Glitter addicts are us

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oohhh I've got the white holo. Is the darkest pink the holo one too?

xxx

Yes it's the darkest pink holographic glitter, it's a bit chunkier than the white but goes on the nail lovely :) xx

Hey geeks all your glitters look amaze!! I am trying this later on myself (excited) could you give me some advice on how i'd achieve this look with opi gelcolor x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352477184.884199.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352477184.884199.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 807
Loving all of your work geeks, I've only recently delved back into the world of nails and started to work with glitter, hopefully I'll be producing work like you all soon!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352477924.145542.jpg

I'm in love lol

Where are the glitters on first ring on the left from? Some gorgeous colours there

xxx

Sorry I haven't replied yet, I've been chocka!
I'll give you a list tonight when I've had chance to sit down and go through them x

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Geeks!

I need your help!

I want something for Christmas and I dont know that it exists!

I do a tonne of Rockstar nails and for Christmas would love to be able to add stars or hearts or snowflakes into them and all of the sequin/glitter shapes I see like this seem to be too big to work with.

Have any of you got any idea if there are ones that are small enough to allow you to work easily with them? Putting them over or into Rockstars etc?

My name is Zooks and I am addicted to glitter. I have not already just ordered another 15 from Nailitz, nope, wasnt me.

Ok, from the left:
The first 2 are from the young nails heavenly collection. Heavenly - Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK
Next 2 are from nail graphix; coral reef and Peaches & Cream. Nail Graphix!, The Sparkliest Nail glitters
Then its a neon pink glitter from vivalanails Professional Supplies for Nail Technicians | Nail Art Products
Next is signature pink from nail graphix
Then another neon hot pink glitter from vivalanails
Then pink panther from nail graphix
Then Purple pizzaz from nail graphix
and lastly the two blues are also from the neon collection from vivalanails

Geeks!

I need your help!

I do a tonne of Rockstar nails and for Christmas would love to be able to add stars or hearts or snowflakes into them and all of the sequin/glitter shapes I see like this seem to be too big to work with.

Have any of you got any idea if there are ones that are small enough to allow you to work easily with them? Putting them over or into Rockstars etc?

My name is Zooks and I am addicted to glitter. I have not already just ordered another 15 from Nailitz, nope, wasnt me.

Is it something like this you are trying to do?

Attachments

• hearts & stars rainbow(c).jpg
    hearts & stars rainbow(c).jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 842
Ok, from the left:
The first 2 are from the young nails heavenly collection. Heavenly - Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK
Next 2 are from nail graphix; coral reef and Peaches & Cream. Nail Graphix!, The Sparkliest Nail glitters
Then its a neon pink glitter from vivalanails Professional Supplies for Nail Technicians | Nail Art Products
Next is signature pink from nail graphix
Then another neon hot pink glitter from vivalanails
Then pink panther from nail graphix
Then Purple pizzaz from nail graphix
and lastly the two blues are also from the neon collection from vivalanails

Thank you! I can feel a glitter splurge coming on, :-/ just hope the OH doesn't find out. Been told off several times about the amount of glitter I own.

xxx

Is it something like this you are trying to do?

Ooh they are fantastic but I am actually thinking glitter/sequins in the shape of stars rather than prints?

Does that me any sense?

Thankyou for your reply :)

Ooh they are fantastic but I am actually thinking glitter/sequins in the shape of stars rather than prints?

Does that me any sense?

Thankyou for your reply :)

The stars and hearts are glitter shapes, not prints. They are holographic black. I also have them in different colours.

I 1st do my glitter fade (using a slightly wet ratio), I then pick up random glitter shapes with my brush and push into the wet acrylic. Some of the larger shapes can be fiddly as they like to stay flat.
I then cap the whole design in clear.
I'm not sure you would be able to create this using a gel polish system, but you can use uv gel.

The orange is from young nails, and the pink is from the glitter tattoo company.

HTH x

Geeks!

I need your help!

Maybe once you've cured your rockstars you could dab some clear base or topcoat Onto your stars etc then position them onto the rockstars, cure, then top coat, cure, cleanse?
I use stars at Christmas but always cap them with clear gel

Just had a play with one of my new glitters.. Can't decide If I love it or hate it! What do you think??

Love this nice summery colour id say or with a nice peach dress
X
Magri-jade x

Thankyou Ladies:

I think I know how I would do them, I just cant find the stars!

Noticeable nails: Thats awesome, where are these from?

:)

I'm in Australia and got mine from a craft/sewing store. It's premixed in with finer glitter but I just pull the stars out.

I got mine from ProImpressions. There are also lots on eBay if you search for spangles.

Geeks do any of you use Nail Artists for your nail art supplies? Their range of glitters is amazing and their acrylic powders come in so many lovely colours. They also do brilliant coloured hard gels, the gold and silver is so dense- I'm bankrupt ordering from them lol!
Here's a picture of a couple of my recent purchases ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352573856.581058.jpg

Geeks do any of you use Nail Artists for your nail art supplies? Their range of glitters is amazing and their acrylic powders come in so many lovely colours. They also do brilliant coloured hard gels, the gold and silver is so dense- I'm bankrupt ordering from them lol!
Here's a picture of a couple of my recent purchases View attachment 23066

What's their website address?

xxx

What's their website address?

xxx

It's www.nail-artists.com it's a German site but if you click on the flag for your preferred language it translates. I don't order from the website as my nail tutor has recently become the Northern Irish distributor, but I'm sure if you contacted them they could tell you the closest distributor for you 😃 x

Latest posts

Back