Gel nails, Blue sky

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abi_babe

BellaVoi x
Reaction score
Hey
Has anyone used blue sky before? any feedback from it much appreciated :)

It's a fake version of shellac. No professional would ever use it to give you any feedback. If you search the forum you'll find many threads on it.

Two words STAY CLEAR.

If you are looking for cheap then you won't really find it. Most of the gel polishes from reputable brands are prices similarly.

If you browse through here, you can find the companies people trust. CND Shellac is of course the best (I'm biased) but there are others.

Just don't buy that bluesky junk x

Stay away from one called CCO gel polish too, that's another fake one! X

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

it's ruddy awful to remove! takes an age to get off nails!!

my advice.. avoid!

Horrid stuff to remove agreed you never know what's in these fakes blue sky shellac and blue sky gelish cco shellac and cco gelish all fake unless it says Cnd shellac or harmony gelish don't touch it I use gelish personally now have 35 colours and would never use anything else

I would imagine there would not be a professional tech out in there who would use BS or CCO.

It is NOT a pro brand, it's a cheap knock-off brand with no science behind it or quality ingredients behind it.

Just for future reference, use the search engine as there are loads and loads of posts about blue sky 😊 xx

Yeah stay clear it's faux I can't believe companies like amazon have it on their website. There are lower cost brands than shellac but they don't last so you use more in fixing them, and upset your clients. So it the long run its not worth it.

In addition, it's not safe either...
Who knows what's in that junk! I certainly would not use anything that hasn't been tested carefully on myself never mind my clients!

It's big in Ireland everywhere is advertising it, it's been renamed to shinnerlac it is liscenced I had some on in Dublin when I went for paddys day and it lasted 2 weeks removed really easily I was surprised ! Ppl tell u not to used anything that cnd but to be honest I was in pressed my nails are fine , if u wanna try it u try it! To be honest beaut there are other gel polishes out there better than shellac it's all about testing x

It's big in Ireland everywhere is advertising it, it's been renamed to shinnerlac it is liscenced I had some on in Dublin when I went for paddys day and it lasted 2 weeks removed really easily I was surprised ! Ppl tell u not to used anything that cnd but to be honest I was in pressed my nails are fine , if u wanna try it u try it! To be honest beaut there are other gel polishes out there better than shellac it's all about testing x

I don't really understand most of this post, could you please post without text talk and maybe correct any typos before you post, or edit it to make sense after you have posted.

From what I can make out you seem to be in favour of a cheap made in China copy of Shellac. Just because you had no problems with whatever was put on your nails...was it Bluesky ? Shinnerlac what on earth is that...a typo maybe?
Either way plenty of others have had major problems trying to remove these products from clients nails.
It is not professional to buy cheap counterfeit products for use on the public with no MSDS and no back up from a distributor. It would be very risky for your Insurance cover if a client did indeed have a severe allergic reaction to this stuff!

You also seem to have a lot of knowledge on the Irish Nail Industry having been in Dublin for a weekend :confused:

Sorry if I have taken the wrong meaning from your post, but you will need to be clearer if you want us to understand.

When I posted earlier in this thread, I knew I was going to a tech this afternoon who I suspected was not using CND Shellac.
I have just posted my experience in another thread so I won't re-write what happened but yep, I was right, she was using the above mentioned and my appt didn't last 10 minutes and I came home with my nails bare.
I refused to let her put this horrible stuff on my nails and I questioned her on her calling herself a professional when she uses this rubbish.

Last edited:
The problem with a product like BlueSky or CCO is not that it is inexpensive or made in China. The problem is that it is designed to deceive. The bottles and graphics are copies, designed to look like CND Shellac to fool either the tech or the client into thinking they have received the real item. They had to be sued to make them remove "Shellac" from the bottles, but the bottles are still a copy of CND Shellac. Any product whose intention is deception is a product that you should be wary of. If they are willing to resort to deception, what else will they resort to - dangerous ingredients? There are lots of less expensive alternatives to CND Shellac that are very good products - but they never pretend to be other than what they are. If you can't afford CND Shellac, pick another quality brand and be honest in your advertising.

Well I live in Dublin and I can tell you that I have not come across anybody who is using it so far and I've a habit of checking salons as I walk by as am always interested in what they are doing and most ive come across seem to be genuine shellac or gelish, I've seen them not use the right lamp etc but that's a whole different thread!! I use genuine shellac and would be horrified if it wasn't genuine!

Izzidoll I have dislexyia and suffer bad with it before up start bitching about my comment! Yes I went on a weekend! I had my nails done spur of the ment I got talking to the tech which showed me the bottle saying bluesky shinnerlac and had been renamed from blue sky shellac which she said was talking Ireland by storm ( who was I to judge I never huge anyone ) I listened to every word she told me! I was impressed how long it stayed on ! And for out to say I have knowledges on cheap I'm ping what the tech told me ! But yet your very quick to judge me
The industry is not all about cnd but this site if you don't eat sleep drink cnd your worthless! This is the 2nd thread I've seen today bitching about ppl who buy cheaper product some have just started out and buy cheap to help them along as thy may not afford anything else!
But it's comments and threads bitching about non cnd products that causes tension! Ppl are not here o be warped by cnd they are here to ask for advice and ask for guidance .but they don't get it they get either ignored or bitched at. And if tech want to use cheaper products that should be fine!

Sugar&spice, who can you train with to gain your certificate to use Bluesky products? Do they offer advance training & guidance if you have issues with individual clients? How do does a serious nail tech get insured using this product? I am asking these questions, as I asked myself these questions before I chose my products that I use.

The problem with a product like BlueSky or CCO is not that it is inexpensive or made in China. The problem is that it is designed to deceive. The bottles and graphics are copies, designed to look like CND Shellac to fool either the tech or the client into thinking they have received the real item. They had to be sued to make them remove "Shellac" from the bottles, but the bottles are still a copy of CND Shellac. Any product whose intention is deception is a product that you should be wary of. If they are willing to resort to deception, what else will they resort to - dangerous ingredients? There are lots of less expensive alternatives to CND Shellac that are very good products - but they never pretend to be other than what they are. If you can't afford CND Shellac, pick another quality brand and be honest in your advertising.

Sugar&spice, maybe your didn't read this post by Nancysyd.

It explains why Bluesky is not a professional product, yet says there are plenty cheaper Gel polish options out there that are quality products.

I doubt anyone would be insured to use this product, the point is not "don't use it because its a cheap knock off" it's more "don't use it as you have no way of knowing what is in it and you're putting your clients at risk"

There's no training available for it to my knowledge, no MSDS etc. Just steer clear and provide your clients with quality backed by science :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back