Free listing advertising sites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Following on from my thread about getting a call from Yell.com when I hadn't even advertised with them :irked:, I thought I'd share the other sites I have listed free with today.

I've been a busy girl this afternoon! I hope I'm allowed to do this?

Most you have to register with to advertise on but that's usual.

Here goes, I hope this helps some :) all have www. in front obviously

searchme4.co.uk
uksmallbusinessdirectory.co.uk
yell.com (yes I did succumb!)
scoot.co.uk
kyotee.co.uk
freeindex.co.uk
hotfrog.co.uk
infoserve.com (gives listings on Yahoo as well as a few others too)
zettai.net
brownbook.net
directoryof.co.uk

There are more but you have to either pay, be a ltd company, have a huge turnover or just related to different industries such as engineering.

Anyway. I hope this helps someone. Happy typing :green:

xx

Missed one :!:

qype.co.uk

:)

This is great, thanks for this thread Redsadie! x

No probs sweetie, I like to help! :green:

I do this this. Every now and again I will google for salons in my area. All the relevant search engines then pop up and I find the free ones that way. I have got some business by doing this.

There is Gumtree as well.

M.

Thanx for the list i will be a busy bee later:lol:

Thanks Redsadie for including our site (Brownbook.net, the open local business directory for small and large businesses. Find, review, add, update, and promote your business online.) in your list:)

You are all welcome to let me know how you get on, any feedback is very welcome, you can email me at marc[AT]brownbook[DOT]net.

The other neat thing on Brownbook that we added last week is that you can invite your customers to review you.

All the best. Marc.

No problems Marc, welcome to the site :)

I like your site inparticular actually as it's very personal, I like the way I saw my company details come up straight away on the 'newly listed' section :) I assume it's just you running it?

Sarah. x

Hi Sarah, there are a few of us now. Earlier this year when we put the site live, there was 3 of us, now we have been backed by a publishing company called Friday-Ad Holdings, there are 6 of us and various freelancers etc that help out:)

We put Brownbook.net Canada, Australia and USA live a few weeks ago so we have been finding people out there to help us get the word out...

Glad you liked the 'instant edits' bit. Its something that really frustrates me about the traditional directories; Yell, BT etc, waiting years to get a free listing, battling through a call handling system to get you details added or changed, then you get the book delivered x months later and its still wrong...:grr:

Hiya,

Just a bit new to all this and wanted to check that these sites are totally FREE.... I do worry about these things but it seems great!!! :rolleyes: xxx

Hi Lizzie, don't know about others, but if you can email me your details your listing is definately going to be free on Beauty Treatment Information, Product information, find a beauty salon with Allaboutbeauty.co.uk a site dedicated to the beauty industry.
look forward to hearing from you
Fiona

Hi Scoobydoo2

I'll pm you later, thanks for the link :)

LizzieCinnamon

I wouldn't have put them on here as free listings if you had to pay anything hun.

Marc, you have done a great job, your site is really easy to navigate and understand, and I'm glad for you that you have doubled in size AND taking over the world :!::green:

Yeah sorry about that - I am such a worrier.... this is brilliant.

Lizzie x x

beautylist.co.uk found them at excel their free too

Thats brill thanks very much, I did the same this week on Tuesday (quiet day), even if you just get a few calls its money !!! The only thing I found was some (usually the big companies eg. yell) reckon to check the details with you then try and talk you into spending more to get bigger adverts. Got round that one by saying can you ring back, have a client with me, most dont ring back ! Thanks for the info, will go through the ones I missed like brownbook cos that sounds a good one xxx

Done that !! Really helpful of you to offer. Thanks very much xxx

Latest posts

Back