Glittery Pink Powder??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can recommend either a powder or a mixture of powders to get a nice pink to use as a coloured tip (zone 1). I have been asked for a 'GLITTERY BABY PINK' and a 'GLITTERY DARK PINK' by a couple of my customers.

I use Creative products. Wondered if the flawless pink, mixed with some pink glitter would create a nice sparkly baby pink powder for Zone1????

Hope someone has a 'recipe' out there for me to try.

Thanks in advance :D :D :D

Jenny - Nails x x x

Why not try perfect white powder mixed with a touch of the red from mosaic collection....add a bit of glitter.

Hope this helps

Jenny-Nails said:
Just wondering if anyone can recommend either a powder or a mixture of powders to get a nice pink to use as a coloured tip (zone 1). I have been asked for a 'GLITTERY BABY PINK' and a 'GLITTERY DARK PINK' by a couple of my customers.

I use Creative products. Wondered if the flawless pink, mixed with some pink glitter would create a nice sparkly baby pink powder for Zone1????

Hope someone has a 'recipe' out there for me to try.

Thanks in advance :D :D :D

Jenny - Nails x x x
Here is a nice mix.........
3 parts flawless pink to 1 part twilight metro............
3 parts flawless pink to 2 parts twilight metro.......... for a lighter mix

looks wicked !!!!

Hi

I did a pink glittery set on my friend today, I used spanish tile powder from the mosiac collection, with white powder, twilight powder, a tiny bit of clear powder & lots of glitter ! I'm not sure of the ratio I used ! I started with the spanish tile and added the others to it until I got the desired colour.

Sassy xx

Why don't you try the Boogie Nights Collection from E-Z Flow. They have alot of glitters to chose from. E-Z Flow also has a Walk of Fame collection that has 15 glittered arcylics but they are more vibrant colors. They have a pink called Mel-Rose which i think your clients will like. You don't have to mix anything although you do have to cap it with either ultra plush pink powder or clear powder. I personally use Creative products as well and I prefer using ultra plush pink powder for all my nails. By the way Creative and E-Z Flow are very compatable so don't worry if you use liquid from one and powder from another. Hope this helps.

Nidia

sorry to but in here folks, but from the posts i am reading it sounds like you can add any glitter to acrylic powder is this right? 'cause i am going to have to have a go!

Beck

ez flow have 2 boogie nights kits which are both as glittery as the other it depends on what colours you want.
it takes the guess work out of mix ratio,s
one thing though i would not recommend mixing one companies powder with an other companies liquid.
if you buy the boogie nights from ezflow they come with a small bottle of monomer.

You may like to try using a pink monomer, Grafton do a nice one in the Odyssey range, with white powder mixed with glitter, results are lovely!

Tracey

paula said:
Why not try perfect white powder mixed with a touch of the red from mosaic collection....add a bit of glitter.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your replies guys, I mixed perfect white with spanish tile, then threw some gittery Twilgiht powder in and hey presto!!! After reading some of the other threads, think I'm gonna have a look at some of the glitters in the Craft Shop near me too!

Thanks again :D :D :D

Jenny - Nails x x x

joannerowsell said:
ez flow have 2 boogie nights kits which are both as glittery as the other it depends on what colours you want.
one thing though i would not recommend mixing one companies powder with an other companies liquid.
if you buy the boogie nights from ezflow they come with a small bottle of monomer.

Joanne sawasdee ka

Ezflow do speak that the color powders can be use with any other liquid we do all the time .

In the kits most kits have 2 oz of liquid but 1 we buy have 4 oz of liquid .

The ezflow rainbow kit is very beautifull and the pastel collection have many soft colors for flowers .

We use this powders with different company liquids and no problem .

Mui from Thailand

joannerowsell said:

I went to a class when the first Boogie Nights collection came out and the E-Z Flow educator told me that Creative and E-Z Flow were very compatable. I have been using the E-Z Flow Boogie Nights collection with Creative Solar Nail Liquid with no problem for the past 3 years.

i was only going by what has been said on here by sam about mixing other products powder with anothers liquid.
sorry if i mis-interpreted the info

joannerowsell said:
i was only going by what has been said on here by sam about mixing other products powder with anothers liquid.
sorry if i mis-interpreted the info
No Hun you are right,
for complete product reliability never mix and match................
Each powder is designed to go with it's own liquid............
It has been developed with this in mind............
So for my own peace of mind, I don't mix and match,because if there is product breakdown it would be my own fault and not the manufacturers....
JMHO

thank you ruth
i remember a post where yourself and sam where saying not to mix products
thought i was going mad there for a minute
cheers

Nailsinlondon1 said:
No Hun you are right,
for complete product reliability never mix and match................
Each powder is designed to go with it's own liquid............
It has been developed with this in mind............
So for my own peace of mind, I don't mix and match,because if there is product breakdown it would be my own fault and not the manufacturers....
JMHO
Ruth sawasdee ka ]

I know you speak everything very straight but creative speak do not mix there powders with other liquids but ezflow do speak there color powders can be used with all ema liquids .

Mui frm Thailand

mui said:
Ruth sawasdee ka ]

I know you speak everything very straight but creative speak do not mix there powders with other liquids but ezflow do speak there color powders can be used with all ema liquids .

Mui frm Thailand

Sawasdee ka

This post should speak ezflow glitter powders .

Mui from Thailand

mui said:
Sawasdee ka

This post should speak ezflow glitter powders .

Mui from Thailand
Hi Mui,

I still would not use creative liquid with ezflow powders............
Because if there is a problem then how do you know, what caused it???

Because products have been mixed you still cant guarantee the 100% success, that you could expect to get if you use the recommended powder with the recommended Liquid.......

It is just something I personaly would not do, I know EzFlow say you can use their powders with any EMA liquid.........but the best and most 100% result is if you use the same powder make with the recommended Monomer make..........
I use Ezflow powders, glitters and gemstone and pastels too ,but use Q monomer, because I get a brill result..

To me that would be like wearing odd shoes............one sandal and one boot..... it would serve the purpose of covering my feet, but wouldn't look good, might make me walk funny too........
Just my thoughts

But ask Antony he is the expert on EZflow........
So Antony over to you babe xxx

Like Ruth, When using EZ-Flow powders i stick with their Q monomer.
I wouldnt like to tempt fate by mixing products.

ok, well lets see.

both mui and ruth are ,infact, right.

the boogie nights and the design design sculpture collections can be used with any traditional monomer - we dont recommend odourless or uv monomer to be used. extensive testing and development went into these powders to ensure that they would work well with other monomer brands and have been used this way in a salon enviroment for over 7 years now without a problem.

the reason the powders were developed this way was to give the technician a choice. obviously you will get the best results using Qmonomer as every acrylic line is devised to be used as a system, but no poblems should arise if you choose to use another monomer.

now, ruth makes a very good point,you do indeed get a bottle of qmonomer in each of our glitter and design kits, allowing you to use our monomer with our powders. if you are an NSI tech for example, you could lay down a very thin layer of nsi l&p before you do your design or glitter work with ezflow l&p nd then cap with your nsi l&p again. this way you have been able to perform a design service with switching monomer.

hope this wasnt too confusing an explination,

antony

Well explained Antony..........
Nice one xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back