Flabuloss power plates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve@nouvatan

Reaction score
I have just had someone pop in on a cold call offering to rent us a flabuloss shockwave machine
its basically a vibrating plate excercise machine with straps ect it looked great quality but i know nothing about these vibro plates yet!!
it was small enough to pop in the corner and he suggested a ten minute session would cost the client 4 pound
The maths were good to 150 a month including vat per machine and a min contract of 3 months:lol: it sounds to good top be true any thoughts

i have 1 at home. its only a cheap 1 but works all the same.
there great for burning fat due to the vibrations help tone the body. its got loads of other good stuff like helps up metabolism and rid celulite, improve balance and circulation. they also make you feel like you had a work out
the 1 brought into your salon will be loads better then mine, but you could probably buy 1 for the salon instead of rent.
also no matter what that bloke told you they dont give you this perfect figure like they say. you still have to work out aswell. ive noticed a difference but im still no angelina jolie!!! :)

i bought mine off ebay for £200!! and it is the same as the one in my gym!! that seems alot a month when you can have your own for a one off payment!!
xx

I've been power plating at the gym for a few weeks now. I do a vigorous half hour session with a trainer and it is jolly hard work.

The end of the session involves a bum, or thigh massage. Don't like the 'bum' one. Vibrates in the wrong place :eek: and I complete the session all hot and flushed :lol:!

and I complete the session all hot and flushed :lol:!

mmmm are you sure its not the trainer that's bringing you out in a hot flush there :eek::lol::hug:

The tanning shop down the road has 1 and they always have people waiting to use it. It seems to be popular!

I've been power plating at the gym for a few weeks now. I do a vigorous half hour session with a trainer and it is jolly hard work.

The end of the session involves a bum, or thigh massage. Don't like the 'bum' one. Vibrates in the wrong place :eek: and I complete the session all hot and flushed :lol:!

now we know why they're so popular!:lol:

Just off to look on ebay now...:eek::lol:

mmmm are you sure its not the trainer that's bringing you out in a hot flush there :eek::lol::hug:
Defo NOT! Nice guy but seriously told me off when I was 2 minutes late for a session I pay for, because there was heaps of traffic and then zero parking which is shared with shopping parade! he has no kids.... I have rwo and have to get them to school.

now we know why they're so popular!:lol:

Just off to look on ebay now...:eek::lol:
Trust me.... not cool.... whole body shakes and they think it is because you are enjoying the relaxing effect of the buttock massage. If it was in my buttocks... I would not mind!

MY best friend uses a power plate regularly ( 3 times a week for 10 mins per session ) she pays £2 for each use and says that she feels great for it. Her muscle tone has definitely improved too.

Me - I am terrified of going into places and uses machines for some unknown reason so have put one on my birthday list off hubby haha

The gym I attend has just got one and it was free for a weeks trial period which got me hooked..however...now you have to pay for it ontop of your monthly membership and I just can't afford it.

Monthly membership at the gym is £25. Then the power plate is £2.50 for 10 mins or £5 for 20 mins. I would need 20 mins. So if I was to use it 3x a week to notice a difference thats £15 extra a week which means I would be paying £60 a month plus £25 for the gym membership. £85 a month is alot of money...considering some gyms costing say £40-£60 a month offer them for free!!!

I think there is a misconception with power plates also that you just stand there and they do all the work...believe me they don't!! Firstly you still need to warm up for at least 20-30 mins with some cardio work and then when you get on the power plate it is quite intense and makes me sweat more than a 20 min run!!!! Not something you can use in your dinner hour!!!

I think they are better in gyms and included within the membership price, otherwise people will use them a couple of times and feel it is just too expensive...after all one session a week just isn't going to show results.

Hi

The Flabelos plates are good. We rented for a while and the customer response was unbelievable!

In the end we bought an alternative though, as the Flabelos machines were coming in at £2500! We got the BH Fitness VIB machine. It was well under £1000 and is acutually better than the Flabelos. So a great result! Much more cost effective that renting and its paid for itself already.

Shaz

I have just had someone pop in on a cold call offering to rent us a flabuloss shockwave machine
its basically a vibrating plate excercise machine with straps ect it looked great quality but i know nothing about these vibro plates yet!!
it was small enough to pop in the corner and he suggested a ten minute session would cost the client 4 pound
The maths were good to 150 a month including vat per machine and a min contract of 3 months:lol: it sounds to good top be true any thoughts

They are brilliant and will be a great source of income but only if you get the right machine. Definitely test it out before use. I'm afraid you get what you pay for with all these things.

There would also be the question of insurance. I'm not sure what you would need to do to cover yourself because I can't believe it's as easy as sticking it in the corner and selling sessions for a few quid. What if someone injures themself on it?

i bought 1 from ebay for about 160 charge clients 30 quid for 10 sessions and have almost paid it of, the clients love it, they feel the benefits immediately and have clients who want to book in for another course.

Clients tend to like them in a room rather then in the reception area or somewhere open, as they dont like the vibrations, ( being on show) specially if there a bigger client.

I have seen the benefits from clients and myself and would recommend everyone get one
xx

i looked at the fabelos and power plate and the cheap home use models.
firstly the cheap home use plates no one will use in a commercial envoirament.powerplate machine is way too expencive.150 a month aint bad but i managed to get a similar machine that has been proven over the past few years and value for money is great.£100 a month with full back up.these guys extended the life of my old machines and did me a class tradein on the latest machines just to keep the salon up to date.they are hard to beat and keep thier promises.i got them on facebook - [email protected]

I love the power plate and have lost over a stone on it. I have seen them in other salons before but would agree with some of the other geeks that maybe it's best of you buy your own. At least do some research on them first to see if it will fit in your clientele. Did the guy offer to train you on it? even tho you think you can just stand on it or do a few exercises there our chances you can pick up injuries on them. x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Hi i have been doing some research on the flabelo's machine and the vib WBV vibration machine. The flabelo's has obviously been very popular over the last 18 months or so, therefore has alot of media coverage and is an established brand, however the vib WBV machine appears to be the same but a fraction of the cost, i'm seriously considering buying this one for the salon.
Can anyone give me feedback on using it in a salon enviroment? will the client need supervising or once they are shown what to do on the first session is it straight forward, we do not have the staff to supervise this kind of machine 24/7.

Hi i have been doing some research on the flabelo's machine and the vib WBV vibration machine. The flabelo's has obviously been very popular over the last 18 months or so, therefore has alot of media coverage and is an established brand, however the vib WBV machine appears to be the same but a fraction of the cost, i'm seriously considering buying this one for the salon.
Can anyone give me feedback on using it in a salon enviroment? will the client need supervising or once they are shown what to do on the first session is it straight forward, we do not have the staff to supervise this kind of machine 24/7.

Hi there, I run a tanning salon and the owner has now put plates in all 13 of the salons.
Some salons have 10 plates. These are hugely popular just now because you can see the results quickly and it’s so easy and fast. Great for lunch time clients all you need to do it take your shoes off so no special clothing needed. We also have clients who take it a little more serious and will work out using different programs.
The going rate seems to be £4 a 10 minute session we also offer a weekly course £10 for 4 10 minute sessions and a monthly course which runs for 28 days and offers 1 10 minute session a day.
Clients normally see a difference 4 weeks( body shape and inch loss more that in pounds on the scales)
This has made a huge difference to our business and doubles the foot fall throughout all salons and increased sales on products ect.
All our power plates are in little private rooms which is our main advantage over going to the gym if you have bits that wobble. Customers DO NOT want others to see all there flabby bits wobble about.
So if you could even curtain an area off or give them a little privacy your on to a winner.
Good Luck x

What is the vib wbv machine that you talk about, ive googled but havent come up with anything.

I recently was talked into a free 10 mins on a flabuloss powerplate, was given no instruction except to stand on the plate and let it do its work. The result was a month of back pain and a cost of £200 for physiotherapy and osteopath treatments.
So if you invest make sure you get proper training and information in the use of the powerplates to prevent anyone injuring themselves on these machines.

I have toning plates in my salon, in a separate room from the main salon. In that room I also have ijoy ride (horse for Toning) and sun bed. These are a big hit with clients and insurance was grand about it. My toning plates cost me £1000 about 3 years ago and I've never looked back. One thing I find is clients like to be in a separate room so no one is watching them wobble lol

Latest posts

Back