Gelicure black

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gattia

Reaction score
Hi any Gelicure users. I have used the black yesterday and it was so watery and sheer. I applied 4 coats and you could still see the nail through the colour - it was no way a solid shiny black, more a wishy washy charcoal. I had to use glitter over to make it look nice. I know Shellac Black covers in 2 Coates. Anyone else had this with the black or any other colour

Sorry hit send early. Maybe it's a faulty bottle??? Should it be a nice shiny solid black?

hi there,

did you give the bottle a good agitate? i havent used the black but have used lots of the other colours and havent had this problem. or give them a call tomorrow to ask?

tigi
xx

This happened to me. I got my hubby to shake the bottle lots then I wiped the brush a few times on couch roll and this solved it.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Oh and tbh I put three coats on with most colours.

Thanks guys, yes I did shake well but will have another very good shake & see what happens before I ring HO. Colours like Smoky, grenadine etc cover very well in 2 coats. I find Vital & Flirt very sheer, not strong solid colours at all which I wasn't expecting. (I guess that makes them good for layering). Yes I normally do 3 thin coats for most colours (I have nearly all of them) but wouldn't expect to do more than this.

I really would advise wiping the brush as even with shaking it was still "separated" on the brush with mine.

I've used the black a lot. It covers absolutely beautifully in 3 coats. Really dense black. Maybe, as others have said, the bottle needed a good shake.

Hi any Gelicure users. I have used the black yesterday and it was so watery and sheer. I applied 4 coats and you could still see the nail through the colour - it was no way a solid shiny black, more a wishy washy charcoal. I had to use glitter over to make it look nice. I know Shellac Black covers in 2 Coates. Anyone else had this with the black or any other colour
Hi I had the same issue with Coco Shimmer it was a dodgy bottle and I swapped it for another.
I have black and it goes on well and only really need 2 coats, it's one of my favourites I am wearing it on my toes at the moment with Electric touch over the top shines different colours in the light.

I've only used black once but shook it a lot and used 3 coats. I had the same problem with Smokey and think I didn't shake it enough, it was watery and sort of oily. Used it on a client last week and shook it a lot and it was fine. I think the darker colours need more shaking to get a proper colour. X

I know this probably sounds very silly but how do you all shake your bottles? Do you literally give it a shake in any direction or do you roll the bottle quickly?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Thanks guys. I've picked out Vital, Flirt & the Black & shaken like mad and tested on poppits and LOADS better. I didn't realise they need shaking but it's done the trick :)

Just to add Vital was needing 4 coats before & still looked a bit sheer. I tested using 3 coats and I can now see why this colour is so popular. Hurrah!!

Vital is LUSH! Even with shaking well I always do 3 coats of it to get the fab colour. X

I found the black quite thin too, but lots of shaking (turning bottle upside down when shaking seems to help too) and three coats should do it.

It does bug me though that we should need to do three coats of colour, not only because it's more time consuming, but the extra coats means extra thickness! Don't get me wrong, they're still lovely and thin and customers are happy with the finish....... but I get a bit obsessed looking down the barrel of the nail and comparing it against a nail polished nail - it's stil not quite nail polish thin when you have to do three colour coats - grr!

Still love it though :)

I know this is an old thread but you've all used Gelicure! After I've cured my top coat the colour looks shiny and glossy but when I wipe over with the cleansing solution it goes matte :/ why is it doing this?

I know this is an old thread but you've all used Gelicure! After I've cured my top coat the colour looks shiny and glossy but when I wipe over with the cleansing solution it goes matte :/ why is it doing this?

I had a bottle that did that, it gave a weird sort of satin finish. I spoke to Palms and sent them photos and they replaced it. New bottle is perfect. Give them a call, they're aware of the problem. X

Latest posts

Back