First Brazilian since my hot wax training!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flutterby

Reaction score
And boy am I starting to panic!!

I want to persevere with the hot wax rather than revert to warm but my nerves are telling me to heat both pots just in case.

I did the basic training locally (I just couldn't get to Kim's training on the days she had available) and now I regret it as I get the impression that confidence is something you come away with.

Any advice at all? (other than a stiff drink before hand-lol).
X

I want to persevere with the hot wax rather than revert to warm but my nerves are telling me to heat both pots just in case.

I did the basic training locally (I just couldn't get to Kim's training on the days she had available) and now I regret it as I get the impression that confidence is something you come away with.

X

Aw hun you'll be fine! Just take your time and take small sections! Remember, the client cant see what your doing so dont panic! Good luck xxx :love:

I think its the same for us all when we do these treatments for the first few times..
Just relax and tell yourself you can do it...
Chat to your client and just do the waxing as you have been trained..
Its gets easier with time..
Try and stick with your hot wax as you need to at some point.. but as a fallback have the other one ready - maybe get a spatula and write a huge " NO " on there and set it across your wax pot as an prompt not to !!.. lol..

You will be fine...

Jack

Lay it on thick, stretch skin as you put it on, bring wax down past the hair onto clear skin so you have something to grip, stretch skin as you remove, little pull, move hand up to cover the fresh skin, pull, repeat. All done.
Wish I was close by, I'd be your Guinea pig and talk you through it, you'll be fine hun, it's a lot easier then strip wax.
Oh!! one last thing after you've laid the wax down take a good look to make sure you don't have the ends of hair caught at the edge of the wax, if you have take sharp scissors and cut that free, makes it a lot more comfortable for the client:hug:

take sharp scissors and cut that free, makes it a lot more comfortable for the client:hug:
I never taught you that Susie:( You should always lead the wax to where there is no hair so that it lifts easily. x

Last edited:

X
If you're unsure, stay with the technique that you were taught. Use hot wax every time and stretch the skin as tight as a drum. Be brave:) xx

I trained with Kimmi recently and her technique does give me confidence that I will be able to offer an above average intimate wax, although I am totally new to it. However, confidence comes with experience too and I have 3 guinea pigs lined up for next week to get me in the groove and give me honest feedback. I don't think anyone feels 100% to start with so keep going and chin up!

Perhaps get to one of Kim's future classes if you find you continue to struggle.

Good luck! xx

Wow, thanks everyone, you're so helpful and supportive.

I'll bear all this in mind (including the possible future training)-I'll keep you posted-eek!!

Thx again.
X

I never taught you that Susie:( You should always lead the wax to where there is no hair so that it lifts easily. x

That's what Susie H said 'bring wax down past the hair onto clear skin so you have something to grip', is that not the same?

That's what Susie H said 'bring wax down past the hair onto clear skin so you have something to grip', is that not the same?
I was referring to cutting the hair with scissors, not the other bit. Susie knows me well enough to know that I'm not having a dig.

I was referring to cutting the hair with scissors, not the other bit. Susie knows me well enough to know that I'm not having a dig.

To right Kim, don't worry, I know what you were saying:hug: No you didn't teach me to cut with scissors and where possible I don't but I recently had a lady who 'really' needed a trim, which I did, but once the wax was laid down I found that some of what was along side my wax was still caught up, a quick snip was the only way to make sure I didn't end up pealing this lady of the ceiling:lol: Fun for me, but somehow I don't think she would have come back:eek:

Didnt think you were having a dig, was just really confused :lol: So much easier seeing things than explaining! :hug:

Didnt think you were having a dig, was just really confused :lol: So much easier seeing things than explaining! :hug:
No worries Suzanne……..it's so easy to take each other the wrong way in writing. :hug:

To right Kim, don't worry, I know what you were saying:hug: No you didn't teach me to cut with scissors and where possible I don't but I recently had a lady who 'really' needed a trim, which I did, but once the wax was laid down I found that some of what was along side my wax was still caught up, a quick snip was the only way to make sure I didn't end up pealing this lady of the ceiling:lol: Fun for me, but somehow I don't think she would have come back:eek:
I can see your thinking Susie but next time, let the wax set and rip rip rip and she won't realise that it was attached. xox

Well I did it, and i think it went well. Glad I persevered with hot wax, need more practice to speed up, but she said it was virtually pain free so I'm a happy girly right now!!!

Thank you all for the support.
Xx

I think its the same for us all when we do these treatments for the first few times..
Just relax and tell yourself you can do it...
Chat to your client and just do the waxing as you have been trained..
Its gets easier with time..
Try and stick with your hot wax as you need to at some point.. but as a fallback have the other one ready - maybe get a spatula and write a huge " NO " on there and set it across your wax pot as an prompt not to !!.. lol..

You will be fine...

Jack
Nice reply do agree':)

Well I did it, and i think it went well. Glad I persevered with hot wax, need more practice to speed up, but she said it was virtually pain free so I'm a happy girly right now!!!

Thank you all for the support.
Xx
Yippee! Well done you. x

Latest posts

Back