Geeks,can you help me with my shoppin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nailsbydesign said:
When you get your letter confirming your foundation course date they usually list any extra things that you will need to buy to take with you, see what they say in that. It is very easy to overspend when you first start....I know that only too well....been there, done that!!!! Then you end up not needing half of what you initially thought that you would need. I have spent £££££+ on items that I no longer use and some I have never used, just because I wanted it all.:eek: Maybe your course academy will have OSNS there, so you can buy things if and when you need them. Best of luck and enjoy the course and just remember everyone else on the course will be just as nervous and excited as you are, so you will not be alone in that feeling.:)

It's an induction i am doing hun x

I got a chisel for my induction (Fabulous Fabric!) yesterday.
I had'nt thought about getting one until Diane (Fabulous Ambassador!) used one and recommended it. It is really good at getting in the lateral folds etc.

Apex73 said:
I got a chisel for my induction (Fabulous Fabric!) yesterday.
I had'nt thought about getting one until Diane (Fabulous Ambassador!) used one and recommended it. It is really good at getting in the lateral folds etc.

Is that a prep tool hun ?

becki x said:
It's an induction i am doing hun x

In that case you will again have the extra things you will need listed on your letter and also take couch roll and if you use them terry towels. If you already have a brush you like using I would take that too. Enjoy
Got a bit confused there:confused: :o

It is, its a stainless steel tool, about the same size as the curette & pushie, and had a chisel 'blade(?)' on each end. Very effective used with the cuticle remover....definately get the cuticle remover too, its fab! x

nailsbydesign said:
In that case you will again have the extra things you will need listed on your letter and also take couch roll and if you use them terry towels. If you already have a brush you like using I would take that too. Enjoy
Got a bit confused there:confused: :o

No worries hun,i am after a new brush though,will i get one in the kit ?:hug:

Yup you will get a Pro Styler in your kit.

Fabulous,thanks for all your help,i knew i could rely on the geeks to point me in the right direction,what would i do without you all ??

hi ya becki,i will hope3fully be doing the creative induction soon,what is a secondary account that you said about and how do you get one as i would love to try some of creatives products to try before the course.xxxx:)

carriechatwin said:
hi ya becki,i will hope3fully be doing the creative induction soon,what is a secondary account that you said about and how do you get one as i would love to try some of creatives products to try before the course.xxxx:)

Hi hun,give creative a ring they are very helpfull.I opened mine by emailing a copy of my price list and certificate hth hun x:hug:

Yesterday i recevied the Hyperion group product catalouge:) ,i have been going through it in depth lol and writing out my order.I was just wondering if the prep tools ie presion pushie and probe will be included in my induction kit,or should i order them tommorrow?
The other question i have is about solar oil,there are no mini/testers available to order in the catalouge,are these no longer available?
Thankyou for your time :hug:

hi Becki,
in my foundation kit we got the precision pushie and the precision curette and I believe the induction kit is the same (I'm sure some one will correct me if I'm wrong).
I had a look for the pinkie bottles of solar oil as well and couldn't find them, but on pg 39 it shows you the profit you can make from selling them so maybe just ask when you ring your order through :) , I believe these are still available as I saw them in Ellisons last week.

becki x said:
Yesterday i recevied the Hyperion group product catalouge:) ,i have been going through it in depth lol and writing out my order.I was just wondering if the prep tools ie presion pushie and probe will be included in my induction kit,or should i order them tommorrow?
The other question i have is about solar oil,there are no mini/testers available to order in the catalouge,are these no longer available?
Thankyou for your time :hug:
i'm not sure if the precision probe and pushie are included in the kit, might be better to ring and find out for sure, what i do know is that there is no way once you've used the probe that you'll be able to live without it, it's a fab tool.
the SolarOil pinkies are available in the catalogue, they come in packs of 20 or 40, 0.1 oz, 3.7ml.
hth's

ValencianNails said:
i'm not sure if the precision probe and pushie are included in the kit, might be better to ring and find out for sure, what i do know is that there is no way once you've used the probe that you'll be able to live without it, it's a fab tool.
the SolarOil pinkies are available in the catalogue, they come in packs of 20 or 40, 0.1 oz, 3.7ml.
hth's

Omg should have looked more closely lol,found them noe thanks !
How much do they retail at,i can't see that either,or am i looking with my eyes closed again lmao x

Thanks Sandi x

:o I feel a right numpty now !!!
I must have looked at the Solar System page about 5 times and didn't see the pinkie bottles...der !! mind you it is Sunday morning :lol:

There was no pushie or probe in my induction kit. As I said its a product kit only really and the only 'tool' was a brush.

Zingara said:
There was no pushie or probe in my induction kit. As I said its a product kit only really and the only 'tool' was a brush.

Thanks hun,just wanted to double check before i place my order :hug:

Do you know how much the mini solar oil retail at please ? x

I retail at £3 for mini solar oil, which I'm sure the actual RRP is that or £2.99. I also put littel home care kits together including things like a mini solar oil, file, mini top coat, non-Acetone poilish remover etc, and retail these and they fly off the shelf!

Zingara said:
I retail at £3 for mini solar oil, which I'm sure the actual RRP is that or £2.99. I also put littel home care kits together including things like a mini solar oil, file, mini top coat, non-Acetone poilish remover etc, and retail these and they fly off the shelf!

Thanks hun,as usual you are always helpfull ! x
Hey i might pich your idea of the home care kit ,if you don't mind lol !
How much do you work out the costing and retail price of them ?

x x x

I generally take cost (all of them, inc the bag), double it and round up to the nearest pound! Not very technical but it works for me and ensures I make a good profit taking into account delivery costs etc. I tend to order in bulk, in advance, or buy at shows etc to keep my costs down, so I get max profit

I don't put a top quality file in, generally I find that they are languishing at the bottom of my clients handbag, unprotected, by the time they come back for their next fill, so the files tend to be fairly cheap ones from the wholesaler! For some reason the patterned and coloured ones always sell better!

I'm currently including mini Seche Vite, which I bought a large jar, at a £1 each at a show, but keep meaning to check if Creative do mini Super Shiney's (Anyone??) for when I run out, as I could order them whenever I want them then.

I often 'prescribe' the homecare bag, in my consultation, before I start the service, if its obvious my client hasn't been taking care of her nails. That way you address the issue up front and tell her you can only do so much, how well they are looked after is up to her!

Don't forget to put a business card in too!

Latest posts

Back