First set of Popit Sculpts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magsham

Reaction score
I know it's a little late (just managed to get the pics off of the camera) but i thought i would show you that i had made an effort for christmas.

These are sculpts done with Popits using Ezflow Roll out the Red Carpet glitter, NSI Brilliant Pink speed powder and NSI nail stickers and is my first attemp at a full set.

As this is the first time i've posted my work, I'm bracing myself for your comments!!:o x:Scared:

love it .. cool! How did you do the red? Did you sculpt it inside the popit or dip?

love it .. cool! How did you do the red? Did you sculpt it inside the popit or dip?

Thanks for your comment. I sculpted the free edges in the popits.

They are lovely, well done, love the red glitter

Sue x

Your smile lines are amazing! :)

They look lovely and very festive :)

I think they look gorgeous!! well done to you xXx

So...are you saying 'sculpts' as you have put all the products into the popit, then applied the full popit to your prepped nail, which does not have a tip on to extend the nail bed?
I may be being a bit thick here, but I'm not sure about the 'sculpt with popits' thing.

I have as yet, only ever....
prepped, applied tip, blended and filled the popit and applied to the nail.
And, I did do a glitter tip and glitter nail bed design on my daughter, then used clear in the popit to cap the lot. It worked out Ok, but they were a bit thick on the central line for my liking.

Looking at your pic, my main critique would be too much free edge colour to the proportion of nail bed colour - as in they do not have a 2/3rds pink to 1/3rd white/glitter ratio, which looks best from an aesthetic point of view, but that said, the smiles are very good. And the finish with using popits is brill, fab line of light.

If you've done these without using a tip to extend, then I take my hat of to ya! I've not attempted that yet!

So...are you saying 'sculpts' as you have put all the products into the popit, then applied the full popit to your prepped nail, which does not have a tip on to extend the nail bed?
I may be being a bit thick here, but I'm not sure about the 'sculpt with popits' thing.

I have as yet, only ever....
prepped, applied tip, blended and filled the popit and applied to the nail.
And, I did do a glitter tip and glitter nail bed design on my daughter, then used clear in the popit to cap the lot. It worked out Ok, but they were a bit thick on the central line for my liking.

Looking at your pic, my main critique would be too much free edge colour to the proportion of nail bed colour - as in they do not have a 2/3rds pink to 1/3rd white/glitter ratio, which looks best from an aesthetic point of view, but that said, the smiles are very good. And the finish with using popits is brill, fab line of light.

If you've done these without using a tip to extend, then I take my hat of to ya! I've not attempted that yet!

Thanks everyone for your comments. much appreciated:hug:

It was an experiment on myself - i wouldn't do it on a client as there was too much faffing around!!

Yep, it's l&p for the red - i did that first and then when they had set put my pink acrylic in, brushed over lightly where the two met and stuck it on my nail. It was difficult to judge how long to make them to make them all look even - the red tips only came slightly above the tips of my fingers. Thinking about it now i should have extended the pink slightly as my free edge was really short. But that's something to think about next time i get a notion!!:lol:

Flipping Fantastic!!

Latest posts

Back