Guilty Music Pleasures!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.Victoria

Reaction score
My partner has begun to doubt my sanity after he looked through my ipod and found what he would describe as dubious music tastes...my guilty pleasures are the Beegees and Wham. Anyone else like to admit to their guilty music pleasures?? Don't let me be the only one!! lol :p

Last edited:
Wham oh yes oh yes

Mine is... wait for it, Electric Light Orchestra (am sorry for all you lovely young geeks who haven't got a clue what on earth I am talking about, yes they were a band, and it is totally my dad's fault that I now can't hear them on the radio, yes regular radio stations still play Mr Blue Sky, without driving faster and singing louder!!!)

Vicki
xx:Love:

As a folkie all the music I listen to would be dubious to most people!

Wham oh yes oh yes

Mine is... wait for it, Electric Light Orchestra (am sorry for all you lovely young geeks who haven't got a clue what on earth I am talking about, yes they were a band, and it is totally my dad's fault that I now can't hear them on the radio, yes regular radio stations still play Mr Blue Sky, without driving faster and singing louder!!!)

Vicki
xx:Love:

Oh I LOVE Mr Blue Sky :biggrin:

YouTube - ELO - Mr.Blue Sky (Original Promo)

Blue Rose... I salute you!!!
Vicki
x

As a folkie all the music I listen to would be dubious to most people!

That's just not good enough I'm afraid :wink2:....we need examples lol

Right Said Fred n im going t see them in may .....sooooo excited haha eee no joke

I like the badgers and the bunnies playing the violins in that video! :D

My favourite music of all time is by the Beach Boys. I'm having Good Vibrations as my funeral song!
Going to see The Monkees next month. Met Pete Tork when he was playing a jazz club a couple of years ago; he's actually a very good and versatile musician. I was so pleased to see he is well enough to tour this time as he has had cancer since then. Never particularly liked their music when younger but I rhink it will be a fun gig in my favourite venue, Apollo Manchester.
Saw Tom Jones when last touring. He is my guilty secret 'cos he's actually a bit repulsive to look at but I LOVE his music!!!

No need to feel guilty! I'm proud of my music taste ( which is very wide) a few are - show of hands( bit folky), ELO, barry Manilow, BeeGees, Elvis(??), Christy Moore and occasionally a bit of Bonnie Tyler!!! nothing makes you drive louder than 'holding out for a hero'...... I blame older sisters!:wink2: how could I forget Ricky Martin - now that is a bit embarrassing!!

Last edited:
No need to feel guilty! I'm proud of my music taste ( which is very wide) a few are - show of hands( bit folky), ELO, barry Manilow, BeeGees, Elvis(??), Christy Moore and occasionally a bit of Bonnie Tyler!!! nothing makes you drive louder than 'holding out for a hero'...... I blame older sisters!:wink2: how could I forget Ricky Martin - now that is a bit embarrassing!!

Not keen on the others so much, but Show of Hands are very good live, the fiddler is fantastic.

I am the biggest loser - whenever my friends come in my car they say i must have the radio on, not my iPod. Because at the moment I'm listening to...

Phantom of the Opera, Lion King, Motley Crue, Steps, Evanescence, Snoop Dogg, and of course my two all time favourite singers, Celine Dion and Shania Twain. I actually love them.

I will listen to anything but I like piano-y music (Skinny Love by Birdy is a favourite at the moment) and orchestra-y music too (can you tell I got up too early? Can't get the word in my brain onto the computer)

Anyway my point is....I do not feel guilt for my music tastes at all!! Everyone I know knows I am a geek in every possible way and my music ceases to surprise anyone now. :) xxx

Kimi your music tast sounds about as good as mine lol.

My iPod is a very emarassing mixture of music including silly things like aaron carter and show tunes and disney songs and loads of other stupid things :)

Elvis, ABBA, Kenny Rogers...and the 80s classics from Whitesnake, Alice Cooper, Europe, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Foreigner, The Vapours, Adam and the Ants....yes, I grew up with 2 teenage sisters in the 80s :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back