first full set of stilloto's on client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthlm

Reaction score
Hi all, I did these a few weeks ago for a lady that was going away on a hen weekend. They are shorter as she hadn't has long stiletto's before and was wanting to be able to cope with them ok. I used gold and black glitter and acrylic paint for the art on top, I didnt have to use a coverage pink as her nail beds were naturaly super long and the length was not that long, many thanks in advance, x :D

They're lovely Ruth... too hard to critique because of the pic, but well done I really like them :D

Ok Im going to stick my neck out here and say yes they look lovely..but I think your middle finger on the hand inside is out of line with the finger....what I mean is I think you made the nail to follow the end of the finger which seem slightly bent, rather than follow the line of the finger as a whole..hopes this makes sense

But otherwise very nice :)

Thank goodness hands are always moving and mobile and a wonky fingernail wont really be noticed .. this is not a competition set after all, but a salon set.

I have all my own nails now and several of my nails are 'wonky' naturally --- from working with a brush for 30 year probably -- had you photographed the nails with the fingers in a nice gentle curve it probably would not even have been noticed.

Still salpep is right that to be perfect you need to follow the line of the finger as a whole rather than the finger end --- but I'm sure the client was very happy with the result ... they are pretty. Had the nails been mega long then it really would have shown up that the nail was a bit skiwiff!!

Ah I see what you mean, I remember adjusting some of the forms that just didnt seem to be sitting right/straight, this must have been the problem, so will remember for future to follow the line of the whole finger, also will try taking the photo with the hands in a more natural pose, thank you for advise xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back