Gelish vs Shellac vs Jessica Geleration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becky_1992

Reaction score
just really want peoples own opinions on what product they think is better, i.e for pricing, quality, lasting etc
as im totally stuck with which one to actually go with

Have you had all three done? Find local salons that do them and have one of each treatment done to see how they are applied, how they last and how they look and feel.

I can find you three people on here who will all advocate each of the products. You need to try them out for yourself.

Mat

Have you had all three done? Find local salons that do them and have one of each treatment done to see how they are applied, how they last and how they look and feel.

I can find you three people on here who will all advocate each of the products. You need to try them out for yourself.

Mat

i did think of trying them out myself but wouldnt be any point as i already have gel nails on at the minute so just want peoples own opinions for the minute i guess :)

I'd also love to know what preferences anyone has from one system to another - i've been following these threads for quite a while - it seems that the geleration is the newest to be launched (& dare i say it the poorest advertised!)also has build potential as well The shellac has a brill promotional package behind it & certainly a lot of people are very excited about that range - but i have some concerns of ongoing stock issues & the price of lamp and then gelish which is better for weaker nails (post enhanced) nails as well as any other natural nail can be used with other lamps & seems to work out more economical per set, so that is why some of you have 2 or all of these ranges??

I'm not in a position to get any of it just yet (just completing level 2 beauty) & thought i would just do pedicures & manicures but these new hybrids really intrigue me I wouldn't/couldn't have all but which to choose!!!! I have had shellac manicure & will be booking a geleration so hopefully that will help me decide - but for those of you that have tried some/all what/why are your preferences?

OOOh thats just what I popped in for ,,,,, Just reading up on the Gelish as we speak.....Currently using Shellac.....Great product, Clients love it but would love to hear the ratings on the Gelish x

The best thing to do is to go to the Gelish Lovers group and the Shellac Lovers group and see what everyone is saying there. You will find lots of girls who use both on the Gelish Lovers group. There isn't one as yet for GELeration as no one has started one up yet.

Do a search using the search button at the top of the page and you will find masses of information available to you on each of the products. :green:

Mat

This is still the best option....if you can't do it yourself then why not get a friend to go and get the treatments and then monitor how she gets on with them.
Definitely have a read over all the information on here (there is plenty ) especially in the social groups, it is all good research before you make this investment.
However no matter how much research you do there is no better way of testing a product than actually having a treatment with it and checking how it lasts for yourself.

Hi I use shellac and gelish both have had customers with them on for 3 week, easy to use I don't file the natural just prep and apply product, just wish I could afford all the colours in gelish going to buy 4 a month till hopefully I have the gelish :)

Hi I use shellac and gelish both have had customers with them on for 3 week, easy to use I don't file the natural just prep and apply product, just wish I could afford all the colours in gelish going to buy 4 a month till hopefully I have the gelish :)

ahh i thinks thats what im going to have to do i guess, cause i read that ones stronger for the nail too?

going to get my place set first for it all then will see how it goes :D
Ive seen shellac in most salons, but yet ive seen gelish as number one in one of the sunday magazines you get with the papers so all confusing ha x

Latest posts

Back