Glamour basement? London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I shall take

Nail Files
Cuticle remover/pusher
Cuticle oil
Pastel colour polishes
Buffer
Gem stones
Hand cream

Anything I'm missing?

Just about every post is advising you against this company!?

Hand Sanitiser ;)

Agree with Mum...

All points to a BIG/scam no :sad: but hey ho

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!

Can I ask what happened in the end with this?

The person/people behind this are very dodgy indeed. My partner has recently been scammed for a few hundred quid by them.

Basically, they have set up lots of websites (very amateur looking) selling very cheap dresses. The dresses never arrive and the next thing you know they are using your card details.

Some of the websites are:

http://www.angelfire.com/luxelondon/d36.html
http://www.angelfire.com/luxelounge/testimonials.html
http://www.angelfire.com/dstylelounge/prices.html

I have found lots of other ones too. You will see a similar style throughout them all.

So I would be interested in knowing if Glamour Basement was all a scam too?

Well I did go, and I did pretty much work for free.
It was very unorganised i didn't even know the woman's name who was organising it...
I gave 2 women mini manicures (most had left by the time i had finished) and was then told id be called on monday (didnt happen)

Ah well you have to learn from these things i suppose

Well I did go, and I did pretty much work for free.
It was very unorganised i didn't even know the woman's name who was organising it...
I gave 2 women mini manicures (most had left by the time i had finished) and was then told id be called on monday (didnt happen)

Ah well you have to learn from these things i suppose
Im not being funny but you were advised to not go, but I guess now you have sadly learnt from it.:hug:
It makes me so angry that there are these sort of people getting away with this sort of thing.
next time steer well clear, and at least this is a warning for others out there who see's this sort of advert.
You know the old saying.. If it's too good to be true it probably is.
Sorry that you have learnt the hard way hunni
xxxx

Im not being funny but you were advised to not go, but I guess now you have sadly learnt from it.:hug:
It makes me so angry that there are these sort of people getting away with this sort of thing.
next time steer well clear, and at least this is a warning for others out there who see's this sort of advert.
You know the old saying.. If it's too good to be true it probably is.
Sorry that you have learnt the hard way hunni
xxxx

Too true

You were warned that it might be a scam and I'm glad that although you went you must have had it in the back of your mind that nothing would come of it. I hope you didn't spend too much as you have wasted hours of your time.

At least you now know for sure and won't be wondering what if... and you are aware if anything else 'good' pops up :D

Well it looks like Glamour Basement is another of their scams.

They are advertising all over Groupon and lots of other similar voucher websites. I can't believe they are getting away with it.

I have given all of the information I have to police, even down to personal Facebook accounts of those I believe are involved. They haven't been too clever at covering their tracks.

Hopefully they will be caught up with sooner or later.

Well I was on gumtree this morning and I saw this ad and thought yeah right!... def something wrong here... I applied and of course they called me right back... yep you work away for free in a bar or a club and then Bam! never hear from them again... be careful techs
Also there are some amazing jobs out there at the moment if you are looking for something new...I know I am:D

This post is absolutely hilarious! OP, was you for real??? EVERY SINGLE person advised against it and you say "shall I take my polishes?" this has absolutely cracked me up!!

*were you for real. NOT "was".

Just about every post is advising you against this company!?

This post is absolutely hilarious! OP, was you for real??? EVERY SINGLE person advised against it and you say "shall I take my polishes?" this has absolutely cracked me up!!

I thought the exact same thing.
Why would you ask for advice, then completely ignore it anyway?! lol.

Iv just read all this an completely agree! Nuts! It was so obvious wat was going to happen. The OP comes on here asking for opinions and then goes completely against them (which is her choice) but probably knew deep down what was going to happen.
Hope they get caught! :agh:

Guys please avoid!!!
They put an ad out for a make up artist and asked me to come down for a free trial. I negotiated that they would pay me for the trial as I was not going to do it for free. After the trial they put another ad out for the following week. When I contacted them they told me they were trialing someone else...alarm bells rang. I contacted them again to find out the outcome of the trial and never heard from them again. Seems that they are pulling this scam to get people to work for free while they fulfil their groupon ads. This company are dishonest and undesirable.
If anyone else has had any dealings with them please reply.

Latest posts

Back