Gelish v Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a thread on the Gelish lovers group that I either started or was part of regarding removal. But basically I....

*Used cotton wool balls instead of pads so it moulded to the curve of the nail better.
*When placing the cotton wool I made sure I overlapped a little bit over the free edge.
*Properly soaked the cotton wool (still wet after 15 minutes).
*Made sure the heavy duty foil was shiney side to the nail.
*Heated wheat bag.
*Unwrap one at a time, no longer than 15 minutes to prevent drying out and rehardening.

Hope that helps. It literally changed the removal experience for me!

Thanks for that. I took of nearly 4 week old Gelish today with the Shellac wraps and Gelish remover and it caused me no problems and made sure I followed these instructions. No difference in nails to the Shellac so thanks for the tips.

Yep Nail Harmony and no you don't need your certificate when you sign up/pace an order.

I'm switching to Gelish after using another brand, ordered the Aurora kit today and can't wait for it to arrive, the colours look gorgeous!! :lol:

I believe you do need a manicure certificate as proof that you are a professional & not "Jo Public" to buy Gelish from Nail Harmony, as it is still a professional product & for professionals only.

Last edited:
Yep Nail Harmony and no you don't need your certificate when you sign up/pace an order.

I'm switching to Gelish after using another brand, ordered the Aurora kit today and can't wait for it to arrive, the colours look gorgeous!! :lol:

Aww thank you lovely x

Thanks for that. I took of nearly 4 week old Gelish today with the Shellac wraps and Gelish remover and it caused me no problems and made sure I followed these instructions. No difference in nails to the Shellac so thanks for the tips.

You're welcome! I'm glad it helped. :biggrin:

Can you still use a CND lamp with Gelish? What are the curing times? Do they differ from Shellac?

I use my CND lamp for Gelish. Foundation coat is one minute curing time, where as Shellac base coat is ten seconds.

yep u need manicure cert i train in l&p with nail harmony and i couldnt purchase gelish from harmony at all until id done manicure.

Can you still use a CND lamp with Gelish? What are the curing times? Do they differ from Shellac?

I'm using the CND lamp with Gelish. I read somewhere for a UV lamp its, 1 min for base coat, and 2 mins for each colour coat and Top It Off.

Do nail harmony do a solar oil type product for home use? I find clients not using solar oil with shellac end up with really dry nails and presume it would be the same with gelish?

While they do, I still send all of my clients home with a pinkie bottle of CND Solar Oil because it is my personal fav. I have challenged them to oil once a day for 2 weeks and see the difference and that is usually enough to get them to use it. It really makes a difference....even in adhesion.

Yep, I'm with you on the solar oil, I love it. My mum has really bad nails, very dry and cracked as she loves gardening. She has just started using Solar Oil and she has already noticed a difference in just a couple of days. They have more of a shine to them. So its definitely a habit worth getting into.

Latest posts

Back