Glitter gel toes fell off.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigi

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone minded going through my application as I have had a client who keeps losing her glitter gel toes . She is the only one who has and i cant work out if i am doing something wrong .

prep

sanitise clients feet and my hands.
remove old nail varnish from toes with nail varnish remover, shape nail.
apply cuticle cream , push back cuticles and make sure there is no dead skin etc on nail plate.
buff nail with 180 file in the direction of the nail growth.
scrub with nail prep.
primer

gel application (using entity)

apply a thin layer of gel, sprinkle the glitter on. cure for 3 minutes.
apply second layer of gel cure for three minutes. make sure no bumps etc, buff any out.
apply top uv coat and cure for three minutes.
remove sticky top layer
cuticle oil.

she says she hasnt banged them, i can see no damage , they dont look picked off. I dont understand it. its always the same toes. second and third and fourth of her left foot.

what am i doing wrong?

tigi

Looking at your application, I can't really find anything wrong.

Are you rinsing the cuticle cream off after?

The only other thing I could think of is if it's always the same 2 toes, is she wearing really tight shoes that are causing a lot of pressure?

Application sounds fine. What I do with toes, after using cuticle remover I use a brush with soap and water to just get rid of the cuticle remover, make sure completely dry before you start your gel application.

He honey

As the girls have already said your application looks fine. The only thing I would say is when doing her nails again dont use the cuticle remover as this can still be on the nail plate.

As prev said you could scrub the nails with soap and water to remove an excess cuticle remover but make sure that the nails are dry before using your swipe and protine bond ( which ever products you use to dehydrate the nails and as a primer/bond)

I think its the cuticle cream...its leaving a barrier on the nail and preventing the gel from adhering.

You have to cure the first layer of gel with out the glitter on as the gel will not cure and adhere to the nail if the UV rays from the light cannot cure the base coat of gel-right? Then apply glitter on the gel sticky layer cure again 1 minute,dust off excess glitter and then apply another gel layer.what is happening is that the glitter is acting as a blocking agent keeping the base layer from completely curing----remember the light rays are the only thing that cures gel-it would be like putting a hat on them and expecting it to cure completely-right?My glitter toes stay on my toes until I file it off and I have abused them tons-when properly cured your gel toes should last for a long time!!!! of course you need to remove the cuticle cream but i don't think that is the problem in this case.Hope this helps.Whenever I am doing gel nail art I always put down the base gel coat plain for this specific reason-this is your adhesive layer to the nail plate.

Are her toes funny shapes? LOL What mean is, when she puts them in the lamp, are they lying nice and straight so they can be cured properly? If they were at a funny angle, the light may not be reaching them properly and so not letting them cure properly.

I wonder if the glitter you are using on this client is darker/thicker than that you use on other clients, so it is not allowing the light to penetrate fully, leading to undercuring?

There are a lot of great answers given already and my first thought was like Carmen's, perhaps her shoes may be the cause especially if it is always the same toes. I would have thought if it something to do with your prep then perhaps she would have problems with all her toes.

I think you have a process of elimination here, you'll have to get your Miss Marple hat on and try and rule out each thing. :lol::lol:

You have to cure the first layer of gel with out the glitter on as the gel will not cure and adhere to the nail if the UV rays from the light cannot cure the base coat of gel-right? Then apply glitter on the gel sticky layer cure again 1 minute,dust off excess glitter and then apply another gel layer.what is happening is that the glitter is acting as a blocking agent keeping the base layer from completely curing----remember the light rays are the only thing that cures gel-it would be like putting a hat on them and expecting it to cure completely-right?My glitter toes stay on my toes until I file it off and I have abused them tons-when properly cured your gel toes should last for a long time!!!! of course you need to remove the cuticle cream but i don't think that is the problem in this case.Hope this helps.Whenever I am doing gel nail art I always put down the base gel coat plain for this specific reason-this is your adhesive layer to the nail plate.

I also use this method of application and find it gives a good strong bond. The glitter application also seems easier using the inhibition layer rather than directly onto uncured gel as it is less bumpy and more even. Just make a note that if you're using a darker glitter it will need a longer cure for the topcoats - even though the topcoat is clear it still seems to cure as if it is a dark colour :)

Cheers,
Hazel

Latest posts

Back