Gay marriage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stewie16

Reaction score
What's your thoughts about it? Do you think it's good or bad? It's good to me as it shows society isn't in the dark ages no more and it's more open than it were before.

I'm so pleased... about bloomin time too! Two people who love, care and want to commit to one another... why shouldn't they be allowed to get married. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm so pleased... about bloomin time too! Two people who love, care and want to commit to one another... why shouldn't they be allowed to get married. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Insomnia happy feet? Me too 😞🔫
I think it's fab! We are in the 21st century it's about bloody time! X

HairBy Amanda

Also wanted to put I know a gay couple who have been together for 26years and now have the chance to get wed. I'm really happy for them but I also know other couples who don't want to get married so marriage isn't for every1 just because it's legal doesn't mean every single gay person is going to get married. Britain for equality that's what Cameron said anyway.

Absolutely. We have evolved quite a lot, socially, over the last 50 years. To think that women were once put in mental institutions if they had an illegitimate baby!

I think the sad thing is if they want a church wedding most priests or vicars wont do it as it goes against relgion if theres two people who want to get married good luck to them i dont see this day and age there should be a problem

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it's a very good thing if only it was a few years earlier though. My neighbours have 2 kids and can now get married, so that's good for them and the kids.

Absolutely. We have evolved quite a lot, socially, over the last 50 years. To think that women were once put in mental institutions if they had an illegitimate baby!

Omg I know! I can remember a hospital in sheffield called middle wood and basically my grandmas friends daughter got pregnant at 16 and she had her child took off her and put her straight into middle wood. Basically they would put anybody in that hospital for no reason as apparently everybody was insane lol

It's about time. What I think is silly though is that they have to dissolve their civil partnership to then get married. My best friend has asked me to be his best woman when they dissolve theirs to marry :)
I was quite shocked to hear my mum doesn't agree with gay marriage though. She doesn't have a problem with civil partnerships but doesn't think marriage is right!! She is very close to my gay friends so it doesn't make sense to me x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it's lovely and I was very moved watching the weddings on the news. We all just want to love and be loved.

I listened to a religious person on the radio saying that gays chose their lifestyle and are sinners. I was so angry I actually wanted to cry. Bigots under the guise of Christians. So so sad.
Gays don't think one day 'oh I think I'll be gay now', it's just what they are, like I'm female, no choice in the matter. How can anyone victimise them for it?

I think it is disgusting that it's taken this long for gay couples to have right to marry , alot about this country disgusts me though at the moment :evil: im having an angry Monday :lol:

I think the sad thing is if they want a church wedding most priests or vicars wont do it as it goes against relgion if theres two people who want to get married good luck to them i dont see this day and age there should be a problem

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't see why a gay couple would want to marry in a place of a religion that doesn't accept them or agree with their relationship, that would baffle me. I don't feel a religion should be forced to change either.

It's fantastic that gay people can now get married & legally it's the same as a straight couple & can just be called a marriage no need to use the words gay or straight :)

This may offend a few people but the world is moving on in times example gay marriage which is brilliant! Religion isn't and I'm afraid to say it will be a thing that will get fewer believers in our country for this reason I for one don't believe in it but I won't go into why haha! We all have to move ahead everything is always changing and this is defiantly one of the good ones!

I listened to a religious person on the radio saying that gays chose their lifestyle and are sinners. I was so angry I actually wanted to cry. Bigots under the guise of Christians. So so sad.
Gays don't think one day 'oh I think I'll be gay now', it's just what they are, like I'm female, no choice in the matter. How can anyone victimise them for it?

Maybe this is one of the reasons why I don't believe lol!

It is a great move forward for our society, I've never understood why devoted couples in long term same sex relationships couldn't have the rights regarding inheritance, pensions etc that marriage can give them that heterosexual couples have as a matter of course.

Then again I don't understand why so many heterosexual couples dont seem to want to get married anymore. ;)

It's great news, Gay people deserve to be as miserable as the rest of us,lol

Who am I to judge who can or can't get married?

Consenting adults ? Go for it.

One of my brothers is gay...so what? If he wanted to get married to someone he loved and who loved him......I would be there fighting with him over the colour of the bridesmaids dresses.....I would not wear pink though....that'd be the deal breaker......

I think it's great I'm all for equal rights but I can also see why the church don't want gay people to get married in a church, and why would you want too if religion doesn't agree with it. I'm not religious so would feel hypocritical getting married in a church.

I don't want to get married anyway, couldn't think of anything worse lol :lol:

I too am glad that society has moved on. Gay people have the same feelings as the rest of us and they deserve the same happiness too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back