Hair Planet hell

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must agree with you - I've got a few clients on their 3rd and 4th month now and they are a little dry as you would expect at the price but definately nothing like whats being described here, though they are all blondes. so strange eh.
Its putting me off ordering, and I need to order 3 weaves tomorrow, two on #60 and one in #1b.......

Ive had no problems either... Fitted a full head on my sister last week and so far alls absolutely fine x

hmmm well ive just dyed mine .... it was a mix of colours and im wanting to go the same shade as 99j so have dyed it dark brown before i go plum/red tomorrow or thursday.
Have to say i thought it would feel awful but it dosent

I can seem to keep the knots under control by making sure i plait for bed, brush before washing etc. its fine even by scrubbing when washing makes it tangle up so have to be careful but as long as iam its fine
Also last few days i have stopped using my argon oil and it feels better :/ weird.

Have you seen their new russian range on there???

hmmm well ive just dyed mine .... it was a mix of colours and im wanting to go the same shade as 99j so have dyed it dark brown before i go plum/red tomorrow or thursday.
Have to say i thought it would feel awful but it dosent

I can seem to keep the knots under control by making sure i plait for bed, brush before washing etc. its fine even by scrubbing when washing makes it tangle up so have to be careful but as long as iam its fine
Also last few days i have stopped using my argon oil and it feels better :/ weird.

Have you seen their new russian range on there???

I havent tried them, seems too good to be true! though this might tie up with another thread where someone has been quoted £300 for russian extensions.....

hmmmm i asked for a sample but they havent got any for samples she says! ud think theyd want to promote it wouldnt you??

think I'll call them tomorrow...... going to go ahead and order the weaves anyway i think as I said i had no problems, so will enquire about the russian range. I have a friend who is a client I'm sure she would be up for trying them out xx

let me know if you do :) and if you fancy selling me a strand :) so i can see what its like :lick:

Its beauty works brand pre bonded new tips. The information on the website is actually incorrect. It's sorced from Eastern Russia and mixed with Mongolian hair. Hence the price cut it's mixed and also not "virgin" which i'm sure there also claiming. However i use there wefts which you can get on the website but I buy from beauty works direct. The hair quality is fantatic for it's price! I've been wearing this weft for 6 months now and it's also been coloured a few times. I can upload photos if anyones interested. I also use it on my clients so i have many photos
:)

the blonde colours seem to be ok obv a little dryer but its the dark colours that have all been the problem ! colour 1, 1b, 2 these colours have been the nightmares with knotting, fusing together etc xx

Factors which occur to cause these kinds of things are always either
aftercare or treatment of the hair, we use the same supplier we have used
for approx 8 years now and do this to ensure minimum batch variance and
quality control.

You are more than welcome to send the hair back for analysis however as
stated in our terms if our products have not been used and incompatible
products have the extensions are not eligible for a refund/replacement.

That's the reply I got after a long email ! I had already sent a strand back
From the last set and never herd anything back,
I read online that a lot of places are using horse hair..
I can't risk using them again, which is a shame as the hair WAS nice and
The prices are good. But I can't put up with this!!

i have emailed them this morning and im guessing this is the reply i will get too!!! im not happy any haor i have applied since july has had to be removed coz of matting and tangling its just awful no way am i going near hair planet again!

Does anybody know which manufacturer hair planet use? X

I had a problem a while back I sent all the hair back and it was tested. The tests came back negative and I received a refund. If you follow aftercare you shouldn't have any problems. If it helps I have advised to clients to use Moroccan oil treatment on mid lengths and ends and it really keeps the condition xx

I think it's also really important to "remember" the processing hair extensions go through. Maybe this is being forgotten or some extensionists just don't understand it. If you research the processing you will understand why the blondes tend to go dry, and also many manufacturers process too quickly which then causes the hair to deteriorate once fitted and being washed etc- just think what it does to your own hair. Unless clients are paying good money they will usually experience dryness matting etc to the extensions. Unavoidable.

They have also increased their prices!!!!

Does anybody know which manufacturer hair planet use? X

No supplier will tell you where they get there hair from as they don't want you going direct to the manufacturer.

yeah, up a pound on every pack x

Try Bonita hunni, hair is really good root to tip and lasts well - you will be very impressed with bonds. Perhaps offer the clients you lost a discounted offer to come back and try the new hair?

What is the consensus on Bonita? Ive never used them x

Just wanted to add my experience to this, i previously used lush us hair all the time and loved it, then had some 60 fitted in my own hair, quality was vile!! so so bad, had to take them out after couple of weeks they were so bad.
New set i tried hair planet, same colour 60. The hair has been amazing, i cant quite beleive it.. the hair literally feels better than my own LOL! So maybe they are just having issues with dark colours (very strange!)
anyway i am going to give lush (now hair rebelion i think) another try because i have always been really happy with the hair from them and this thread has made me scared to use hair planet again haha xx

I'm still using lush - is Hair planet chinese - that would explain the #60 being better as it withstands the processing much better than Indian. I've tried so many over the years for a budget range but still can't top what is now Hair Rebellion. Yeah they all have problems from time to time but if you research the processing of hair extensions it gives you much more insight as to why. OOooo and apparently they're bringing a virgin range in too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back