Had 5 injections of hormones so far - just a few bruises in my thighs from the needles and an odd hot sweat, but nothing else apart from that. Dont think the mood swings have kicked in yet but Steve (my husband) may tell you different.

Will do another update soon.

x x x

:hug:

oey said:
Well

So far so good.

Had 5 injections of hormones so far - just a few bruises in my thighs from the needles and an odd hot sweat, but nothing else apart from that. Dont think the mood swings have kicked in yet but Steve (my husband) may tell you different.

Will do another update soon.

x x x

Glad you're not feeling too bad,take care and best of luck xxxxx

i'm keeping everything crossed for you x x :hug:

theresa hi glad your both doing well xxx

Good luck, hope all works out hun.
xx

Best of luck for you on this journey.

I too may have to follow you down this path one day, as I have PCOS.

Well wishes
xx

glad you are doing well keep us posted.
just recieved a letter this morning to pay for storage for my embryos it has gone up yet again now its £250.00 for the year every year it goes up, i gave them a call as they hadnt sent us a letter out informing us and they said they dont now :mad: . Also the transfere has gone up to and the drugs.sorry to moan on but i just think its a bloody money making scheme.
Good luck x

Nail creations said:
just recieved a letter this morning to pay for storage for my embryos it has gone up yet again now its £250.00 for the year every year it goes up, i gave them a call as they hadnt sent us a letter out informing us and they said they dont now :mad: . Also the transfere has gone up to and the drugs.sorry to moan on but i just think its a bloody money making scheme.
Good luck x

do they store them for you so u can have another baby when u feel ready?

Nail creations said:
Good luck x

What do they actually do for this £250?

Are youn thinking of having another go?

hi everyone.

theresa,

very best of luck with the IVF, i like many of the lovely ladies on here have been through it with 2 ICSI's and 3 DIUI's so know what you are going through, i cant reccomend the site fertilityfriends high enough, i dont know how i would have got through this last year without the help and support of everyone there.

do you know when the E/C and E/T will be yet?

are you planning to work through the 2ww or take it off?

do you know about the pineapple juice and brazil nuts?

we had our last DIUI in march/april and it was another BFN for us but after going through the 5 cycles we had a natural BFP 1 month afte our last BFN, it took us a while to beleive after going through everything we had.

what meds are you on?, ive only every had menogon

very best of luck

feel free to pm me anytime.

xdebsx

Hi
I know what its like to have the need for children and not naturally be able to concieve them.
When it seems everybody around you is as fertile as hell (Especially in my family)
I do hope with all my might IVF works for you.
Im thinking of doing it myself not just yet though.
Maybe you could keep me up to date with your progress & let me know the process.
Im behind you all the way.
Take Care
Anna aka Tiakayla:hug:

Latest posts

Back