Good Riddance 2009

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie23

Reaction score
So how many Geeks are happy to see the back of 2009? Apparently a lot of people this year have been having Good Riddance parties, its been a bad year for lots of people with the recession and what not.

So what exciting plans have you got in store for 2010?

For me:

Goes without saying The S2 Event and get back on track with my Masters

Continue with my Millinery course, starting a Experimental Textiles and a dress making class. I have a sewing machine so I want to make full use of this. I also intend to make my attic (my former bedroom) into a work room for all my various crafty style projects, would love to have a dark room in the cellar, brother who lives in Scotland said he would come down and build me one.

Same brother said he'll spend 2 weeks in summer helping me redecorate downstairs. I intend to make all my own furnishings, I'm a bit of a fan of Kirstie Allsopp's Home Made Home.

Make more time for friends. I have always put family first, now I need to concentrate on my fab mates. Not to mention some special new friends I have made recently though Salon Geek, looking forward to our meeting.

Get dogs used to a very good local kennels so that when I leave them I know that they are happy, safe and content as possible

So you fine Geeks whats in store for you?

anne xx

Last edited:
Happy New Year Annie, nothing bad happened to me this year, but still glad to see the back of it lol

I have a Hot Stone course planned in February, and lots of leafletting to do as well

Happy New Year to you too!! Sunds like you've got busy year ahead!!
I am concentrating on my move to a new salon! More courses to complete, more time for me and friends/family/life.
x

Happy new year anne and all geeks.

Im so glad to see the back of 2009. Spent the evening on my own it was awful thinking about all the bad of the last year. I cant remember anything good about 2009.

so heres to 2010, nothing to look forward to yet but it cant be any worse than last year.

xx

Happy new year anne and all geeks.

Im so glad to see the back of 2009. Spent the evening on my own it was awful thinking about all the bad of the last year. I cant remember anything good about 2009.

so heres to 2010, nothing to look forward to yet but it cant be any worse than last year.

xx

Kelly, if it makes you feel any better I spent last night on my own with my beautiful dogs. I fell asleep at around 10pm but Sam who is terrified of fireworks woke me up even though I gave him 2 zylkene tablets to calm his nerves. So I spent the New year comforting a scared dog :eek:

anne xx

Happy new year! I too spent new year with a terrified dog. Sounded like Armageddon in Chislehurst last night. Am very glad to see the back of 2009, Just a bit of trepidation about 2010

Happy new year! I too spent new year with a terrified dog. Sounded like Armageddon in Chislehurst last night. Am very glad to see the back of 2009, Just a bit of trepidation about 2010

Try the zylkene tablets, you get them from the vets. Instead of his usual pacing of the room he just sat next to me allowing me to cuddle him, but his eyes were huge bless! They are a herbal tablet.

anne xx

will ask next time I'm at the vets. we had him in bed with us with the telly up loud. We hear the thames fireworks here too. so it really did sound like world war three had kicked off. Funny enough the persians are not remotely bothered, they slept through it (all 4 of them in bed too, it was a chilly night) They only woke up when he was jumping around barking.
I am amazed that there are that many people with money to burn to be honest.

mm im ready to start 2010 ...its great at first doing no work for a couple of days but have reached the ZZZZzzzzzzzzz this is getting boring stage and really want to kick start 2010 ASAP.

Hoping all peeps have a terrific 2010 and wish you all the very best of success :hug:

Snap with the terrified dog.

I had to sit with him tucked under my arm and my hand over his eyes and ears.

Not good :(

Snap with the terrified dog.

I had to sit with him tucked under my arm and my hand over his eyes and ears.
Not good :(

poor baby :hug:

next year I'm going to Scotland for New Year so will be kennelling the dogs, where they are going is in middle of the country so hopefully the noise wont be as bad. Silly arn't I thinking about it already :eek:

anne xx

lol i too spent the evening with a dog (my ex) and my gorgeous little staffy who isnt scared of the fireworks just sits looking at them out the window. I have been waiting for 2009 to end since April :lol: so glad to see the back of it. I actually feel really fresh this morning and have had a productive day doing news letters etc. 2010 is gonna be my year! Ive decided.

x

seems to be a pattern, people staying in for their dogs :lol:

anne xx

Hoping to finally finish my many courses and get some hours in a salon for experience (it is just hard trying to find a salon that is employing rather than renting). I am excited tho about the possibly big year of change in my life

I am VERY glad to see the back of 2009.

I had to watch my Dad die and then live with the pain of living without him.

GOODBYE 2009............................ (I was in bed at 11pm last night listening to the fireworks)

All I want for 2010 is to be happy

I wish the same for all you lovely geeks too :hug:

Our dogs don't take any notice of fireworks at all ... but they are Spanish!! :lol: It wouldn't do to be scared of fireworks in Spain now would it?

Happy New Year all.

As the oldest geek on the site let me give you a few words of wisdom. :hug:

YOU are in charge of making your own happiness ... happiness does not come with a new year unless you make it happen by having a plan of what you want to achieve, believing you WILL achieve it and then making the right decisions and work to help it all come about. Think about it and resolve every morning to do all you can to realize your dreams. Do these things and there is nothing you cannot do or have.

I read the blogs and I see so many making stupid impulse decisions that are not part of any plan but more like a desperate attempt to give a momentary satisfaction and then you're left wondering why it has all gone wrong ??? THINK and make the smart moves and decisions ... they may not pay off immediately but they will pay off in the end. :hug:

Happy New Year to all.

Well i am definetley ready to start a fresh this year, last year was 1 heart break after another and alot of unhappiness indeed, so this year i am very selfishly having a year all about me and doing everything i want to do as i have spent far to long bending over backwards for others and forgetting about myself which has resulted in me loosing out the most.

Soooo.....

January i am starting off with a personal trainer to get my body back, although i am not counting out having my jaw wired :lol:, i am also doing my CND l&p conversion which i am most excited about and i am also going to be introducing minx...Fab way to start the year i think!

February is my birthday my mum & dad are treating me to a week in New York as my last birthday was awful to say the least, then i have 10 days away with friends in the canary islands so very exciting stuff.

March i am doing my eyelash course which again is really exciting and business is really good for me at the moment so i am really pleased with the way things are looking and can't ask for much more than that so i am happy to see how the year pans out and having alot of ME time.

I hope everyone else has a fab year in store for them xx

YOU are in charge of making your own happiness ... happiness does not come with a new year unless you make it happen by having a plan of what you want to achieve, believing you WILL achieve it and then making the right decisions and work to help it all come about. Think about it and resolve every morning to do all you can to realize your dreams. Do these things and there is nothing you cannot do or have.

I read the blogs and I see so many making stupid impulse decisions that are not part of any plan but more like a desperate attempt to give a momentary satisfaction and then you're left wondering why it has all gone wrong ??? THINK and make the smart moves and decisions ... they may not pay off immediately but they will pay off in the end. :hug:

Very true. I am a great believer in making your own luck. :)

I am looking forward to 2010. We had a great, very busy 2009 as a family. Some sad times but plenty of good too. That's life!

I am looking forward to finishing my Biology exams and moving forward on my path of academia.

I hope every one has a wonderful 2010 too. :)

Our dogs don't take any notice of fireworks at all ... but they are Spanish!! :lol: It wouldn't do to be scared of fireworks in Spain now would it?

Happy New Year all.

Happy New Year to all.

Well i am definetley ready to start a fresh this year, last year was 1 heart break after another and alot of unhappiness indeed, so this year i am very selfishly having a year all about me and doing everything i want to do as i have spent far to long bending over backwards for others and forgetting about myself which has resulted in me loosing out the most.

Soooo.....

January i am starting off with a personal trainer to get my body back, although i am not counting out having my jaw wired :lol:, i am also doing my CND l&p conversion which i am most excited about and i am also going to be introducing minx...Fab way to start the year i think!

February is my birthday my mum & dad are treating me to a week in New York as my last birthday was awful to say the least, then i have 10 days away with friends in the canary islands so very exciting stuff.

March i am doing my eyelash course which again is really exciting and business is really good for me at the moment so i am really pleased with the way things are looking and can't ask for much more than that so i am happy to see how the year pans out and having alot of ME time.

I hope everyone else has a fab year in store for them xx

Of all these threads I found both these the most inspirational.

As always wise and wonderful words from Geeg. :hug:

Emily you do absolutely right, spend this year doing what you want for yourself. :hug: I have always put others first, I have most definately paid my dues. Now its my turn to look out for number one and in the meantime have some fun as well.

anne xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back