full leg wax on heavily pregnant client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janeawallace

Reaction score
I have got a client tommorow who is due to give birth pretty soon, she would like a full leg wax

Has any one got any tips for how i do the backs of her legs and anything else i should know or be aware of.

I know they shouldnt be on their back for too long

thanks guys

What about standing up?

I did this on my friend who had not long had surgery and couldn't lay on the couch, to get a stretch on the back of the legs she stood facing the wall, both feet flat, both hands on the wall and leant forward, not the 'normal' way but it worked really well. A little more bending down for the therapist that normal though.

The fronts can cause a problem too as the client can't lay flat on their back for long as I can't quite remember how or why but it cuts off the oxygen supply to the baby.

If you act like its been done this way a million times before and come accross confident you can still give a professional image. xxx

lol problem is its my boss's sister

I did wonder about standing up, i already decided not to use the couch as thought she may roll off so i thought the bed maybe better in this situation

You can do it with her standing up, or she can lie on her side propped up on pillows. Either way works ok, it just depends what she's more comfortable with.

Be carefull she has no varacose viens/think thats how it spelt/?

hi
i would always have the client sitting up on the couch while doing the front of the legs and for the back lie her down and turn her on her side and support with pillows. just keep checking if shes comfortable and im sure it will be fine.
ciara

i would do as much from a sittin up position, just leave a little strip at th back. get as far round the thighs as you can by askin her to twist a little bit. to do the backs of the thighs i would get her to lie down raise her knee to her bump, with her foot in the air. you can reach the back of the thigh from there quite easily and quickly. thn the back of the calves i would get her o kneel on the couch, with the back up to support her front.

i hope that makes sense.

mainly, just ask her how SHE is comfortable.

I would have have done a few very heavily pregnant ladies and have done as much as possible on the front/sides with them stitting up. I have then had the ladies stand up whilst I do the remaining small bits left on the posterior leg. It has always worked fine for me this way.

In addition to the fab advice above, you'll probably find that she'll tell you what position to put her in. They generally do and she'll more than likely turn her legs around to the side etc instictively. xxx

Speaking as a midwife, your client will tell you what's comfortable. The only thing to remember is that lying on her back SHE may be comfortable but the baby may not be! That is, lying in the supine position the heavy weight of the baby reduces blood flow to the baby, as it presses on the vital blood vessels of the mother.

If she wants to lie on her back ensure she has a pillow eased in underneath her back and to one side to ensure she is slightly tilted off her back. This way both mother and baby will be fine.

I think the standing position is a great idea by the way.

June

Speaking as a midwife, your client will tell you what's comfortable. The only thing to remember is that lying on her back SHE may be comfortable but the baby may not be! That is, lying in the supine position the heavy weight of the baby reduces blood flow to the baby, as it presses on the vital blood vessels of the mother.

If she wants to lie on her back ensure she has a pillow eased in underneath her back and to one side to ensure she is slightly tilted off her back. This way both mother and baby will be fine.

I think the standing position is a great idea by the way.

June

Thanks for claifying that for us. I was told many years ago that the max time for a pregnant woman to lay on her back is 20mins. Would you agree?

Good advise given so far, as for length of time lieing on back it varies from woman to woman.
I'm currently 28 weeks pregnant and cannot lie on my back at all, I was like this with all of my other 3 pregnancies. I suffer from low blood pressure and anaemia, all of which can make me dizzy and sickly and pass out from time to time.
I had a facial last week and had to stay pretty much sitting up throughout, if I lie on my back I'll be out cold within about 5 mins.
Obviously not every pregnant woman is the same, but I would lie on my side with a pillow supporting my bump, I can lie on either side happily, but try to as much as possible with her lieing on her left side. I believe it promotes better blood flow to the baby.
Hope my perspective and previous experiences help.:)

I wouldn't advise you allow any heavily pregnant lady to lie flat on her back at all. If your client needs to be supine then always tilt her slightly off her back and thereby always allowing free blood flow. This way you won't get dizzy mums or distressed babies.

I hope that helps

Thanks for all the advise guys

I am off to wax her at 10am so i will let you know if all your good advice worked

x

All done and it went fine. I used all the advice given, after doing the fronts and sides as best i could she stood up so i could finish the backs.

The only part i decided not to do was right at the top of her inside legs as she was quite veiny and being 38 weeks pregnant thought not to be a good idea to wax there, i explained this to her and she was fine, just happy to have nice smooth legs again.

Thanks for all your help

xx

Latest posts

Back