Glitter addicts are us

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is 2 purple glitters from the Martha Stewart glitters ❤
View attachment 22691

Love this how do you get that perfect fade? X[/QUOTE]

Thank you :)
I put my first layer of gel down sprinkle first colour I usually do lightest first, leave a tiny gap between colours & simply tease them together so the colours almost blend together. Hope that makes sense :)

My early Xmas nails, before I did the designs on top! Red ones are Hollywood and ruby ritz, white is cream puff, white stargazer glitter and silver VIP ( as an extra coat before topcoat so they're smooth)...love them!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352360317.103865.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352360317.103865.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 1,284
Oohhh these are gorgeous. What glitters did you use?

xxx

Thank you they are both irresistible glitters from sweet squared... I think it's darkest pink and white :) xx

My early Xmas nails, before I did the designs on top! Red ones are Hollywood and ruby ritz, white is cream puff, white stargazer glitter and silver VIP ( as an extra coat before topcoat so they're smooth)...love them!

Beautiful xx

Hello everyone. I am thinking of delving into the world of glitter and wondered if you know what the best glitter is to start with? I do soak off gel, silk and have a Shellac course booked in a couple of weeks. Whats the best step to use the gel? Can I use the sticky layer of the gel to hold the glitter before applying top coat and curing? If I use normal polish with a manicure do I put it on the colour coat or top coat? Sorry for a millions questions but I want to get it right. I'm excited about trying it!! X

Hello everyone. I am thinking of delving into the world of glitter and wondered if you know what the best glitter is to start with? I do soak off gel, silk and have a Shellac course booked in a couple of weeks. Whats the best step to use the gel? Can I use the sticky layer of the gel to hold the glitter before applying top coat and curing? If I use normal polish with a manicure do I put it on the colour coat or top coat? Sorry for a millions questions but I want to get it right. I'm excited about trying it!! X

Everyone has different methods, just try it out and see what's best for you! Personally I put my glitter into my second coat of colour (Gelish), cure, then top coat, cure, top coat again. I've never used in on regular polish so can't comment. This video might help, Shellac Rockstar Toes V3 includes fingernails - YouTube - Fingernailfixer has some fab vids!

Love this how do you get that perfect fade? X

I put my first layer of gel down sprinkle first colour I usually do lightest first, leave a tiny gap between colours & simply tease them together so the colours almost blend together. Hope that makes sense :)[/QUOTE

I think so lol I usually make paste, so you do the nail in 3 sections? Top middle bottom? Sorry lol x

I love these x

I put my first layer of gel down sprinkle first colour I usually do lightest first, leave a tiny gap between colours & simply tease them together so the colours almost blend together. Hope that makes sense :)[/QUOTE

I think so lol I usually make paste, so you do the nail in 3 sections? Top middle bottom? Sorry lol x

Yes sort of!
I put my first colour at the cuticle & feather down towards the middle of the nail then add the second colour at the free edge & feather up to the middle. I then kind of pat my brush other the middle to create that fades look!
I use loose glitter not a paste but I suppose it's whatever is easier for you xx

Chunky glitter!! more reflective than nail wraps :)

Attachments

• 260145_154004854668851_5657324_n.jpg
    260145_154004854668851_5657324_n.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 770
image.jpg

CND Tutti Frutti Shellac with Irresistible Candy Pink Glitter, these are my holiday nails :D

Just some of my glitter collection!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 818
Thank you they are both irresistible glitters from sweet squared... I think it's darkest pink and white :) xx

Oohhh I've got the white holo. Is the darkest pink the holo one too?

xxx

Latest posts

Back