Hair extension removal nightmare - part 2!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mizzmarni

Reaction score
ok.. someone suggested i try to find out what glue was used on my hair extensions so i could remove them..

I did this and one went slighly gooey, my friend could very carefully use her nails and scrape the glue off.. she was very very careful and did not pull my hair at all..

Obv this is not pratical when taking out 50 hair extensions!

Soooo what do i do now?

And i cant afford a professional at all.. so thats not really an option (ummm i have issues at the mo!)

Hugs all you gorgeous geeks

Hannah
X

ok.. someone suggested i try to find out what glue was used on my hair extensions so i could remove them..

I did this and one went slighly gooey, my friend could very carefully use her nails and scrape the glue off.. she was very very careful and did not pull my hair at all..

Obv this is not pratical when taking out 50 hair extensions!

Soooo what do i do now?

And i cant afford a professional at all.. so thats not really an option (ummm i have issues at the mo!)

Hugs all you gorgeous geeks

Hannah
X

hi not sure if this will work with your type of glue etc.
but sometimes use washing up liquid (yes may not be the norm) to get rid of the glue if its hard to take off.
but i do wefts but thought id let you know.

Cover your hair in conditioner or baby oil and sleep in it

or

Acetone soaked cotton wool balls - hold on each bond and the glue will disolve so that you can slide out.

I use both of these methods on mine & both work well for me x

Cover your hair in conditioner or baby oil and sleep in it

or

Acetone soaked cotton wool balls - hold on each bond and the glue will disolve so that you can slide out.

I use both of these methods on mine & both work well for me x

I tried nail polish remover... im not too sure but nail varnish has high acetone content right?? so its like the same thing??

And it did not work :-(

a lot of nail polish removers are acetone free now, as acetone burns through nail extentions your better off with neat acetone xhth

always use neat acetone to remove mine hunni...xxx

cool.. thanks guys! Im working at a pharmacy this week.. i think they sell it neat dont they??

Do people make drugs out of it or something??? weird!

Anyhoo... i defo used nail polish remover with acetone in it..

ok... im confused!

MWAH
XXXXXXXXXX

nail varnish is diluted acetone, this is why your bonds went sticky.... if you used pure acetone the glue comes away more readily and quickly. it is less harsh for the hair in the long run, as it evaporates more quickly, and doesn't require soaking or glove wearing! The extensions fall away - as opposed to needing to be picked/scraped out....

nail varnish is diluted acetone, this is why your bonds went sticky.... if you used pure acetone the glue comes away more readily and quickly. it is less harsh for the hair in the long run, as it evaporates more quickly, and doesn't require soaking or glove wearing! The extensions fall away - as opposed to needing to be picked/scraped out....

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Well i will be VERY sad too see my hair extensions go.. i may even cry but i think i dont want my own hair to fall out!

I promise to all you professionals i will be very careful and paitent (am usually the opposite)

So guess what I am going to be doing this weekend!

Can i get pure acetone from a chemist?

:Love:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Well i will be VERY sad too see my hair extensions go.. i may even cry but i think i dont want my own hair to fall out!

I promise to all you professionals i will be very careful and paitent (am usually the opposite)

So guess what I am going to be doing this weekend!

Can i get pure acetone from a chemist?

:Love:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You generally can but explain what its for! Otherwise they will flatly refuse. You generally should ring around first - as not all are willing to give it to you. if in doubt, try a paint supply store - as acetone is also used for thinning paint and cleaning brushes! lol

You generally can but explain what its for! Otherwise they will flatly refuse. You generally should ring around first - as not all are willing to give it to you. if in doubt, try a paint supply store - as acetone is also used for thinning paint and cleaning brushes! lol

OMG!! I feel like a druggie or something!

As i said i work in a pharmacy.. they know im totally insane so prob wont give it to me anyway! LOL

No they are all pretty insane where i work any way especially the pharmacist of all things!! Wouldnt be suprised if he used it for strange purposes!

I reckon it will be fine! I will feel like a criminal tho.. do i need to put it on a brown paper bag after i buy it and cradle it on the train!

ok im being weird now.. ill shut up!
XXXXX

OMG!! I feel like a druggie or something!

As i said i work in a pharmacy.. they know im totally insane so prob wont give it to me anyway! LOL

No they are all pretty insane where i work any way especially the pharmacist of all things!! Wouldnt be suprised if he used it for strange purposes!

I reckon it will be fine! I will feel like a criminal tho.. do i need to put it on a brown paper bag after i buy it and cradle it on the train!

ok im being weird now.. ill shut up!
XXXXX

ha ha! the reason that its tough to get is cause the cheap 'alcoholics' use it! perhaps don't use the brown paper bag.....

ha ha! the reason that its tough to get is cause the cheap 'alcoholics' use it! perhaps don't use the brown paper bag.....

Ha Ha... there's a cheap idea for you...!

Bloody hell you MUST be desprate to drink that!

It makes me happy now i dont drink very much!

<3

Nail polish remover is not strong enough to remove hair extensions you will be there for forever and a day.......

I can't believe what I am reading!! :eek: Acetone DOES NOT remove hair extensions. I'm sure you nail geeks would love it if we gave BAD advice on how to remove enhancements.

Acetone makes up a small part of the remover and the advice you are giving is a sure way to send this poor person bald!

There is no monkeying around with this. You HAVE to see a PROFESSIONAL. It should cost around £20ish pounds to remove 50 ext.

We don't train in this area for nothing. You need face to face advice from a professional.

I can't believe what I am reading!! :eek: Acetone DOES NOT remove hair extensions. I'm sure you nail geeks would love it if we gave BAD advice on how to remove enhancements.

Acetone makes up a small part of the remover and the advice you are giving is a sure way to send this poor person bald!

There is no monkeying around with this. You HAVE to see a PROFESSIONAL. It should cost around £20ish pounds to remove 50 ext.

We don't train in this area for nothing. You need face to face advice from a professional.

Thank you! Baldness is BAD!

ummm i have a lot to think about! Im trying to find a professional in my area with no sucsess!

Thanks for all your ideas guys.. if im bald im suing!!

he he... dont worry.. if im bald its my own dam fault for being so stupid and tight!

Hugs to you all gorgeous geeks :):hug::):hug::)

:)

Thank you! Baldness is BAD!

ummm i have a lot to think about! Im trying to find a professional in my area with no sucsess!

Thanks for all your ideas guys.. if im bald im suing!!

he he... dont worry.. if im bald its my own dam fault for being so stupid and tight!

Hugs to you all gorgeous geeks :):hug::):hug::)

:)

You may have said this on your last post (apologies if it's the something you have answered!) But is it not possible to go back to the original person who put them in? Or alternatively contact the company whos product is in your hair and ask them to point you in the right direction. Good luck! :)

Bad news - acetone does remove loose hair extensions bonded with a keratin or similar glue.... whilst this is not true for pre bonded (ie balmain) which requires the use of a rubbing alcohol ( ie isopropyl) and sometimes a diluted form of acetone. Though this once again depends - if they've been 'hand made' prebonded then the acetone may work. Each system is different and requires different removal.

I have been private msgn with the original poster, and advised her to test one of the extensions before embarking on a full removal. Unfortunately professional removal is out the question for her.

I have been a professional extensionist for 20 years, and I use acetone to remove hair ext. I dont think it works with pre-bonded.
A drop of acetone, then squash the bond and it crumblles to powder.

i use acetone to remove pre bonded hair extensions all the time with no probs.

Latest posts

Back