Friend now wants to do nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarasparkles201

Reaction score
I know this has prob been seen before but i feel i have to be so careful what i put on my fb for my business, a friend whose wedding i was going to do who cancelled last min, now wants to do nails.

Yes she is a messer but wants to know about every course i do, etc, i feel like ican not put anything on my fb.

She has now bought some cheap gel on ebay and a lamp, followed by im not spending loads of money incase i dont like it?

Then the other day up pops a pic of nails that have a wrap on them, shes telling friends its Minx i know it's not as she can't buy it.

I am being questioned over everything to do with nails, ive told her to book herself a college course and learn, but i must say its driving me nuts...

Sorry for the rant peeps:|

Every time she asks a question just tell her "Oh I couldn't possibly tell you everything you need to know about nails, there's so much to learn here's the number of the training place I went with". Every single time, same response, she'll get the message.

If she says "Yes but just answer this question" you can reply with "It's not that simple, as there's so much foundation info you need to be able to understand it thoroughly..." Then repeat yourself as above.

Ignore it hon. If anything your skills have made it look easy :) Xx

Hi thanks for the reply, i told her go train, lol so she says i was going to sign up to essential nails, i said you need college i think its a phase and im hoping she will just forget about it lol .

But i am just going to give the answer you gave thank you x

You can't stop others from wanting to get into nails ... The business is not exclusive to any of us. The good ones stand out a mile and the ordinary just plod along. The Messers just go away eventually.

It's life I'm afraid .

I can go buy a loaf of bread from local bakers or I could go buy a bread maker and do it myself.

I can go to a hairdressers and get a colour done or I can go to shop and buy a dye and do it myself.

I can go get my nails painted or go buy a bottle and do myself.

List is endless..

You will always have the ppl the choose first options and ppl at choose second options.

Just because I own my own salon does not automatically mean all my friends and family come to me to have everything done.

It sounds like your friend likes the idea of becoming a Nail technician and its YOU who have made her think that way- you must be good at your job! There are so many Nail Techncians in the world but its the good ones who stand out and have a sucessful career not just a job! Your right to tell her to go train, as lets face it without the correct and proper training she will not be a qualified nail technician or a good one!

Maybe she admires you & looks up to you and your awesome skills :)

The thing to remember about nails, (and lashes, seeing that is actually my line of work) is that it isn't just something you picked up and decided to do. It is a craft. You worked for your skill. Nails is where I started, and after two years I wasn't getting any faster at it. Oh sure, I could do a fabulous set, but it took way too long, and the clients went to someone else because I was too slow. I ended up honing my skills at eyelashes, and people come long distances to see me because they like what I can give them. In the end, if you focus on YOUR abilities at nails, and ignore what the other shops around you are doing, or in this case your friend, your business will grow because of YOUR skills. I encourage you to post anything about your business on FB that you would if your friend wasn't making you feel this way. Social media is the best, cheapest form of advertising around these days. She will either do things the right way, or the clients will know and won't pay for what she offers. Clients like quality services, and can tell the difference. Don't let her stop you from going forward. Also remember that imitation is actually the highest form of compliment you could get.

Latest posts

Back