Geeky New Year

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
5 Years ago today, Salon Geek opened its doors to the world and had no freaking clue who was coming to dinner!

Over the past several years, this site has evolved left right and centre from a personal home page to now become the worlds largest community of salon professionals.

Happy Birthday salongeek.com :D

The past year saw everything from another server move to a radical shift in direction - changing the focus from nails to full salon services.

Here were the stats this day last year:

• We are hitting over 350 public posts a day on average!
  • There are well over 200,000 public posts (and almost as many Private messages!)
  • There are an average of 50-70 people on line at any given time!
  • There are over 3,000 unique visits to the site per day! (This up from 1,000 just a little over a year ago)

Here they are now:

• We are hitting over 500 public posts a day on average!
  • There are well over 484,343 public posts (and almost as many Private messages!)
  • There are an average of 70-100 people on line at any given time!
  • There are over 5,000 unique visits to the site per day! (This up from 2,000 just over a year ago)

Cool eh?

Not only over the last year did we see site changes and server changes, but we saw the moderator team congeal to what it is today. Without these guys busting their ass volunteering everyday, the site would quickly spin into Chaos. Therefore I would like to give a huge thank you to our wicked team of moderators that do a super job of keeping this site what it is: The worlds greatest spot for salon professionals!
  • Geeg (Gigi)
  • Mrs Geek (purrrrrrrrr)
  • Nailsinlondon1 (Ruth)
  • Naturalnails (Fiona)
  • Sassy Hassy (Sarah)
  • ValencianNails (Sandi)
These guys spend an unbelievable amount of time making sure this place runs like clock work. And they do it off their own back. Not only that - but they give great, healthy salongeek advice to boot!

And finally, I want to thank each and every 13.5K of you. In the end, it is you guys that have made this one of the greatest on line communities in the world.

nJoy all

By the way: Whats your personal highlight from Geek 2006?

Happy Birthday Salon Geek!

And a big thank you to you, Sam, for starting what has truly become more than just a site - it's a community of wonderful people with a shared thirst to be the best there is, and I am constantly inspired and humbled by how much passion, knowledge and willingness to share and learn there is within our ranks.

Here's to another fabulous five years (and many more beyond)! :green:

Andy x

P.S. Big cheers with full glasses of plonk to our mods - you guys rock!

Whoooo hooooo happy bday Nail Geek (for yesterday) oops SALON GEEK:lol:

Funny - I celebrated my 1st year on geek on the 6th Jan - it has flown by - lots of highs and some lows - but hey - the geek must be fab - after all over 13 thousand peeps can't be wrong :green: looking forward to another year or (five :wink2: )more :green: :wink2: xxx snuggs xxx

happy birthday salon geek .. well done to the owners & mods xxx

FINDING THE SITE!!!!!!! WOW! All the great education, support, fun and new stuff.

MY personal highlight was to post photos in the 1st Brave Day! That's how comfortable I feel here.

Here, here!! to you Sam and all the moderators and serious supporters of the site.
:hug: :hug:

Happy Birthday Salon Geek!!!! I would be lost without you!!! BIG HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE MODS PLUS THE SALON GEEK HIMSELF (SAM)!!

One big highlight for me has to be the big re vamp to the site, think its was fab & just what was needed!! Well done all!!!! :)

Bring on the geek merchandise!!!!! LOL! Can't wait to see what this year has to offer from the geek family!!! :)

Happy Birthday!!!
Your website is a great place to learn and discover things.
To all thanks for sharing.

Sue:Love:

Happy Birthday Salon Geek. A special Thanks to Sam for creating this fantastic forum and to all the Mods for keeping it what it is.

My highlight/s firstly all the support I received when Mum passed over, I don't know what I would have done without all your kindness, my other highlight that I am so proud of is Winning the Thread Competition and getting all those Geekmollians again without the support of all the Geeks in Geekdom and all their votes the Competition would have not been what it was.

Keep up the good work guys Geeks Rocks.

Joan

Happy Birthday
Salon Geek
&
Congratulations

Looking forward to another 5 years.
& thankyou to all mods past & present for keeping all 13 thousand [WOW] of us here.

Cheers:hug:
XX J XX​

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
SALON GEEK

Another year older, another year wiser lol

I cant just pick one highlight as there was so many last year, all the learning, sharing, laughing, crying it all made for a great time!
Huge congrats to the mods for keeping us all in line lol:hug:

Happy Birthday to The Salon Geek :D

2006 has had a lot of highs, evolving from The Nail Geek into The Salon Geek was a huge one and a very successful one from the number of threads/posts we're getting on The Skin Geek forum :D

Personal highlights, blimey there are a few lol...
Sam asking Fiona and me to join the moderator team was an honour, hard work but it's fab :D
When the thought of having a Brave Day was put into my head from a passing comment by Christine (Urban Geek) I hoped it would work, it did more than that, it's been a huge success and that wouldn't have been possible without you guys posting photo's of your work and being brave, it's now an ongoing thing and we're on to our third one next Monday :D

Thank you Sam for providing us all with not only somewhere we can come to bounce ideas around and receive information and help, but for giving us somewhere that's a happy community where a lot of friendships have been made :hug:

Where's the champers smiley when you need one? lol

Happy birthday and congratulations Sam for all the hard work!

My Hi-light in general is when the site changed from Nail Geek to Salon geek and the support I have received from so many on here now and the great friends I have made (even though I havent met them).

Heres to many more years yet!

Happy Birthday!
Congrats to Sam and the mods for all your hard work, this is a fab site still.
Loads of geek highlights this year but my fave would have to be the Hants Geek meet. It was great to meet such lovely people!
Heres to many more Birthdays xx

Congrats, cant believe it has been that long already. Great community you have built.

Cheers Julie xx

Happy Birthday !!! And Thankyou for sharing the site with all of us. Im so glad i found it. Here's to another 5 years. xxxxxxxxx

Happy birthday Salon geek :green:

Congratulations Sam :!:

I am sure you knew it would be a success,but did you realize just how much of a success you were creating ?

Thankyou to all the mods,for their hard work and the kind generous helpful geeks i have had the pleasure of communicating with. :Love:

My personal highlight of Salon geek 2006 was finding the best most up to date information and help within the industry and joining the site to become part of the community. :)

Thank you :hug:

Happy Birthday to the site.
Highlights from 2006 for me were the bravedays and nails only days. Ruths comp was very good too.
There's fantastic advice being updated all the time.
Thanks Samuel and all the mods for the work you put in on here:hug:
It's really appreciated.

Happy Birthday to the best forum in the world.

Highlight from 2006 for me was the same as Sandi - being made a Moderator - did Sam really realise what he had done giving us the keys to the executive washroom - at last, some power LOL. I hope we use it well. I know we do, not easy most of the time but there you go.

I think over the years the biggest highlight has got to be the Nail Geek thongs LOL - not that I had one you know.

Happy birthday nail geek
guess my fave was placing third in strut your stuff, which I wouldnt have even entered if I had not found the geek site, plus meeting up with my geeky mates at G-mex.

Latest posts

Back