Hair colour disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She did what the stylist recommended when she rang up to complain

She did what the stylist recommended when she rang up to complain

Exactly! I had no choice and done what I was told x

Exactly! I had no choice and done what I was told x

I have been following this thread and I feel for you for what has happened xxx

However, I feel that you yourself and the stylist are at fault here at this very moment.

I'm not the one to normally complain as I don't like confrontation, however, when it comes to the point where my or my family's health is at risk there is no way I would turn around and do what you have done so far - which is nothing.

You have weeping blisters on your head which may lead to bold spots eventually. As an aspiring hairdresser, your hair will be one of your selling points along with your skills... Do you not worry about that? As an aspiring hairdresser, you should know better about diy job. Especially after so many requests from so many professionals not to do anything with your hair, you still went ahead and put peroxide in your hair... I just don't get it - instead of wasting your time diy-ing at home you should have gone back to the place despite of that being an advice from the "pro" that gas caused this problem in the first place.she may not have realised how bad the situation is without seeing it.

Instead of talking you better get down to business. Yes, I've read that you have 18 h days ahead and so on - take time off AND GO BACK TO THE SALON AND YOUR DOCTOR please!!!talking here will not rectify the situation. Talking to your go and the salon that caused it - will.

Sorry if sounds too harsh xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

However, I feel that you yourself and the stylist are at fault here at this very moment.

I'm not the one to normally complain as I don't like confrontation, however, when it comes to the point where my or my family's health is at risk there is no way I would turn around and do what you have done so far - which is nothing.

You have weeping blisters on your head which may lead to bold spots eventually. As an aspiring hairdresser, your hair will be one of your selling points along with your skills... Do you not worry about that? As an aspiring hairdresser, you should know better about diy job. Especially after so many requests from so many professionals not to do anything with your hair, you still went ahead and put peroxide in your hair... I just don't get it - instead of wasting your time diy-ing at home you should have gone back to the place despite of that being an advice from the "pro" that gas caused this problem in the first place.she may not have realised how bad the situation is without seeing it.

Instead of talking you better get down to business. Yes, I've read that you have 18 h days ahead and so on - take time off AND GO BACK TO THE SALON AND YOUR DOCTOR please!!!talking here will not rectify the situation. Talking to your go and the salon that caused it - will.

And "go" was meant to be GP

They will have an email Hun, personally I would go on their website and log a contact me call, don't say anything in particular just that you would like to the salon owner to call regarding a previous apt, you have the pictures as proof... So you can still show them and explain what their stylist has done and the extremely bad advice they gave in doing it yourself at home!! She told you to bleach bath your own hair.... Not even we do that unless need be in the salon! Who knows what you use could damage your hair as you had only just had it done!

The vol was way too high, where I used to work one lady wanted us too, and every time she came in the boss made her sign a form saying we had advised her against it through our professional opinion and that as she was so dark the only way to go that blonde (back then) would have been to bleach and 12% it! And then tone, she never had an issue... I bleached my scalp once and was fine, second time was not so fine, but again as tints were not lifting and I was doing it myself I couldn't complain lol, but omg those burns.... That is way over application of the bleach on your scalp, then when shampooing opens your pools more and then the toner would have gone under the skin causing the blisters!

A lot of companies are bringing out an scalp bleach and highest vol recommended with them is 6%!

The pink was the fact she didn't make sure the colour didn't bleed as it was being washed, some alternate action shampoo would have fixed that if she had bothered to correct on the day! At the very moment it happened, it could have been rescued :(, maybe!

Glad you managed to fix yourself but do speak to the salon owner, as I would most definitely want to know if one of my stylists had done this to one of my customers! I would be mortified! And would take serious action! How many others are subjected to her skills (term used ver lightly) should her boss not be made aware!

I think we should be able to send people through retraining or lose their certificate for things like this! Doctors can lose their medical licence, we can lose our driving licence it should be the same in all professions where you do such a cowboy job that you actually hairdressing licence should be provoked!

People are allowed to make mistakes but what she did was beyond repair for the immediate future and further more she told you to bleach bath your own hair at home! I can't get over it!! I'm genuinely in shock :(

It doesn't sound harsh, but you have to bare in mind with no answer to calls and no way I was only going to be there for an hour or so I couldn't afford to sit and wait about.

I appreciate everyone's advice and made sure to put nothing on the blisters - which are the main risk here.. Not the pink in my hair! I have rectified this with a very weak quick bleach bath but blisters cannot be rectified and this is the main problem she has caused me!

I am an aspiring hairdresser yes but I am going to college in August and at the moment only go with what works for me.. I have not been taught anything yet and yes it's not ideal coz its people like me that put stylists out of jobs.. But I don't do it just because I can't be bothered with a salon or use a box dye.. I genuinely prefer the way I dye my hair and I am the only person that has achieved what I want without drying my hair out etc. I have taken the pros advice and until I can find a salon I am truly happy with then yes I will continue to do my own hair but will use a lower peroxide.

We colour our hair and dye our clothes sweety xxx just a pro term for future reference xx

Saturday morning&&Saturday night x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363633100.372649.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363633100.372649.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 210
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363633135.404583.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363633135.404583.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 196
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363633201.187876.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363633201.187876.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 295
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363633224.004377.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363633224.004377.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 207
I don't think you will have much luck going through insurers now to be honest.They could say you did it because after it happened you did your hair yourself again.

It's not nice this has happened to you and a very valuable lesson learned.

Just to point out your profile says you a hair professional but your not training yet so might be a good idea to take that off until you start your training hun.

Hope you feel better soon and your head gets better.x

I don't think you will have much luck going through insurers now to be honest.They could say you did it because after it happened you did your hair yourself again.

It's not nice this has happened to you and a very valuable lesson learned.

Just to point out your profile says you a hair professional but your not training yet so might be a good idea to take that off until you start your training hun.

Hope you feel better soon and your head gets better.x

My profile only says hair as I am a hair extensionist xx

Thanks nic :) was so happy to get the pink out my hair xx

And I only tocuhed the ends nowhere near the blisters.. Made sure of it xx

My profile only says hair as I am a hair extensionist xx

Thanks nic :) was so happy to get the pink out my hair xx

And I only tocuhed the ends nowhere near the blisters.. Made sure of it xx

I do apologise Hun lol I just assumed you didn't do hair full stop lol well there is a lesson learned for me to "don't just assume" lol.

Glad it's getting better for you and less painful xx

I do apologise Hun lol I just assumed you didn't do hair full stop lol well there is a lesson learned for me to "don't just assume" lol.

Glad it's getting better for you and less painful xx

No probs :).

Thanks, glad its getting better but defo going into the salon to see a manager as I'm now being left with blisters that are scanning and flaking making it look like I have dandruff :( and when I wear black for uniform it doesn't look very appealing !xx

Latest posts

Back