Getting a text from a client Xmas day!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a text today from a new one, never met before, saying hope I HAD a nice Xmas, and could I do her nails asap ! Played on my mind a bit whilst I had family over, but I sent her a text at 5 and said I could see her on 31st. It's for a gel overlay, my favorite ! She said she is coming back to my area that day so will text to see if have any appointments still left for that day... very considerate :!:

I was sending text replies to a new client at half past midnight (so technically the early hours of Christmas Eve morning) .... sold a last minute gift voucher :eek: I shouldn't have replied really but I was still up after daughter returned from a concert and was wide awake and I figured the new client wouldn't expect a reply straight away and I thought - I'll surprise her! lol

But Christmas Day!! And to complain as well. Needs a slap.

Are u a bit of a baa humbug virtues lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ha ha unless I'm sitting on a nice beach with the sun shining and a nice cold drink in hand - then yes I probably am. ..ha ha x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a phone call from someone wanting to book an appointment... It was 8.30pm on Christmas Eve. Oh just bugger off will ya!

I had a phone call from someone wanting to book an appointment... It was 8.30pm on Christmas Eve. Oh just bugger off will ya!

Yeah I got text too on Xmas eve from a regular wanting to book an appointment, and a phone call about a broken nail from a lady I did, you just want to say f off :grr::smack:

Oh bore off!! Christmas is a national holiday who does she think she is! I let my people know I'm not doing anything nail related over Christmas in fact I didn't post pictures of Xmas nails up on Facebook till late Xmas Eve so no one could Inbox me and ask me for them lol! It irritates me so so much I had one person message me to cut hair on Christmas Eve but I told them I'm not working till the new year! Don't get me wrong I love it and am very passionate about it and that shows through I think but I'm not desperate thanks, I don't need to be working 24/7. Oh this has annoyed me even though it didn't happen to me lol! Cxx

That is so rude. I had a client message on xmas eve night and I gor back to her then i said to myself no why are you doing this? We work so hard all year trying to please everyone we deserve time off. When I have days off I have to go away or clients will say ohh could u not just pop in and do me and I feel bad saying no? But if im away then i cant. Its nuts some clients have no respect. Dont worry about it dog your heels in! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had one Xmas eve at 8.30pm. Asking for an appointment. Ignored it. Will reiterate on in salon and FB that I will only answer calls/texts from 8.30am -7.00pm. Some people are very rude.

Some people will keep pushing, so it's up to us to say no! And I think we're doing our fellow geeks a favour if we say no as it sends a message that it's unacceptable behaviour, so maybe they won't then try it on with someone else.
I get this kind of sh*t from my own sister! I was round my mum's today and my sister was like 'can I just have a quick massage?'. No you can't young lady!

Hi I had been reading this thread and thought I'd check my messages sure enough I have a message about gelish chipped on a thumb nail 8pm xmas day. Its a new client. I cant believe it. Not answering untill tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I got a txt from my friend wondering if I "could fit her in with my family time to do her nails" on Christmas Eve. She wasn't very happy when I told her no! Haven't heard from her since.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using SalonGeek mobile app

You poor things getting texts on Christmas! I just got one xmas eve saying merry Christmas lol didn't even pick my phone up until today though. What's the point winding yourself up if there are any messages? x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi I had been reading this thread and thought I'd check my messages sure enough I have a message about gelish chipped on a thumb nail 8pm xmas day. Its a new client. I cant believe it. Not answering untill tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Suggest she chops her thumb off and then the chip on that nail will no longer be a problem! :wink2:

Suggest she chops her thumb off and then the chip on that nail will no longer be a problem! :wink2:

Ha ha ha. Perfect that appeals to my sense of humour.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I received a text from a regular client at 9:57 pm Boxing Day night, canceling her morning appointment for the 27th.
I was not very happy as I had decided to have the day off after doing nails until 9pm Christmas Eve and working my "other" job Christmas & Boxing Days...but she pleaded, she was going away, wanted them fresh and looking good, so I gave in and booked it!
Anyway, I did a very naughty thing and sent a reply at 11:08pm, I do feel a bit guilty though.

Makes me so mad!!! I had a message on Facebook of a client saying shed broken a nail & can I ring her to repair it at 8pm on Xmas day but merry Christmas!!. Our fb clearly states we are closed till 2nd jan, so she's getting ignored till then!!. Would tesco open just because you'd broken some eggs???.

I honestly don't understand these messages and they are so frequent on salon geek..why don't you have a business number/phone if you are a business??! Your personal phone should be separate. Then you can leave your business phone to go to your business answerphone message out of hours. You can then check your messages/texts at appropriate times and never be bothered at silly hours of the night/xmas day etc by business. Surely that makes sense!

I honestly don't understand these messages and they are so frequent on salon geek..why don't you have a business number/phone if you are a business??! Your personal phone should be separate. Then you can leave your business phone to go to your business answerphone message out of hours. You can then check your messages/texts at appropriate times and never be bothered at silly hours of the night/xmas day etc by business. Surely that makes sense!

But I think it would wind us up even if messages were left on a business phone at ungodly hours or on Christmas Day. The point we're making is these clients have the audacity to call at all at these rediculous times and expect the phone or text to be answered. Whether its on a business phone or not wouldn't make any difference to me.

The thing is on a business phone you can have a message on it stating your hours and that messages will be replied to during those hours.
Most clients that leave messages at strange times are just texting or messaging when it is still on their minds before they forget and don't really expect an answer right away.

Surely it would be more of a problem if your phone was silent with no clients contacting you at all.
Having read this thread I would be scared to contact quite a few of you :Scared:

The thing is on a business phone you can have a message on it stating your hours and that messages will be replied to during those hours.
Most clients that leave messages at strange times are just texting or messaging when it is still on their minds before they forget and don't really expect an answer right away.

Surely it would be more of a problem if your phone was silent with no clients contacting you at all.
Having read this thread I would be scared to contact quite a few of you :Scared:

True. I'm really scary. My clients have told me. Lol. They wouldn't DARE call me Xmas day. :wink2:

Latest posts

Back