Garra Rufa Fish Spa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya
I need your help! i hope you don't mind me asking, but who have you got insurance with for the garra rufa pedicures? as i have been trying to get treatment cover etc for them as i have them coming soon but having trouble finding someone to insure me!
Arghhhhhhhh! Helpxx

The standard that the fish are keep in over here are of much higher standard than the USA (I'm no saying everywhere in the USA) but the pods I've seen so far an the ones my friends have are fantastic, so so so clean but overall it is true the benefits out weight everything, the difference they make for people with eczema and psorisis or other skin conditions are just amazing, and for people with diabetes who need to be really careful what they use to remove hard skin, the fish are just fantastic. As long as people keep standards up and the fish are well kept there would be no reason to have it banned.

The reason for the ban in several states in the U.S.:
"Cosmetology regulations generally mandate that tools need to be discarded or sanitized after each use." You can't sanitize a fish. :biggrin:
I know I swim in the ocean, but there's something about putting my feet in a bath full of fish feces that I find a bit revolting. Also is there any research that supports that this type of pedicure is any better than a traditional pedi? The before and after pictures I've seen seem to show that a proper pedicure would have served the client better. I would hate to think that so much of your hard earned money were invested for what may turn out to be a flash-in-the-pan type of thing. With all due respect.

I'm having my spa delivered on Monday I can't wait!! Yippee

I've had a fish pedicure and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
However I felt that if I had exfoliated them or 'scraped off' the hard skin myself for 15 mins, they would have been smoother and in better condition than with the fish treatment.
The feet are naturally going to be softer after being in warm water for 15 mins or so, and the fish can't possibly eat ALL the hard skin in that time - so a 'human' pedicure gets my vote. Sorry.

The reason for the ban in several states in the U.S.:
"Cosmetology regulations generally mandate that tools need to be discarded or sanitized after each use." You can't sanitize a fish. :biggrin:
I know I swim in the ocean, but there's something about putting my feet in a bath full of fish feces that I find a bit revolting. Also is there any research that supports that this .

I won't go in the sea because I know there are dead fish and seagulls and worse in there. I don't go in jacuzzis and hot tubs. Who wants to sit in water that mucky people have been in. Swimming pools ditto. I'm not frightened of water. I can swim. I don't like the feeling on my body really. I shower not bath!

Wow i hadnt heard of this treatment before. Hmm... off to research it some more :p

OMG this is so funny as me and my friend so nearly had this treatment today but then chickened out! And only one tank was working so we couldn't get done at same time and that put us off! 

Do Clients stay in your salon for the 60 - 90 minutes it takes to do or do you just sell them to them? If they stay, do you do other treatments while they are waiting? Also, have you had an instance where the skin hasnt come off after a week etc? :)

Hi Everyone!

Hopefully I can offer a service here that is of use to people who are interested in getting involved with the fish pedicures, but don't have the experience in this field. That is where Body & Shoal comes in!

We offer a unique service of hiring the tanks, for 3, 6 or 12 months, letting you take the commercial advantage without the long term commitment!

We are able to help salons nationwide, and offer a personal bespoke service. We also offer a Marketing Guide with the service which will show you how to promote your business!

Please have a look at the website www.bodyandshoal.co.uk

Body & Shoal

I know the water is clean and filtered and all that but unless someone's going to invent a little fishy toothbrush and get in there to disinfect their little fishy teeth I'm not putting my feet in! Lol

Hiya hun,

I have just seen your post and I am getting a twin tank delivered tomoro.:)

I was just wondering if you ask every cust to fill out a record card and if so did u make these yourself?

Also I know I will be trained tomoro but do you find you lose alot of fish?

I cant wait and ready to put in the hard work!!!

Thanks

Nicky

xxxx

I know the water is clean and filtered and all that but unless someone's going to invent a little fishy toothbrush and get in there to disinfect their little fishy teeth I'm not putting my feet in! Lol
I love this:lol:
I feel the same..sort of want to try it but dont!

I have been doing this treatment for a few months now and it is honestly the best thing i have ever introduced to my salon i made money back in 1 week!
me and my husband have become such little experts on them we now make and sell the units aswell. so just thought i would answer a few questions that had been posted. I transport my fish for wedding fares and fetes and have no problems, the water doesn't need to be changed between clients, because of the filteration system being used filtering the whole tank several times an hour.
someone mentioned would the uv be strong enough if somebody accidently went in with fungal infection? this would not be an acceptable mistake to make as everyones feet should be throughly checked, the uv kills 99.9% of bacteria but i wouldnt want to put my little fishes at risk either so no open wounds, fungal infections, warts, veruccas etc.
anyone considering offering this should you wont regret it.
wherever you purchase your spas from should be able to provide information on how to cycle the tanks, care for the fish, how to maintain the filters, where to purchase the fish, and a troubleshooting guide also how to carry out the treatment and client consultation. so you would have no problems.

I do The Callus Peel (Beauty Partnership).

It is incredible and my clients LOVE it! Very very easy to use. 15 mins and you scrape it away. I tell clients not to look unless they are compelled to see what comes offf:!::!:

Great profit margin and as you can leave for 15 mins and start prepping for a pedi - no extra time really. So may well be better than magic feet!

So ladies,how is your business going on with the fishes?

Latest posts

Back