Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of you ladies have the Nubar LED lamp and use gelish as well as Gelicure? I'm looking at offering both products as a wide range but don't want to be buying the gelish lamp as well!

That's prob a question for nail harmony. Do they specify that it must be their lamp?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

do the gelicure application first and then do the rest of the pedicure steps afterwards, otherwise the soaking of the feet etc could lead to lifting. x[/QUOTE

Thank you, just had a thought though, won't they be smelly whilst doing the prep and application? Think i will use the whole bottle of foot spray. Lol.

You can give them a quick wash first just don't soak them and make sure you dry them thoroughly! :) x

That's prob a question for nail harmony. Do they specify that it must be their lamp?

Not specifically but I'm guessing if I rang and asked I would get the usual talk of we can't guarantee anything other than our own lamp coz they want u to buy it!
I'm thinking of seeing if anyone is selling off some gelish & try out on the cheap first if no-one in here uses both?
Also Nubar don't do a hard gel that sets under the led & I think some of my clients need a harder gel as a base so need to look at other brands as they said they don't know of that product in the pipeline! :(

Nubar do a buff off uv gel im sure. As well as a soak off one. I have the soak off builder gel for under gelicure if needed. Might be worth checking if that can be cured under led. X

Nubar do a buff off uv gel im sure. As well as a soak off one. I have the soak off builder gel for under gelicure if needed. Might be worth checking if that can be cured under led. X

Hi salj, the soak off builder gel that you use under Gelicure, can you add any length at all with it?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

I'm not trained in enhancements but yes, palms said you can use it for that. X

I'm not trained in enhancements but yes, palms said you can use it for that. X

How much extra length? How do you do it? Do i need forms too?

They told me only the Gelicure at this stage is made to set under the LED, wish they hurry up & bring out a hard gel range to go with it! Fancy new lamp & no product!

Finding it really difficult to do French manicure with Gelicure. I am rubbish and getting worried as my brides want me to do them, it's stressing me out.

How much extra length? How do you do it? Do i need forms too?

Sorry you'd have to speak to palms, i'm not trained in enhancements, so I only bought it to go under Gelicure for a bit of extra strength.

Finding it really difficult to do French manicure with Gelicure. I am rubbish and getting worried as my brides want me to do them, it's stressing me out.

Are you doing it with a nail art brush ?? That's how they thought me on the training day, so not to use the brush in the bottle but just a fine, thin nail art brush its soo much easier !!

Are you doing it with a nail art brush ?? That's how they thought me on the training day, so not to use the brush in the bottle but just a fine, thin nail art brush its soo much easier !!

yes and I'm still crap at it.

yes and I'm still crap at it.
How I find it easiest is to wipe the inhibition layer of the base coat (or of electric touch if you put that on first) then paint the french tip as best I can. Then I use a (very very slightly) dampened (with cleanse) brush to clean up the smile line. I tried a gel brush, but I find it easier with a smalled angled nail art brush). Then cure and repeat if needed ... etc.

In training we were just shown to slap the white on in no orderly fashion and then put the smile line in with a gel brush. I don't do it quite like that but it doesn't matter if you can't paint it on perfectly as you can clean it up.

Have you tried applying your french with a dotting tool?

Sorry you'd have to speak to palms, i'm not trained in enhancements, so I only bought it to go under Gelicure for a bit of extra strength.

Thanks. I am not trained in it either but would be handy for a tiny tiny bit of extra length if they have snapped a nail etc. Do you find the Gelicure lasts the same with builder gel under? Or longer? x

Thanks. I am not trained in it either but would be handy for a tiny tiny bit of extra length if they have snapped a nail etc. Do you find the Gelicure lasts the same with builder gel under? Or longer? x

I'm not sure yet to be honest, I've just bought it. I've got a thumb that is forever splitting down low and it's the only finger that gelicure chips on on me (generally). So I'm gonna test it out on myself this week. Then on my mum (nothing stays on her nails, so I'm hoping this helps).

Hi, can i ask all you gelicure pros a question...i have a client who has seen pot de creme and wants me to get it. Now i already have shellac and everyone loves it so i dont really want to invest totally in a new system i might not use again! She wants acrylics and the pot de creme over the top, iv read somewhere on this thread and i apologise if its been answered but is it possible to put 2 colour coats and a top coat over the acrylic? I dont want to be buying step 1 step 2 and base coat if i dont need it!? Thanks x

I'm not sure yet to be honest, I've just bought it. I've got a thumb that is forever splitting down low and it's the only finger that gelicure chips on on me (generally). So I'm gonna test it out on myself this week. Then on my mum (nothing stays on her nails, so I'm hoping this helps).

Brilliant, let me know how you get on! x x

Hi, can i ask all you gelicure pros a question...i have a client who has seen pot de creme and wants me to get it. Now i already have shellac and everyone loves it so i dont really want to invest totally in a new system i might not use again! She wants acrylics and the pot de creme over the top, iv read somewhere on this thread and i apologise if its been answered but is it possible to put 2 colour coats and a top coat over the acrylic? I dont want to be buying step 1 step 2 and base coat if i dont need it!? Thanks x

I use Gelicure over Bio Sculpture enhancements. After I've applied, cured, and buffed off the shine of my final layer of Bio Sculpture, I wipe the nail to remove the dust, apply my coats of Gelicure and top coat, and it works perfectly. Hope this helps xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363730085.383885.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363730108.224207.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363730136.758364.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363730165.617114.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363730220.811178.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363730269.109039.jpg

Latest posts

Back