Geeks Links just got a load of virues from one

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
Hi,

Just a word of warning i was going to try and do this privatley but would involve far to many pm's.

Guys avoid clicking on anyones links to their webpages as i have just clicked on and had 5 virues show up on my pc (thank god for norton)

I'm going to pm the geek who's link it was but i just wanted to warn you all hopefully she can get it sorted.

So be careful guys!

EEK!!
Thanks for the warning...............I have Norton too, but I have had a virus before which wreaked havoc!!

Can you pm me with the link Jodie.. as I often click on peoples web links.. would appreciate knowing which one not to go onto until its sorted.

ooh..... hope its not me? lol

We're all paranoid now - it's a bit like an outbreak of nits......who started it :lol:

Trinity Nails said:
We're all paranoid now - it's a bit like an outbreak of nits......who started it :lol:

hahahhahaha im falling about at this - you nutter :)

Just a thought most viruses use an alias address... they hide their true address.......So it is very hard to back track them correctly.....
So just when you think you know where it is coming from, this poor person who you think is the source, can have a virus free PC........ they have just high jacked their addy for secrecy......A lot of viruses enter the PC system as a trojan, they piggy back or hitch a ride when you click on a link, this gives them entry to a port and then plant themselfs firmly into your registry...or attempt to.......
Norton is usualy pretty good and lets you know that you have had a trojan attempt and closes that port down .......So you get the alert but your PC is safe......
Make sure you update your virus definition or even better let your PC do it automaticly....
Just a thought

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Just a thought most viruses use an alias address... they hide their true address.......So it is very hard to back track them correctly.....
So just when you think you know where it is coming from, this poor person who you think is the source, can have a virus free PC........ they have just high jacked their addy for secrecy......A lot of viruses enter the PC system as a trojan, they piggy back or hitch a ride when you click on a link, this gives them entry to a port and then plant themselfs firmly into your registry...or attempt to.......
Norton is usualy pretty good and lets you know that you have had a trojan attempt and closes that port down .......So you get the alert but your PC is safe......
Make sure you update your virus definition or even better let your PC do it automaticly....
Just a thought

Hi Ruth, thanks for the information. You sound like a true techy here! Are you a partime Computer tech? Lol! Yep you are right about the trojans etc!

Latest posts

Back