had nails done, a total mess

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felen

Reaction score
Hi geeks
Some advise if possible

I had my nails done in the 'best' nail bar in town, it has won lots of awards and has a fabulous reputation.
However my nails are a mess, I had a french manicure, which was so bad i didn't know what to say and just kept looking at my nails. I then had a plain polish, which was not put on my nails correctly and looked like the colour had grown out..
The nail teck was young, had no idea what I wanted when i went in and was reading a mag, even though i had booked a few days earlier. Two of my fingers were very painful and the edges of those fingers were burning.
The teck kept yawning and sighing the whole time.
I have a wedding at 1pm tomorrow and am going away saturday at 11am for 2 weeks, hence my nails.
I have now taken all the polish of and not sure what to do, as the gel has no been blended in well on a couple of nails and three nails are on slant, two the tips are stuck to my skin on the edge of my finger.

My nails also cost £50.I dont mind paying providing i have a lovley looking natural nail, and i dont.

I aslo feel very guilty as it was my birthday yesterday, my children gave me money to get my nails done, and they are awfull
Any help or/and advise would be grateful as to what i could do next.

Hi geeks
Some advise if possible

I had my nails done in the 'best' nail bar in town, it has won lots of awards and has a fabulous reputation.
However my nails are a mess, I had a french manicure, which was so bad i didn't know what to say and just kept looking at my nails. I then had a polish, which was not put on my nails correctly and looked like the colour had grown out..
The nail teck was young, had no idea what I wanted when i went in and was reading a mag, even though i had booked a few days earlier. Two of my fingers were very painful and th edges of those fingers were burning.
The teck kept yawning and signing the whole time.
I have a wedding at 1pm tomorrow and am going away saturday at 11am for 2 weeks, hence my nails.
I have now taken all the polish of and not sure what to do, as the gel has no been blended in well on a couple of nails and three nails are on slant, two the tips are stuck to my skin on the edge of my finger.

My nails also cost £50.I dont mind paying providing i have a lovley looking natural nail, and i dont.

Any help or/and advise would be grateful as to what i could do next.

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience. Unfortunately I can only recommend that you contact the salon and explain that you are not happy with your nails as they are and ask them to remedy them (preferably free of charge!). I would ask to speak to the manager.

I hope that you get your nails fixed in time for the wedding!!!!

:hug:

Hi
Unfortunatly the manager was not there, I thought she was doing my nails as she booked me in.
Manager wont be there untill 8am tomorrow.
The wedding is at 1pm and i am working from 8.30 - 11.30am, so i am going to be pushed for the wedding.
I have taken the polish of due to the mess, now not sure if i should re-polish or leave them, one finger is sore when i touch it, ot catch it.

I so feel like crying.. I wont

Hi
Unfortunatly the manager was not there, I thought she was doing my nails as she booked me in.
Manager wont be there untill 8am tomorrow.
The wedding is at 1pm and i am working from 8.30 - 11.30am, so i am going to be pushed for the wedding.
I have taken the polish of due to the mess, now not sure if i should re-polish or leave them, one finger is sore when i touch it, ot catch it.

I so feel like crying.. I wont

Can you phone the salon tonight? Maybe they could squeeze you in somewhere tonight?

i know you have already paid out alot, but some salons do a late night what about trying one just for a tidy up ? i'd do them but im in hertfordshire

Hi there

I think probably the best thing to do is call up the salon again and ask who is in charge whilst the manager is away and tell her about your situation, if your nails are hurting then they have probably been damaged in some way. I would Definitely request a refund and go else where, as I wouldn't want to pay that much money or any money at all for that matter to a salon that inflicts pain! I hope you get it sorted :lol:

Hi all

I have tried a few other places with no luck.

I'm going to file them into a proper shape myself tonight and polsh them.

I would like a refund, there is no way i will get to the salon in the next week or so and certainly not tomorrow to show the owner the state of my nails.
Hopefully I will be able to find a nail tech on holiday and get something sorted

hi
i would try and take some photos of your nails if you cant get into the salon for a while that way you can show the owner the problem???
hope you get them sorted soon xxxx:hug:

hi
i would try and take some photos of your nails if you cant get into the salon for a while that way you can show the owner the problem???
hope you get them sorted soon xxxx:hug:

Totally agree.....if you go back to the shop and say my nails were done badly they WILL want to see them....as you have already took the polish off and are going to file them , they will not beleive you if you ask for your money back....

Also , like the others have said, go back or phone the salon and ask for who is in charge, they can tell you what their shop policy is.

Have took photos, I now which i had kept the french manicure on, as I have took the polish of anyway.
The manager is the owner, I have just found out, so I will speak to her tomorrow.

I have now filed a few down into a proper shape and re-polished.

I just want to cry at the moment,, It's like having a really bad headcut..

Have took photos, I now which i had kept the french manicure on, as I have took the polish of anyway.
The manager is the owner, I have just found out, so I will speak to her tomorrow.

I have now filed a few down into a proper shape and re-polished.

I just want to cry at the moment,, It's like having a really bad headcut..

Have you done nails before or just seen the tech's doing it???.....i ask as you say you have filed your nails down into a proper shape and re poilshed !!

Hi

Sorry no, I do beauty.

I have my nails done for special occasions only, as i find it difficult to work with nails.

I meant by a 'proper shape and re polish'. My nails are supposed to be square, just above the tip of my finger, they are all different lengths and a slightly different shapes on each nail, my thumb nails had very sharp corners and fanned out slightly.
I am also having a little burning still from the finger where the tip/gel is over the nail bed onto the finger.
The polish was 3/4 up nail on some places, not all of finger nail was covered in polish and the tips of nails were missing polish, also where one coat was applied, then second coat, the second coat did not cover teh first coat. So my nails had slightly different colours.

Its a shame that you didn't raise your concerns while you where there.

I do agree that you should have addressed your concerns at the time, also now that you have altered the nails how can the salon owner know how they were done. Unless you have already have a relationship with the owner, for all she knows you could be just someone out for a freebie. Not saying that you are, but it could appear that way.

Go back to shop with no varnish on, see the main tech and get her to tidy them up (no charge ) ask if the girl is qualified, her cert should be on display. Get their as soon as shop opens. I allways tell my customers to come back to me with any problems and give them a after care slip and have a consultation sheet before i start.
good luck:mad:

I agree with everything everyone else has said. You must go back to the salon asap and express your dissatisfaction. Definitely take photos as well.

As regards finding someone else, I can't help for the wedding today, but I could maybe do something this evening depending on what part of Essex you are in. PM me if you are interested. However, I don't do gel only l&p.

Hope you manage to get everything sorted out and you enjoy the wedding and your holiday, and this incident doesn't spoil them for you.

I agree you should go back and get them sorted.
But in all honesty you should have raised these concerns at the time
to give the nail tech a chance to put things right.
I hope everything gets sorted for you.
goodluck and enjoy the wedding.

I agree that the best advice is to raise concerns at the time, but some people feel VERY uncomfortable 'questioning' a professional. Depends on your personality. You would expect to get great results at a top nail bar. I don't think it's the customer's obligation to give feedback, although it is most helpful.

The manager needs to see the nails in the condition they were given to you so they have a chance to rectify the situation.

Hi all

Ok i am back, wedding was brill, lol, nails still a mess.
Basicly the owner said i could go in at 1pm, however the wedding was at 3pm, (think i put 1pm by accident) the cars were picking us up at 2.15pm. I finished work at 12.30pm, no way was i going to get into town, get my nails sorted and get back to get showered, changed etc. I phoned owner explaining this, she said i could go in on Friday, I explained that is all i could go in as i was away untill late wed and had a course on Thurs.
Owner then said she forget but she would not be in on Friday on Thursday!
I have spoken to CAB by phone, who suggested i get a fully quilified nail tech to write a letter re-my nails and things wrong. as well as pics and a letter of complaint by me.
I have shown a couple of nail techs, one a teacher who was shocked at the state of them. I am waiting for someone to contact me tomorrow, hopefully she can make a report re-nails.

I shall keep you posted

p.s
The nail on little finger has broken of, luckily the nail plate is not damaged.

Latest posts

Back