Groupons good deal!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HollyGold

Reaction score
14 day manicure kit. Wow how annoying is that x

Last edited by a moderator:
So I woke up this morning to find on Groupon a offer for a 14 day manicure set for £99 from Ireland. So I want to know what and who is this company?

The advertising is Shellac, the pictures used are Shellac, the bottles look like Shellac, the colours are the same as Shellac they even use on their Facebook page the name Shellac! You can buy all the same colours, in the same bottles but for around £9 a bottle!

So who is this company and how is this possibly allowed to be sold! On the voucher today you get 4 colours, a 32 watt lamp, top and base coat, oil, buffer, cleanser and remover.

On their Facebook,site they even say "fed up with spending all that money in a salon on your Shellac" and someone has put on their wall "you've saved me so much money as now I won't have to go to a salon".

Is this allowed and how come CND haven't picked up on it? My clients often say they would love to use Shellac at home but because of the cost won't buy it. I can see some of my clients (obviously not all but ones that can actually paint their nails) getting this instead of using me.

Not happy right now and I will be on the phone to CND on Monday or talking to them at the show on Monday about this, because it basically has SHELLAC written all over it, but without actually using the word.

Your feedback and advice would be great, will be interesting to know what the rest of you think about this.

I've just seen this too.be interesting to see the replies! I heard that there was going to be a gel system people could use at home and this must be it. Can't see it being as good as the products we supply though. Or I hope not?

I've just seen this and was looking to see if someone had already started a topic on it.
It does look like CND. Even the 14 day bit is made to look like CND logo.
It's so frustrating to see stuff like this even though WE know there is only one Shellac and it's not just a case of slap it on, hand under light and finished. Without proper prep, application and the formula that must have took years to perfect it won't do what Shellac does.

Vicki x

I did the same as u dream nails! Glad someone had already spotted tho! I looked at it as it looked very similar to shellac, including the font looking similar to CND!

I saw it too and was amazed. The Photos are the same and it all looks so similar. All those messers and cheapskates can buy it and when it doesn't work they can go back to the salon! I was tempted to leave a comment on the FB page but I thought better of it.

I've just seen this too.be interesting to see the replies! I heard that there was going to be a gel system people could use at home and this must be it. Can't see it being as good as the products we supply though. Or I hope not?

There has been a gel system advertised in a magazine i read selling for about £89 and i cant for the life of me remember who it was by but im pretty sure it wasn't a shellac/CND one, it was just a highstreet name :)

Just come back on to edit...i found a link to a blogger that tried it, from harvey nics apparently

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2011/12/red-carpet-manicure-gel-polish-pro-kit.html?m=1

Last edited:
A few of us on FB have seen and shared this fake page/company on our page walls. It is of course NOT Shellac but yet another rip off company like Bluesky. With so many "companies" (if you can call them that) doing this, it's very hard for CND to control and regulate who is selling what etc. Most of these products come from overseas countries like China and so it is very hard to keep tabs on what is coming in and where it goes.

The only thing we can do is highlight to our clients that this is of course NOT the real deal and some of which have horrifying ingredients in them that could cause some serious allergies and bad reactions. Just educate your own clients by speaking to them, writing about the con artists on your FB pages and the more people do that, the more people will know that there is only 1 Shellac and that is CND :hug:

I too come across this this morning and was rather shocked. Must be really frustrating for those who are using the real deal!

Morning geeks, I have just opened my email this morning to find Groupon are selling a 14 day manicure set for £99 pounds! A saving off 59%! My problem is it looks exactly like Shellac! At first I thought it was that Blu Sky rubbish, it also comes with a lamp! Sometimes I do wonder what's gonna happen to the nail industry, when everyone thinks they can 'have a go themselves! Grr!!

I saw it too and was rather surprised at the balant likeness of shellac.

As I see it, it's the same as buying standard polish, just because customers buy polish, doesn't mean they can do properly which I'd why they come to us.

Same for this, they'll buy it, struggle with it and return to the salon.

A hundred pounds is a lot of money for people to fork out.

It was a matter of time before gel polishes went mainstream. I really don't see it as a threat at all. I buy things all the time that I can't use!

Tigi

I can buy the exact same ingredients as Heston Blumenthal in Waitrose...

The people who would buy such a thing are unlikely to ever be your clients. These are people who want a cheap deal, not a quality service.

Morning geeks, I have just opened my email this morning to find Groupon are selling a 14 day manicure set for £99 pounds! A saving off 59%! My problem is it looks exactly like Shellac! At first I thought it was that Blu Sky rubbish, it also comes with a lamp! Sometimes I do wonder what's gonna happen to the nail industry, when everyone thinks they can 'have a go themselves! Grr!!

Just opened my email and saw the same!:(

I've just seen it too, whatever the industry you going to get your have a go joe! But we all know they will come back at some point!

Lynne your so funny! That made me chuckle! :D

Don't waste your energy worrying about it xx

Ooh! This is so naughty!! They've done their best to make it look like shellac haven't they. I just hope not too many people get sucked in.

I'm quite sure it won't just be customers fooled into buying it, there'll be nail 'techs' buying it too and passing it off as Shellac

Wouldn't worry - clients who want Shellac will continue coming to us for a proper service.

The thread group on Nigel is about the same, it's offered in uk group on too !
As meta said don't worry! X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back