Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I followed JuicyLucys instructions because I was having trouble too and now it comes off fine. I usually get them all wrapped then make a cuppa to give the first one another 5 mins before removal. I usually use my Creative curved cuticle pusher to get the remains off as it's better than an orange wood stick. I do cuticles then file before starting the next nail

I too use gelicure and i love it. I have trialed many gel polishes and shellac. I work with horses, dont really wear gloves and dont look after my nails as well as i should- Gelicure withstands all i put it through.
I also find that it soaks off easily xx

thanks juicylucy for sharing all your knowledge with us!! xx

I usually use my Creative curved cuticle pusher to get the remains off as it's better than an orange wood stick. I do cuticles then file before starting the next nail

I must admit I sometimes use a cuticle pusher for speed and a gentle scrape is all that is needed. I also do the full pep i.e. cuticles and filing on each nail before removing the wrap on the next.

Thanks Bronzed for the thanks :lol:, I appreciate it and hope I have been able to help. Gelicure is such a fab product and its a shame if people are put off with teething problems. Fortunately, I never had any of the problems others have experienced. I had one to one training with an excellent trainer so its probably down to her.

I love gelicure ! However I was performing it on a client using Victorian teal and after curing and putting next layer on. It was fading at the top(by cuticle) then after putting top coat on. I whiped and the pad was the colour of the teal ? Confused.com!

I love gelicure ! However I was performing it on a client using Victorian teal and after curing and putting next layer on. It was fading at the top(by cuticle) then after putting top coat on. I whiped and the pad was the colour of the teal ? Confused.com!

That sounds like under curing. Sometimes my clients don't place their pinkies in the right place and this can happen. You can usually spot it and correct it (by making sure their hands are placed correctly) before curing the second colour coat. I use an LED lamp. If you are using a UV lamp, check all your bulbs are working correctly.

Ok thankyou for your help ! I'm using an ibd 5000 uv lamp. But ive been hunting for the wattage everywhere and cannot find it ! Will I back to my 36 watt until I know for sure the ibd has a high enough wattage xxx

I must admit I sometimes use a cuticle pusher for speed and a gentle scrape is all that is needed. I also do the full pep i.e. cuticles and filing on each nail before removing the wrap on the next.

Thanks Bronzed for the thanks :lol:, I appreciate it and hope I have been able to help. Gelicure is such a fab product and its a shame if people are put off with teething problems. Fortunately, I never had any of the problems others have experienced. I had one to one training with an excellent trainer so its probably down to her.

I only started pepping each nail one at a time after you told me to:wink2: It's a much better way of doing it and stops me rushing trying to get the old product off too quick which is a waste of time anyway as it's much easier if you leave it longer to dissolve. All the tips from you have really helped me get to grips with Gelicure and I love it now, so thanks! x

I need to have a client book in for a change now so I can test this method out! If it works for me juicylucy I will be sending a cyber hug! Fingers crossed as I love this product and what to get this removal sorted! :)

JuicyLucy - yes thank you for your reply regarding nude/pale colours. Although I have only been using Gelicure for just over a month I have not found removal a problem, in fact I've found it easy. Will try JuicyLucy's method though next time so I'm not sat waiting for 10 mins. Im using the Infinity Artificial Product remover or CND dissolve.
If any of you do infills with Gelicure, what is your procedure. I have successfully done a couple and also a repair by buffing off top coat and some colour then reapplying from Nail Prep step 1 stage.
I think the infills are great as it will limit the amount of acetone products used on clients. What do you guys think? :Love:

If any of you do infills with Gelicure, what is your procedure. I have successfully done a couple and also a repair by buffing off top coat and some colour then reapplying from Nail Prep step 1 stage.
I think the infills are great as it will limit the amount of acetone products used on clients. What do you guys think? :Love:

I allow my clients one infill (as per my training). I do exactly the same as you i.e. buff off topcoat, apply Prep No. 1 and basecoat to regrowth only, Prep No. 2 on free edge, colour and topcoat as normal.

A couple of times I have had a bit of the old colour coat sit up near the cuticle after I've applied and cured the basecoat. When this happened I added a colour coat, cured, then wiped with cleanser and then swiped the lump with a file and re colour coated. Worked fine.

Infills work well if the clients wants the same colour or a darker colour. Victorian Teal covers anything!

Being able to do infills was one of the reasons I opted for Gelicure in the first place. I understand from posts on this site that you can do it with Gelish too. Great, as Gattia says, for limiting the amount of acetone exposure to clients.

Thanks JuicyLucy. Very helpful and informative. I have also notice the gel sitting up around the regrowth so in future I will use your method. This site is amazing for help and advice but do you think the course is value for money? :)

Ladies have a client in an hour who had Gelicure on her natural nails she had broken both index nails.....
Can I put tips on, blend n use my NCO build and base gel then buff n use Gelicure from step 1????

Sorry, this is probably too late to help. You buff the enhancement (so that its not shiney) and then go straight to colour coats. So no base coats or prep 1 or 2.

When it comes to removal on enhancements, I file it off. It comes off really easily.

I wasn't sure so I didn't put tips on they werent as short as she made out so didn't look to bad!
In future can I double check u mean buff the build up then colour n top coat?x

In future can I double check u mean buff the build up then colour n top coat?x

Yes, I mean buff the surface of the enhancement so that its not as smooth as your normal finish so that the colour has a good key. I personally don't use No. 2 prep on enhancements, but I suppose you could.

So buff, no basecoat or Prep No. 1, colour coats and topcoat.

Hi all, I did a new lady with Victorian Teal last night and was really disappointed with myself. It seemed to be really hard to not get it on her skin and then I couldn't get it off! I used a wood stick and also a wipe with alcohol on but I thought it looked a mess on one of her fingers when I'd finished. It's someone I know and I messaged her to say I was unhappy with it and I would redo if she wanted but she said it's fine and she's pleased. I am very fussy myself and wouldn't have been happy if someone had done mine like it. The weird thing is that I did my Mum's after with Aubergine and not a problem, they looked lovely. Not sure if the colour was more runny or maybe I was not as comfortable with the lady as it's the first time I've done hers and she had been to a Nail Bar and had "Shellac" before so maybe I felt under pressure to do a good job and made it worse! It really worries me when that happens, and also chipping worries me. I've got one lady that has chipped with every colour on but then I've got some that last 3 weeks with no chips so I must be doing it right??? I just feel really rubbish if someone says it chipped!

JuicyLucy...... Removed Gelicure your way tonight and it worked!!!!!
Think I was expecting it to have flaked away like shellac but as soon as I got my metal cuticle stick it just scrapped off, I still didn't think it had worked as to look at looked intact!
Only think I would say is my clients nails where yellowed after removal and she didn't have a new colour so looked a bit like a smokers nails?!!!

JuicyLucy...... Removed Gelicure your way tonight and it worked!!!!!

Yay!

Only thing I would say is my clients nails where yellowed after removal and she didn't have a new colour so looked a bit like a smokers nails?!!!

What colour was it that you removed? I know a few have said that Bois de Rose can stain, but personally I have not found that. I did notice that one of my own nails were stained after Gelish Bella's Vampire, but a light buff soon removed it.

She'd had A La Mode on for 4wks.... Still perfect! I did a light buff on most but two stained, she wasn't bothered as will be having a red for Xmas in a few wks. Just glad finally iv sorted the removal! Off to suppliers to get some hairdressers foils coz my tin foil from the kitchen was a bit haphazard! :)

Latest posts

Back