Glitter addicts are us

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What system have you used them with? Xxx

Acrylic, I was going to.use gel but decided it would be too fiddley on my own hands with this method of blending xx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

I'll have a look later hun but most of mine are from eBay , I bought like 6 packs of 100 pots of clutter for like £20 each or cheaper xx

I always read this forum and never post, but this is something I can't resist to comment on!
I had a glitter delivery this morning:

neclqh.jpg
2iqnnp.jpg

I'm so excited to use them on my clients!
These golds are my favourite ♥♥

30szs6o.jpg

(Sorry about the size of the images, I don't know how to change it :sad:)

I always read this forum and never post, but this is something I can't resist to comment on!

neclqh.jpg
2iqnnp.jpg

30szs6o.jpg

How did you take such a good pic of the glitter? I use my iPhone & it really doesn't do the glitter justice! x

I took them with my iPhone too, it takes a few attempts though! I had to wiggle the nails so they sparkled and just kept taking pictures until they looked nice :) Also if you tap the screen on the glitter it focuses on it and blurs out the background

You've certainly been busy - they look great!

Thanks for the tip on the iPhone photography by the way, definitely going to try that one next time :)

neclqh.jpg
2iqnnp.jpg

30szs6o.jpg

Wow lovely :) what glitters are these? X

Hi,
i am a glitter virgin, but have a large selection of glitters..... a new client asked me the other day if i could do glitter, i explained i was new to glitters and would have a practice and see how they went, she was very underdstanding and her appointment is next thursday evening.... can someone help me, i have looked on you tube, but the tutorials arent very clear :( she was asking about 2 glitters fading into each other, as in one starting from one end and the other colour sarting from other end and blending in the middle?? can someone give me some pointers please??
Thank you :)

My glittery toes...

To do glitter graduated rockstars my way, you do your gel/shellac base, then colour to contrast your glitter, below I used pink then cure, then add glitter to the sticky layer I put silver at the top and pink in the middle and then I use a baby toothbrush as very soft and brushed from the top to bottom so they mix together and smooth down, the more you brush the smoother the glitter goes and changes the look, hope that makes sence, then I coat with zillionaire shellac, some use top coat , cure then I top coat, cure and then wipe, viola

To do a mix that will show the colours better then use white or a natural/neutral colour, I wanted to be making pink as t matches my shoes and look :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 335
so baby brush is the way forward! :) will buy one and give it a go :) Thank you
i understand some mix glitter with top coat or zillionaire etc.... what would that be for?? just to cover the whole toe with the same colour glitter??

I never mix with a topcoat..

Just add the glitter to the sticky layer, smooth down and then do a coat of either zillionaire or topcoat, cure then topcoat if you did zillinaire or if you want smoother then do another topcoat if you did topcoat instead, I do zillionaire asi use it rarely so 1 layer to seal then 1 topcoat works out better.

But some do cure and 1 or 2 topcoats, just personal choice :)

I love using a soft toothbrush, it wipes of all the excess glitter away and gets it out of the sidewalls and free edges, leaves it nice and smooth and then once I've finished I give it a good brush off and nice and clean again. Plus it's fab to store in a little toothbrush carrier so nice and safe in your bag.

so baby brush is the way forward! :) will buy one and give it a go :) Thank you
i understand some mix glitter with top coat or zillionaire etc.... what would that be for?? just to cover the whole toe with the same colour glitter??

You'd do this if you were doing a design like a line under the smile line on a French or wanted to accent bits of a design like petals on a flower or dots but it would need a 2 min cure before adfi.g any more colours or top coating. For full coverage of a nail just applying glitter straight in to inhibition layer is the way to go.

Check out fingernailfixer in you tube she has some fab videos for rockstars, fades etc its probably the v3 video you want though xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

I was just looking for info on how everyone does this as I am a newbie and haven't tried it yet but will be tonight.
What is the process you use for doing the different colour line under the smile?

You'd do this if you were doing a design like a line under the smile line on a French or wanted to accent bits of a design like petals on a flower or dots but it would need a 2 min cure before adfi.g any more colours or top coating. For full coverage of a nail just applying glitter straight in to inhibition layer is the way to go.

Check out fingernailfixer in you tube she has some fab videos for rockstars, fades etc its probably the v3 video you want though xx

I was just looking for info on how everyone does this as I am a newbie and haven't tried it yet but will be tonight.
What is the process you use for doing the different colour line under the smile?

A glitter line? Add abit of glitter into a blob of top coat then paint on with a small brush and cure. You could do the same with a colour, pick the colour you want to use then just apply with a brush then cure xx

So my new glitters arrived in the post today - I think I may have gone a little overboard lol! :o Can't wait to start experimenting :)

Attachments

• P1010239.jpg
    P1010239.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 394
Had a play
Sculpted almond shape nails with Shellac, acrylic paint, foils, chain, studs and gold glitter polish on glitter nail (apparently, I don't own any gold glitter, the horror)
156398_520974497954714_1082857495_n.jpg

So my new glitters arrived in the post today - I think I may have gone a little overboard lol! :o Can't wait to start experimenting :)

Overboard…you just got a good start! Now it's on to neon, holos and Iridescent!

You can never be too rich, too thin or have enough shiny things! Lol

Jealous!!! Where are these from if u don't mind me asking xx

Latest posts

Back