friends reunited

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxGemseyxx

Reaction score
just wondered have any of you been contacted by old school friends?
i have been contacted 3 times this week by 3 different people.
i think it bizarre after nearly 10 years of no contact 3 come along at the same time?

I had been contacted awhile ago by an old friend I had ....(actually we were best friends in 10th grade) I've been out of school for twenty years.....she just wanted to say 'hi' and that she has thought of me often.....we e-mail each other but she always talks about what we did back then......we have nothing in common now....and she lives in the US..... who knows....I'm happy with the limited contact....I did not like school and am glad I don't keep up with anyone on a regular basis.....

hi, i used it a few years ago and emailed my ex boyfriend from school after moving away for 8 years,
we get married in October!:green:

I have had contact from some really good old friends from the site as I had moved away....and we are great mates still...

Also, my sister married a guy she went out with when she was 13, 25 years later as a result of the site!

Wow, 3 times in one week is unbelievable after so much time!!! Have you only just registered or do the 3 people know each other??

Are you pleased or surprised - what's your feeling about this? Were you close to these people?

I got contacted a couple of weeks ago by a guy who I thought was IT when I was 13.

We exchanged photos and turns out he's changed a bit in 10 years....:eek:

He's a very nice chap though and we're staying friends. Definitely friends

AmydeMan said:
I got contacted a couple of weeks ago by a guy who I thought was IT when I was 13.

We exchanged photos and turns out he's changed a bit in 10 years....:eek:

He's a very nice chap though and we're staying friends. Definitely friends

Awwww Amy you don't think he's Mr Wonderful anymore??? :lol:

I saw a bloke in our local not so long ago and I used to think he was amazing and everything else when we were in Primary School... WELL, to see him now... the change was unbelievable!!! He was so flirtatious too (as in, banging his chest and wanting to throw me over his shoulder) but I couldn't wait to get to the other side of the bar to be honest... as his conversational skills hadn't advanced much from Primary level either!!

I took my name off the site having had an old boyfriend pestering me to ring him, email him, that we must meet up when I am up north, if not available on the number given leave a message and he will call me back immediately.

I was shocked that after all that time 10 years, he contacted me, not only more shocked as I know he is married as I am, I wouldn't dare or want to send a mail like that, but also his wife was pregnant at the time. I knew how I felt when I was pregnant and felt a bit for her if she were to find out.

I think Friends Reunited can be affairs waiting to happen if given the chance. Don't want that chance personally so took my name off that. The past is the past for a reason in my eyes (maybe it's ok for friends but not me and old boyfriends, yuk!!!):rolleyes:

heh heh CA!

He was one of those boys as well, that everyone thought was going to be gorgeous when he got older. When he said he'd sent some pics to my inbox, I was so excited I mis-spelt my password three times on hotmail, then BAM! It was like waking up with a hangover on the 2nd January. What a let down:rolleyes: .

To cap it off, he rather likes me and I had to tell him I'd just got back with my ex (that guy gets re-employed all the time when I'm in sticky situations!) to let him down gently!

my cousin contacted me through friends reunited (my nan had just passed way)
also an old school friend i hadnt spoke to for nearly 10 years,
i think its a great website,nice to see what eveyones getting up to! (from a distance lol!)

AmydeMan said:
heh heh CA!

He was one of those boys as well, that everyone thought was going to be gorgeous when he got older. When he said he'd sent some pics to my inbox, I was so excited I mis-spelt my password three times on hotmail, then BAM! It was like waking up with a hangover on the 2nd January. What a let down:rolleyes: .

To cap it off, he rather likes me and I had to tell him I'd just got back with my ex (that guy gets re-employed all the time when I'm in sticky situations!) to let him down gently!

:lol: @ re-employing the 'ex'

Having a husband is handy too - the bugger comes in useful for SOME things at least!

It is funny though, a few of the boys in primary school who just weren't 'cool' or anything else have turned out to be much better looking and much nicer people now we're all in our twenties!

It's fun looking through the old pics though and some who have listed on friends reunited... I went to school in Hoylake with all of the boys from The Coral and they were all moody and very interested in music (on of the boys mum was the music teacher) and look how well they have done?!! I also fancied one of them but they were all good looking lads THEN... now they're not so nice but they're LOADED now so don't have to be!!! None of them are on there though! Sony probably wouldn't let them be on there...

And my husband... EWWWWWWWWWWW.... there is no WAY on this earth I would have fancied him 10 years ago!!!

CadenceAlex said:
And my husband... EWWWWWWWWWWW.... there is no WAY on this earth I would have fancied him 10 years ago!!!

Ah true love hey?:lol:

My ex, who is a rather sexy beast now, had wonky teeth and a bowl-head when he was 11:eek:

AmydeMan said:
Ah true love hey?:lol:

My ex, who is a rather sexy beast now, had wonky teeth and a bowl-head when he was 11:eek:

My husband had a wedge haircut and a moustache and looked like he had really bucked teeth and he was soooo skinny.... I'd have shuddered if he had patted me on the bum then.... but now is a different matter! He's a sexy beast now!

HA! So did mine, buck teeth and all apparently and a big 70's hairdo. He's sexy now though, thank god!

Yet when you tell that to your nieces (etc, I ain't got any daughters yet!) they just can't seem to understand that Snotty Simon with the big ears is odds on to be a stunner when he's older!

CadenceAlex said:
Wow, 3 times in one week is unbelievable after so much time!!! Have you only just registered or do the 3 people know each other??

Are you pleased or surprised - what's your feeling about this? Were you close to these people?

we weren't particularly close at school. but are still in contact now.

i am meeting another couple of old mates later. i love meeting up with old mates and making new ones. i suppose after 10 years of not knowing them they are actually new friends.
i'll let u know how it goes

It can be good but can also be a BAD thing. My husbands EX Wife used it to make contact with us & she is a right old B----. She's tried everything to cause trouble between us but nothing has worked & we are still together after 10 years of her trying.:)

gemmac said:
just wondered have any of you been contacted by old school friends?
i have been contacted 3 times this week by 3 different people.
i think it bizarre after nearly 10 years of no contact 3 come along at the same time?

That's a coincidenec,but nice !

I have tried to contact one of my old teachers as he lives near me but his number is exdirectory,i suppose its only good if the person you want to contact is registered,but good for you anyway x

i recently met my brother through friends reunited, my mum had to have him adopted when she was 18 hes now 34 and has met all the family .... its so strange but were getting there

tammyleicester said:
hi, i used it a few years ago and emailed my ex boyfriend from school after moving away for 8 years,
we get married in October!:green:

Thats so romantic!!

Kimi

Latest posts

Back