Gel nails, Blue sky

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I just care about the people. I'm sorry if my way of thinking offends people but I won't change it :) I k ow ill be good at what I will do. And I know ill be able to be as affordable as I can. Because I've been down and out in life. I've lived off food vouchers and struggled to keep a roof over my head and its amazing how much better you can feel about yourself with your hair or nails done. It's even more amazing when toucan get those feelings with good service at low prices aptly don't have to struggle.

Like I said, personally I would rather charge less money and work more hours and offer a good service that makes people happy than just charge through the roof and be cold towards the people that can't afford you. Anyone ever gone through the check out and have your card not clear because there isn't any money on there? Yea this is business and we are all entitled to run our own the way we want to but Id like to know that people aren't going through a financial hardship just to afford me. I don't need to cater to only people who have good money. Ill do my best to be affordable by everyone :) :/) and I wouldn't offer a service I wouldn't feel comfortable using on myself nor one that would hurt or damage someone in any way.

But like I said each to their own. I'm not a trained professionalYETbut I know what u want to one I am one :) its worked for my current business and it will work when I get into this as well.

Ok well I've said my piece and I know regardless of what I do or say not everyone will ever agree with me and that's completely fine :) :) but I've said my bit and that's all I need to say. The things I've posted are my reasons and that's everything really! I'm leaving this post now :) :) have a nice day ladies :-D

I also am a purveyor of oysters and always will be.

In fact, if I can't do something that is the best, I won't do it at all. Does that mean I am uncaring and cold towards clients who cannot afford my services? No. I'm not uncaring nor cold towards anyone but if they don't want my services at my price then I don't want them! and if I were at the cheap end of the spectrum then I would not attract those who want the best! Hello? Pretty simple.

I give to charities .. but I am not running my business like one!

I stand by what I've said :) sorry ladies! :)

I also am a purveyor of oysters and always will be.

In fact, if I can't do something that is the best, I won't do it at all. Does that mean I am uncaring and cold towards clients who cannot afford my services? No. I'm not uncaring nor cold towards anyone but if they don't want my services at my price then I don't want them! and if I were at the cheap end of the spectrum then I would not attract those who want the best! Hello? Pretty simple.

I give to charities .. but I am not running my business like one!

I couldn't agree more.

Nail enhancements are a luxury service as far as I'm concerned. I've only ever had one passing comment about my prices being high and even that client admitted that she was happy with the service, product and finish and commented that it was much higher quality with a quicker service time than her usual cheaper tech. It's a no brainer for me, people come to me because they want something brand specific and I give it to them.

Kasey, your intentions are laudable, but maybe a little naive. It will be interesting to see if your opinion changes when you're dog tired after a couple of years of back breaking hard work.
Just as you stand by what you've said, so do I. There are so many on-costs associated with running a business it will make your eyes bleed!

You are entitled to your opinion, of course :hug: but I do not agree with your rational and would not advise it as a workable business model to anyone. I suppose it depends on whether one wants to put food on their table and make a real business or not.

No one who has the skills, the ambition and uses the best-end products, given the choice, would work longer and harder for the same return using low end products when they could work smarter and for the money they are really worth.

I'm just confused as to how you earn any money, you must work for £1 an hour...Have you done the maths?:|

It was interesting to read this thread as I recently tried out a bluesky product as part of a trial. The previous varnish I'd tried lasted 24 hours, the bluesky one lasted 48 hours before chipping badly and then picking off - very easily! No way would it have lasted 14 days.

But the most interesting thing was that I reviewed their MSDS sheets and then entered into a discussion with them about how they were fake. There were various reasons for this but needless to say I followed up some of the details on the MSDS and the company listed had no idea what I was talking about as they weren't involved in making anything to do with that product. I'm still waiting for Bluesky's explanation of this.

After this I had a CND manicure and was curious to see how long it would last - 14 days later and one small chip! Far superior! No way would I pay for bluesky!

Reading through this thread, I am so disgusted at some of the comments and judgements made towards others. This is supposed to be a site to help one another!!

Reading through this thread, I am so disgusted at some of the comments and judgements made towards others. This is supposed to be a site to help one another!!

I agree. BUt i've learnt to get over it :) I Do things my way and I'm successfully doing so so its not a huge deal what other people think or feel :)

It was interesting to read this thread as I recently tried out a bluesky product as part of a trial. The previous varnish I'd tried lasted 24 hours, the bluesky one lasted 48 hours before chipping badly and then picking off - very easily! No way would it have lasted 14 days.

But the most interesting thing was that I reviewed their MSDS sheets and then entered into a discussion with them about how they were fake. There were various reasons for this but needless to say I followed up some of the details on the MSDS and the company listed had no idea what I was talking about as they weren't involved in making anything to do with that product. I'm still waiting for Bluesky's explanation of this.

After this I had a CND manicure and was curious to see how long it would last - 14 days later and one small chip! Far superior! No way would I pay for bluesky!

Any reply from them yet?

Michelle

Latest posts

Back