Groupons good deal!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange that this Groupon deal is so short it is only running for the next 13 hrs. Also there is no address to get in touch with them on their website , only a returns address on Groupon. I thought that all websites had to legally carry the business address.

Nothing more to add apart from.....I emailed The Geek this morning, to let him know that this company is using CND's success with Shellac to promote their own and the packaging etc is sailing blatantly close to the wind.

I thought it was important to say that he knows so that he doesn't get a thousand emails in his inbox the day before PB!!!

Hi all. I tweeted Sam Sweet details of this company this morning & he replied confirming that he was passing their details on to CND's legal department.

hi geeks iv also seen this too!! and there is someone asking if its good enough to add to there mobile service! as if this is happening, even though our clients would still come to us they still should not be allowed to do this! cant believe what i am seeing on facebook! and whoever it is sticking up for shellac on there and giving them what for, you go girl because im putting the like button on everything you say!!xx

Absolute joke, see they are saying its just as good as Shellac.

Did you see Millenium Nails also have an offer for their wraps.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1330774456.055538.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1330774456.055538.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 194
yes i just read that too tina what a joke it is!x

hi geeks iv also seen this too!! and there is someone asking if its good enough to add to there mobile service! as if this is happening, even though our clients would still come to us they still should not be allowed to do this! cant believe what i am seeing on facebook! and whoever it is sticking up for shellac on there and giving them what for, you go girl because im putting the like button on everything you say!!xx

Lol that would be me! She keeps deleting everything I say though but it has put people off buying it. She still hasn't given me the list to the ingredients. I also commented on the girl who wants to add it to her mobile services and told her and that got deleted. I love shellac and am amazed by it and truly believe in the product so I feel I should stick up for it.

I'm just disgusting in the pros that are buying it. Hope they all get sued!!!!

ha ha nails it was you! i kept liking it! yes i have noticed they have all been deleted!! you do right to stick up for it im with you on that i also hope they get sued too!! good on you for putting things on there wall!xx

I have just looked at their website and they do appear to be breaking the law. Under European law a webshop must state:

If you are buying goods or services from a trader online, the trader has certain obligations towards you:

Information to be provided
Before the contract is made you have to be given the following specific information in a clear manner.
  • The name and address of the Supplier
  • The main characteristics of the good/service
  • The price including taxes and delivery costs and how payment is to be made
  • How the goods are to be delivered or how the service will be performed
  • That a right to cancel exists
  • The minimum duration of the contract
  • How long it will be open to you to enter into the contract on these terms
  • The cost of the communication between the parties if its above a basic rate
  • How the contract may be cancelled
  • Any guarantees and after sales services that are available
  • The conditions for terminating the contract if it is of unlimited duration or for longer that one year

The Right to Cancel (Cooling-Off Period)

When you purchase online you have at least 7 working days to return the goods or withdraw from the service without having to give any reason or without incurring any penalty i.e. unlike when shopping on the high street, you can get a refund if you simply don't like the goods. You may however have to pay for the cost of returning the goods. The goods must be sent by you within 7 working days of the following:
  • In the case of goods, on the day you received the information referred to above (delivery details etc.)
  • In the case of services, whichever is the later of
  • the day the contract was concluded or
  • the day the information referred to above (delivery details etc.) was received.
  • You can exercise this right for almost all types of goods. There are however some exceptions:
  • for the supply of goods made to your specifications or clearly personalised or which, by reason of their nature, cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly e.g. personalised t-shirts, perishable goods
  • for the supply of audio or video recordings or computer software which were unsealed by the consumer e.g. DVDs, software installation CDs which have the seal removed
  • for the supply of newspapers, periodicals and magazines
    for gaming and lottery services
    for the provision of services if that service has already begun, with the consumer's agreement, before the end of the seven working day period
    for the supply of goods or services the price of which is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by the supplier,

MOre information: Shopping Online - European Consumer Centre Ireland

Not sure why everyone's getting so exercised about it. Just let sweet squared know, sit back and wait for the Facebook page to be taken down.
Use your energies to improve your skills and take care of your clients.

I asked if they could post the MSDS for the products. It got deleted straight away!

Its only a matter of time that people will at home gel polishes and uv/led lamps. They wont use them.....How many of our clents have foot spas, rasps, files, etc etc thrown in the attic? yet they still go and get pedicures.
I came across one recently available in the US
The kit comes with an LED lamp,
I wouldnt get too stressed about it.
As Lynne said, we can buy the same ingredients as heston in the supermarket!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why everyone's getting so exercised about it. Just let sweet squared know, sit back and wait for the Facebook page to be taken down.
Use your energies to improve your skills and take care of your clients.

I agree Lyn but its always a shock isnt it when something like this happens, everyone needs a cup of what your drinking lol
:lol:

saw that tazmari! yes then noticed its gone!x

haaa i have just put a thing on there facebook just to pee them off! told the woman wanting to use it mobile, why use that if your a pro you would use the real shellac! she has agreed and whoops they have deleted my comment, and also made it so i can not comment anymore haaaa!! x

Glad you started a thread here. Was shocked to see it on Groupon this morning.
Its not really surprise that competitors come up with the similar product all the time, but what really strikes this time that they actually copying the entire design and colour scheme, even some text used in advertising.
I think it should be reported to Groupon as well, because they are usually get involved preparing the advertising and working close with the company itself.
I suppose the page on Facebook can be reported as well.

If anything they will bring us more business after those aspiring home made nail techs start using it and ruining people's nails who will late knock on our door asking what can we do with their nails as they've been ruined :)

Let's face it- no individually and reasonably thinking person would buy it!

Obviously nobody here is going to be buying... But I would also not be giving my continued support to distributors that retail products that I felt undercut my business.

There will be many immitators. Some will be very good, and probably at reduced costs. BUT the important thing is (I've said this before) to support companies that contribute positively to the industry and help us build successful businesses and careers. We know which companies devote resources into research and development of new products that make our job easier and make us money.

I think the company has got it up and out there amazingly quickly (poss
because they will be legally challenged soon!) Groupon, facebook , website, full range of similar named colours etc, i also think reading facebook resonses that their english is not quite right! Interesting that its come through the side door of Ireland lol
They certainly have covered every angle before release!
Not to worry it will all die down again im sure.

Thats what i thought .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back