Glitter sandwich, possible with Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinkleTips69

Reaction score
Intense+Shine.JPG

The glitter sandwich. Possibly my favourite nail polish look of all time....but alas....it doesn't last long at all :-(

So, could this be possible to create somehow using Shellac? As in...usual PEP, base coat, colour, glitter, colour, then topcoat?

Are there any darker 'jelly' semi-sheer shades in the Shellac range, or are the darks ALL opaque.

Here is a pic I have pinched from a polish addict blogger....I ADORE this look, reckon it's do-able with shellac?

swapsandwich_01_s-kylie.jpg

Any techs tried it? Can any CND super-geeks advise? Or suggest some yummy recipes to achieve this uber-scrummy nail look?!!

And also WHERE can I get loose glitter mixes like the ones OPI, Deborah Lippmann and Lynnderella use in their polishes??? I need it in my life!!!

Like this one for example:

TGCbottle15.jpg

Would love to hear your opinions and see pics of your chunky-glitter-sandwichy creations :)

I've done what you call a glitter sandwich a good few times with shellac, gold rockstar under iced cappuccino looks amazing and mixed glitter under one f the reds looks amazing (will check which red when can get to my salon room)

So in answer yes you can :)

This looks fantastic, how does it differ toa normal Rockstar app though?

:)

Normal rockstars are base, colour, glitter then top coat, with this it's base, colour, glitter, colour of choice and then topcoat.

Normal rockstars are base, colour, glitter then top coat, with this it's base, colour, glitter, colour of choice and then topcoat.

Ooh I'm liking this idea, will experiment and post some pics, I wonder which colours for over the top will work best! xxxx

I would think hot chillis or hotski might work well as they are semi transparent though not tried this. I think I will, it looks good. It looks like the glitter has to be bigger pieces rather than the dust too x

What's the first pic? Is it Lynnderella very pretty vampire? It's stunning! I was wondering this too. I have tons of Lynn's and chunky glitters, wondering if there's a way I could use them and get them to last longer. Can't imagine layering a normal polish with shellac would cure properly.

I have done something similar with my mani q. I mixed my ow. Colour. Red and black together and added red glitter to it after 3 thin coats I got that look it was lovely!!

this is how I would do it ,

shellac color & light rock star (not full coverage)

then a layer of top coat or something sheer like MOP, VIPS ,neg or clearly pink

then clense ,

then you could lightly buff ,
paint over with a water color paint ,

top coat ,
(you could top coat in a normal top coat and if client wants to they can remove it for the other look .

this to me just looks like custom mixed glitter rockstars, i have different size glitters and clients choose what they want andi mix them in a small pot and apply the same way i do rockstars applying as little or more glitter depending on the look the clients want xx

Here you go colour the 3 lots of glitter sandwiched between another colour then top coat

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359896835.959521.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359896835.959521.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 611
One coat of Masquerade under and over any glitter makes a gorgeous sandwich!

I've been playing around with gelish and glitter sandwich. Not 100% happy with them but not sure where to improve?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360692532.726852.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360692532.726852.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 317

Latest posts

Back