Glam Lash in a Flash confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkthistle

Reaction score
One of my girls just completed the "training" well it seems a morning of chit chat followed by a rush through practical :confused: half day i paid for was 11 until 1.30 ish.

Anyway, I'm a bit confused by the feedback and wonder if I'm alone...

Supposedly training for trained technicians only, with previous lash training, some on the class were new to any lashes. They also have an offer on groupon this week for training, doesn't mention previous experience?
Trained to do the lashes with eyes open...every photo and video shows them performing them with eyes shut.
Client must return for removal or lashes will fall out :eek:

Don't get me wrong, my girl says the technique shown is good etc, but out of the clients booked in today none could keep their eyes open and had our other lashes instead.

Hi I've done lash in a flash training at the beginning of the year. We were taught to do it with eyes closed and pads or tape on bottom lashes just the same as you would with normal eyelash extensions.
Don't understand why it would have changed to eyes open as you are using the same glue as you would on semi permanents
X

It's really unfair and sounds like cheating :rolleyes:
The course should be at least 1day long.

I'm a qualified eyelash extension trainer and all trainings I do take about 8 hours usually. There's Part 1 that's rather theoretical and Part 2 that is as practical as possible.
Basically my learners need to do 1-2 treatments (depending on their experience and skills) from the beginning to the end. I help them do it properly but do not do treatments for them. Just assist them and give advice, solve problems when they get stuck etc.
I think they're fully trained when can answer all my theoretical questions as well as do whole treatment with no help.

:wink2:

Thanks, I would have thought eyes shut was a given and why supply tape in the kit otherwise? Think I'll contact them on Monday for clarification.

I trained in lash in a flash training last year, it was def done with eyes closed and she told us repeatedly it must be done this way.
With eyes taped or pads put on.
The technique is great I really like it and it's so quick once you do a few sets.
I since have trained with lash perfect for semi permanent lashes. I was new to lashes when I done the glam lash in a flash, only lash experience I had was tinting etc from college

I did the Glam lash in a flash course and I was already qualified in SP lashes.

I was gobsmacked to see it advertised on Groupon this week and feel it really cheapens the service that I offer.

Eyes shut or open depends on the glue being used.

If they are being taught eyes open technique I would assume they are using the cluster lash glue which is different and it probably could be taught in a few hours.

If they are using SP glue, the client couldn't possible keep eyes open throughout treatment

Last edited:
Lash Perfect use the eyes open technique and use their odour free sp glue.

Yes, she was told odourless glue so maybe it's changed recently... I'm not impressed by what turned out to be less than 45 mins of practice especially after paying way more than the £69 advertised this week on Groupon! Tempted to book that just to see what it includes?!

I'm guessing the Groupon offer course will be the same as normal-price training - it's the luck of the draw as to when you book I think ( I had a couple of peeved clients when I did an offer , they'd had full price treatments a couple of weeks before the offer went live and weren't best pleased ! Bit of a minefield! )

Did you manage to ring to clarify the eyes open/ eyes closed thing? A girl I work with did the lash in a flash course in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago and it was definitely eyes closed when she did it .

I did the training today, and it's eyes closed tape on bottom lashes. I felt it was a little rushed and still have a few questions but nothing I can't find out on here, but I paid for the course so expect to get as much as possible :/ but it was groupon, but nvm xx

I did the groupon deal... It was ok I suppose if you have any kind of background knowledge ... There was NO real coverage of contraindications or eye disorders other than read a record card. The class was mixed, some had previous lash experience some none but it actually lasted longer than the full price class?!

LashInFlashDemo.wmv - YouTube

hi i was very interested in doing the course so wanted to check it out. so i'm finding yr discussion very interesting. i trained in (sle) 3-4 yrs ago but i'm always looking for something new! any how i found this little demo on you tube hope the link works. xx

Was it chit chat or theory and A&P? Sometimes this can be boring and seen as non essential but of course it is really essential to any course. I do agree that a half day is not enough time to cover everything needed but unfortunately we are seeing more and more of these 'too short' courses being offered :wink2:

Latest posts

Back