Fruit canes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shell28

Reaction score
Hi been searching the forums with no luck could some one tell me how you apply these using gel??

Do you apply them just before you do you final layer of gel??

Hi shell i cant answer you qeustion for sure coz i dont use gels or havent tried these canes yet but i did read somewhere the other day that a lady appiles hers over a thin layer of acrylic then seals another acrylic layer over the top, which means when it comes to removing it you only have to file the top layer off. hth some
Have you bought some of these already? I have been nosing at them this week with their being so much discussion on them....im dying to give them a go and just gotta order some! :green:

Yer ive just ordered the flower ones they look so nice so thought i would give it a try :green:

hi can you tell me where to order them please? I never used them befor but as far as i know you have to do them on bonding gel and then appy the builder gel on top.:lol:

hi can you tell me where to order them please? I never used them befor but as far as i know you have to do them on bonding gel and then appy the builder gel on top.:lol:

From reading other messages you can get them from DIY

They are in the UK and i see you in Europe so i don't know if they post but check it out.
Hope this helps. Once i get better i would love to have a go.

yes, i would like to try them as well, i saw the site but i prefer them slices as its difficult to slice them perfectly i guess so in the meantime i found this site C.A.Therien Polymer Clay Arts its in u.s but they i read they post international orders, so i think i ll give a try. by the way i think that when you apply it on nail you have to seal with bonding gel again before curing. If i m mistaken please someone correct me. however i will try them on me first and we ll see.

zringa:)

Hi been searching the forums with no luck could some one tell me how you apply these using gel??

Do you apply them just before you do you final layer of gel??

I've tried them two ways.
I'm happier with the look of them when applied inside the building layer; the problem is that getting rid of them means a lot of filing.
The other way is to apply them just before the final layer. My problem with this method is that I never get the slices thin enough to get them hided inside the top gloss gel and get the nail surface smooth and even.
Have a good old play with your canes and find out which way works best for you!:)

Hi yes that s why i don t like to put them on top cause its then difficult to make them even and they get stuck with hair etc. i tried it with shells and dried flowers and they came much better under! By the way i just ordered some canes, flowers and butterflies, i also ordered snowmen and snow flakes!! can't wait to try them out.

thanks
zringa

Hiya,

Cut them as slim as you can like paper, glue them with a very small amount to the prepped tip and leave to dry..then apply your gel/acrylic over the top as you would a normal set of nails. file and buff or top coat.

jenx

Hi yes that s why i don t like to put them on top cause its then difficult to make them even and they get stuck with hair etc. i tried it with shells and dried flowers and they came much better under! By the way i just ordered some canes, flowers and butterflies, i also ordered snowmen and snow flakes!! can't wait to try them out.

thanks
zringa

ooooooh..... where did you order the snowmen and snow flakes from?? got my flowers, butterflies, fruits and halloween canes but would like to get some ready for christmas :)

yes I also ordered some bees, hope they don't take long to arrive, did you receive a notification of shipping or a confirmation from the site? cause i only received pay pal confirmation.

thanks
zringa

so far only paypal

ok i sent her an e mail and she sent me back to tell she s sending them today!!

zringa

I only ordered this morning so wasnt to worried cant wait to get them thou:green:

Latest posts

Back