Girl at work getting me down! Grrrr!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
How would you deal with this, sorry its a long one....
I work in a small office with another girl who has her nails done regularly in a chinese place. When i first started i didnt tell her i had trained in nails as hers looked good and i didnt feel (still dont) that i would be able to offer her a comparable service. A girl that i went to college with to do nails came in and we got chatting about nails, when she left my colleague asked how i knew her? told her we went to college together doing nails......she said 'all this time ive been going to them when you could be doing them for me??' I explained to her that i dont feel that confident yet but that i had qualified a couple of years ago, just not practised enough! her reply....'how come yours looked so **** when you did them yourself then?' :cry:, I just said its not easy doing them on yourself and left it at that....

Each time i do them now i have to have them inspected and comments passed. I happened to break one scrubbing my bathroom tiles after they had just been grouted.... 'Oh mine would never break! I can scrub, garden...etc etc'....'I would never go anywhere else, they last forever and look great' ....

I put on a set of gel and had them examined, she'll see how long they last and maybe i can do hers if they are still on in a couple of weeks... NO THANKS! lol
I did some little daisy type flowers with a dotting tool......she lasted a full 3 hours before asking to inspect....'what did you want to go buying that paint for?? no ones going to want that!'...... I dont even bother to answer anymore but it is getting on my nerves to put it mildly :evil: I feel like going to the chinese place and getting mine done just to see if she still finds fault in them!! lol. My hubby said tell her to go forth and multiply!!

anyone else suffered this type of thing and how do you handle it? I do not ever want her as a customer! lol

Oh babe thats soooooo bad, I think that your hubby is right hun! You have qualified, you know what you are talking about, and you are a good tech, so dont take anything that woman says to heart- she obviously doesnt know what she is talking about!

next time she says anything just tell her that you have plenty of people who know you are a competent and wonderful tech and really she should just hush.

Put her straight babe and dont pay any attention to her.

Big hugs;)

I agree with your hubby.
Basically just tell her that you wouldn't want to ever do her nails cos you can't imagine what sort of state they're in after all the visits she's made to the chinese place ( judgemental I know assuming MMA ) That should give her something to think about.

Tell her that when she can do a set of nails on herself nearly as good as yours then she has the right to comment!!

Don't let someone like this take away your confidence, the best revenge is to be succesfull, build up a good client base and then silently stick two fingers up in the air.

All the best to you and good luck!!

I agree with your husband. She's just jealous of you. I think you should give up your job work as a mobile nail technician.....radical step I know but it's worth it. I gave up my work last year to have my baby and started working as a freelance beauty therapist and haven't looked back. Take a long hard look at your finances and go for it. Or you could start advertising/delivering leaflets whilst still working and do nails evenings and weekends. I'm so glad I'm away from the bitchy office environment.

Good luck!!

sheer jealously at the fact you can do nails and she cannot- DO NOT let somone who knows bog all shatter your confidence- at least your nails wont smell like smelly fish (mma does on removal!)... OOH! people like that make me mad!!!!!

Thanks, i knew i could rely on you lot to make me feel better! I am sure you are right and she is just peed off cos i can do my own and she cant! lol. It annoys me though cos I know if it was the other way round I would say they looked good rather than hurt her feelings, even if i really thought 'oh my god :eek: ' lol

I would love to just jack it all in and go mobile but i really dont feel ready yet and i know i would probably just be sitting indoors all day with no customers. I cant afford to lose the little money i do earn at the moment so i plan to just concentrate on eves and weekends for now until i build up a client base big enough that i can just do nails. I would love to get really good and maybe win some sort of competition and go and wave the certificate under her nose, then when she begs me to do hers tell her where to go!! lol

.............we can all dream....x

Just ask her did she have to practice hard at being such a bitch or does it just come natural? Take no notice of her nasty comments!!! Its just jealousy. Have you any nail mags with articles about MMA, if you do just take them into work and get her to read them. Not saying that what they are using on her is MMA but it might just get her thinkin about her rock hard nails. Heather

Sherrie, take your products into work, lay them out on her desk and say 'Go on then, show me how it's done'! I freaking hate people like that who go out of their way to make people who can do something better than them feel bad. Me being me (and a bit on the 'don't mess with me' side) I would have shut her up by now by being totally blunt, it's not always the best way to handle things but it stops people thinking they can walk all over you. Send her my way babe, I'll sort her out! J xx

ok jo...you're on!! lol
Im not normally the backwards in coming forwards type, i just dont need the constant picking and bitching (maybe she doesnt realise shes doing it?) good job i only have to work with her 2 days a week!

just remember YOU DONT NEED HER!!!!!!!!!!!!! when you have got all you practise and confidence that you need, you will gain that client base you deserve and when her poxie little nail salon has fizzled away and can no longer do nails and she comes begging for you to do them, you can be very polite and nice andapologies that you are to busy! and tell her way to go!!!!!!

she is just another one of those sad little people who are not happy with themselves so has to pick at other

YOU ARE BETTER THAN HER!!!!! Remember that!

Aspirations said:
I feel like going to the chinese place and getting mine done just to see if she still finds fault in them!! lol.

NO!!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!! Don't stoop to her level. You don't want to ruin your nails just to spite her. Keep doing yours ...I bet they look fab... don't let her grind you down. OOOOOH! people like her make me so mad.

Can I have the leftovers after Jo Jo has finished!! LOL!!

You will be fine just keep your chin up and let us know how it goes :D

LOL I wouldn't even bother trying to replying to her comments, she sounds a little on the down on everything side sort of person...............

Shrug your shoulders , smile sweetley and just say...............I so understand where you comming from lol.........then as a passing remark say to her, "oh did you know your eponychium is showing"......and your apex is a bit off mark but never mind I am sure they will sort this for you at your Salon lol.................

lol, thanks for all the replies. Ruth i saw your nails at Excel and they were fantastic! all i hope is that one day mine are as good as yours - now wouldnt that P her off? LMAO.
I will let you know if anything else gets said on Friday - her next day in x

AS they say revenge is a dish best served cold lol............
Thebest revenge you could ever have is, the best education, the best training and then producing the best kick ass nails in your Town ....
Now that will sort her out no probs babe xxxx

Hi,

I'm new to this (got my O.P.I. exam on Sunday) but like Heather said I'd ask her too does she work hard to at being a bitch or does it come with practise. You will probably shock her as she knows she's getting away with her comments, or tell her a well known saying "if you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all" don't let her take your confidence as she sounds like she knows what she's doing, and believe in yourself and the talent you've so obviously got!!
hope all go's well in work for you

Lin

Hi, I agree with Ruth and the best revenge you can have is too keep doing your own nails, you will only get better and the better they keep getting the more envious she will feel as I think it is just jealousy, she is jealous that you can do your own nails. I know how you feel I work full time and work evenings and weekends on clients and dont get enough time as want to practice on my nails but we will get there, at the same time I am also finishing my NVQ in beauty therapy so not all my clients are for nails. Ignore her bitchy comments it will annoy her more if she thinks she is not getting to you. Good luck at work, you won't be there forever.:)

I agree that it's a good idea to give her a hand-out about MMA and NSS's. I bet her mouth would fall open! Other than that, maybe you should let her know that you're tired of all the negative comments, and that they are quite annoying. That should make her feel stupid. Then from there, let it be hi's and bye's, and work related conversations until she's ready to grow up. Keep us posted!

Poor you Sherrie - she sounds a total cow - funny how there is always ONE in the office huh and looks like you work right next to her. I really think that she is playing on your insecurites and once you start feeling a whole lot better about your work, your confidence will soon be able to deflect her sniping quite easily and effectively. Let her carry on and you just switch off and have it go straight over your head because she is building up a nice little portfolio of great reasons why you will never do her nails for her EVER!

Nailsinlondon1 said:
LOL I wouldn't even bother trying to replying to her comments, she sounds a little on the down on everything side sort of person...............

Shrug your shoulders , smile sweetley and just say...............I so understand where you comming from lol.........then as a passing remark say to her, "oh did you know your eponychium is showing"......and your apex is a bit off mark but never mind I am sure they will sort this for you at your Salon lol.................
Abso-bloody-lutely - and if she syas 'what do you mean' - you can say 'I'm sorry, I thought you knew everything there was to know about nails; I am sure your technician will explain - excuse me now, I have so many things to do - oh yes, including Madonna's nails next week!!!' - that should shuddupa-her-face for sure!!! :)

Latest posts

Back