Food Processors

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfect10kb

Reaction score
Hi ,

Have decided to buy a food processor BUT having had a look at whats available cannot decide which way to go . There seems to be such a huge difference in prices ranging from £ 30 to over £300 !!!.

If you have a food processor please can you tell me about it . make ,model what you like about it and what you don't like etc .

I want one that will do EVERYTHING so that I only need that and not my mixer and blender as well .

Thanks in advanace :)

Karen

Ive got a Magimix, it does the lot, including making icecream! Its a fab machine, but at the top end of those prices! Ice had mine for 5 years now and its still going strong!

Ta ,

I don't mind paying the price but I want the right one . What model is your 's ?

xx

I have a kenwood chrome one, it has various tools for doing things like blendind, chopping, shredding, grating, pulsing and even dough mixing.

It was around £70 when i bought it well over 6 years ago and still going strong.:green:

Mines a something or other and i think it is still in the cupboard under the stairs i did have a look at it once after i bought it and i think i chopped an onion in it.Then i had to wash it up and didnt get it out again :)

I've got a Magimix, I've had it for 25 years:eek:

They are really great, very quiet and efficient and everything can go in the dishwasher:lol:

I have my Gran's old Magimix.....god knows how old it is! I don't use it that often to be honest, but when I do I'm always amazed by how fab and well built it feels compared to the flimsy plastic things today!

Mum has a KitchenAid....very similar in quality and design to Magimix. You definitely get what you pay for!

i have a magic bullet and they are fab

Ive no idea what model it is, I have no info on it anymore, I chucked it! All it says on it is Magimix!! lol!!

Looks to me like they are good though, Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsey use them!

Thank you all for your replies . Please keep them coming . Have had another look at Magimix and model 4200 looks quite good at £149 Does anyone have this one ?

Cook a lot of fresh ingredients and would like to make my own soups etc . Realisng ( quite late in life -lol) the advantage of fresh food and ironically staying away from too much processed food as there is SUCH a lot of rubbish in it

Ta again and please keep coming

xxx

I make loads of soups as well but use a hand blender which is easier to rinse clean under the tap.

You can also get ones that have a little chopping attachment which is what I am getting next.

I have a Magimix too which was a wedding present 16 years ago, its been used about 5 times since then.

I think if you do a lot of baking the Magimix is great but to be honest I would'nt bother otherwise.

Trish xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hug:

Mines a something or other and i think it is still in the cupboard under the stairs i did have a look at it once after i bought it and i think i chopped an onion in it.Then i had to wash it up and didnt get it out again :)

Funny you should say that :lol: lol x I did the same too,
I find it too big for my teensy kitchen,

but just today , someone got it out to bend a smoothie and said

"why don't you just get a hand blender :eek: ? its smaller and easier" lol x

They are fab if you cook a lot and use them though,

minky x

We have a very old blender (15 years or so), no idea what make it is, but we use it quite a lot.

OK, it doesn't have some of the fancy attachments or functions that the new mixers have, but it does the job for us.

I use it all the time for making smoothies or blending soups. I haven't used many of the other attachments like mixing / grating etc, as I normally use my hand blender when I bake as the mixer's bowl is quite small :eek:

If you do a lot of cooking / baking I would say a mixer is a good investment.

The ones that I've gotten quite keen on are the tiny blenders you get now with a clear bowl and blade. They are great for chopping onions / herbs / breadcrumbs, liquidising small amounts etc.

Marlise

Latest posts

Back