Has anyone else deactivated their Facebook account?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Ive just deactivated my Facebook account,on two conditions Im getting too obsessed with someone and I spend too much time on there ,when I should be doing more research on the net for my future...just wondered if anybody else has done the same...but not nessaccary for the same reasons x

Yes, I did deactivate - but lasted about 1 day before logging back in! I'm hopeless.

But if it's a person bothering you - you can hide all their posts - so you don't see anything about them.

I have just recently done this, as I was entirely fed up of seeing constant bullhonkey this person was making up. I deleted said person once, and that caused no-end of drama, so re-friended, but just now hide all their posts so they don't wind me up!!

Good luck

Yeah, the problem is logging back in re activates it.
Let the people you know and care about know ASAP that you deactivated it so try don't think you blocked them xoxo

Ha, yeah I am kinda missing it..espically when I wake earlyhours n I used to FB till I fell back off ...will be interesting till I find out how long itll last ;).....I fell for someone n getting mixed fibes ..couda just deleted n bloked but just felt rude...Ive gotta make a big desision in life n being on FB is not gonna help..so thought it woud be a gud idea to temporary deactivate ...in the mean time atleast I can chat to SG peeps ....Im sure it wont be long and I be back there ...will miss some of my freinds xx :)

I deleted, reactivated, deleted, reactivated before deciding to delete everyone except family and very close friends. I was really worried about deleting most of my colleagues but I don't think they've noticed (they know I've been on & off all year). It made me feel so much better!
S

Yes that may be a gud idea...have a freind clearout ,I sposse the less freinds ..the less newsfeed= ...the less time I spend on there...see how I go. :hug:

I deactivated my personal account last July! Best thing I ever did...

I've never even had the urge to activate it again, & I never will!

I had about 800 idiots on there. Ok some people were decent but most weren't.

I use to get sick of....

My kids are my world. Love you millions, your my everything. (who cares? I dont! & I didn't realise your 3 week old baby could read this dedication, the clever little thing) lol

Or really competitive people who would have their kids next years Xmas presents bought & wrapped 2 days after this Xmas.... & would put 935 photos of each & every present up on Facebook... Then proceed to say how much they'd spent & how their kids had the best of everything bla bla bla
god that grated on me lol ok so we see you have a spoilt brat, now please stop clogging my news feeds.

I must've deleted someone everyday.. I'd go past people in the street & get filthy looks because they knew I'd unfriended them hahaha

Oh dear & another that'd get on my wick was a full commentary on someones daily life...

beans on toast for my brekky, put my pink socks & green knickers on. then decide if I'm wearing my skinny jeans or leggings, then nip to asda get summat in for tea, home, Hoover & mop, go to the toilet, get a shower, go to the toilet again, cup of tea with 6 rich tea biscuits, watch emmerdale & get in bed Zzzzzzz night peeps :)

Grrrrrr My tounge got bitten several times reading dilly statuses like that. lol

Xx

Can you deactivate your personal Facebook but still keep your business page?

I de-activated at Christmas and don't miss it at all! I got sick of reading what my neighbours were having for tea. Then when they split up they discussed their break up in detail!
I think it's brill for keeping in touch with old friends and looking at their photo's but I now e-mail them instead.
I also found it difficult not to visit my teenage daughters page and nosey at what she was doing!!

Yes I did as my ex was stalking me and I was like you spending too much time on there so for them reasons deactivated it and that was three years ago, now I'm addicted to salon geek 😱think I need help x

Yes I did as my ex was stalking me and I was like you spending too much time on there so for them reasons deactivated it and that was three years ago, now I'm addicted to salon geek ��think I need help x

Yep ,I have that too ,apperantly my ex says Ive been chasing a guy on there thats thats half my age and now hes deleted me ??? Wheres he got that from I ask myself...maybe its partly true..but not all :lol: but yeah must admit Ive rediscovered SG since leaving there and Im sure its filled with lots more useful info. on here than listening to everybodys movement they make in life I guess. :lol:

I'm wanting to get rid of mine! But use my business Facebook..
Get rid up with people's stupid status 'so tired today LOL' 'not feeling well LOL' all people do is moan.... And fed up of just seeing people posting photos of kids or scan photos....

Also fed up of the inlaws, anyone who posts on m wall just gets back to them!

I have a hand full of people who I speak to so I don understand why I have millions of facebook friends who I don't care about.... That's what you get for havng Facebook so young, you isn't add anyone.... I'm slows deleting everyone who i dont speak to off it I can't find a quick way to do it x

I'm wanting to get rid of mine! But use my business Facebook..
Get rid up with people's stupid status 'so tired today LOL' 'not feeling well LOL' all people do is moan.... And fed up of just seeing people posting photos of kids or scan photos....

Also fed up of the inlaws, anyone who posts on m wall just gets back to them!

I have a hand full of people who I speak to so I don understand why I have millions of facebook friends who I don't care about.... That's what you get for havng Facebook so young, you isn't add anyone.... I'm slows deleting everyone who i dont speak to off it I can't find a quick way to do it x

Holly mine are funny! :)

I deactived mine over a year ago, it was the best thing!

It caused so much trouble than what it was actually worth, everyone is always trying to get in your business!

:D

I deactivated my personal account last July! Best thing I ever did...

I've never even had the urge to activate it again, & I never will!

I had about 800 idiots on there. Ok some people were decent but most weren't.

I use to get sick of....

My kids are my world. Love you millions, your my everything. (who cares? I dont! & I didn't realise your 3 week old baby could read this dedication, the clever little thing) lol

Or really competitive people who would have their kids next years Xmas presents bought & wrapped 2 days after this Xmas.... & would put 935 photos of each & every present up on Facebook... Then proceed to say how much they'd spent & how their kids had the best of everything bla bla bla
god that grated on me lol ok so we see you have a spoilt brat, now please stop clogging my news feeds.

I must've deleted someone everyday.. I'd go past people in the street & get filthy looks because they knew I'd unfriended them hahaha

Oh dear & another that'd get on my wick was a full commentary on someones daily life...

beans on toast for my brekky, put my pink socks & green knickers on. then decide if I'm wearing my skinny jeans or leggings, then nip to asda get summat in for tea, home, Hoover & mop, go to the toilet, get a shower, go to the toilet again, cup of tea with 6 rich tea biscuits, watch emmerdale & get in bed Zzzzzzz night peeps :)

Grrrrrr My tounge got bitten several times reading dilly statuses like that. lol

Xx

LMAO !!!
I have never had FB and never will for reasons stated above lol xx

I deactivated last year.

I was sick of hearing:

Oh no it's raining. (I used to think no S*I* Sherlock ive been in it whilst your lazy ass is sat in front of your computer.

Hard days work today.(really so has over half of the world.

RIP blah blah blah (yeh I'm sure this dead person is not reading this I'm sure they have better things to be doing up there lol

And so on BORING lol

I don't have many people in my personal one, just the people I actually spend time with!!
My work one is the one that's full of the ones who detail every aspect of their life!! Drives me nuts!!

I only use it to communicate with my family and some friends back in Australia. I have one English friend on there who just loves bragging about her new Jimmy Choo shoes and Louis Vouton handbags. Yes, she's loaded, but does she have to rub everyone's face in it?

I deactivated mine about 6 months ago and I haven't looked back - I'm quite a private person and it really wasn't me at all but I'd had it since uni. It did serve a purpose in that it was how me and my boyf communicated when we first met but I don't have any need for it now - it was a relief to close it down and I don't miss it at all! My close friends I keep in touch with by text and email and that suits me just fine :)

I deactivated mine for about six months and then went back. It was for purely selfish reasons - I was sick of hearing about pregnant friends and seeing all their pictures! I can't have any more kids and it used to upset me so much to see all these people having babies. Anyways, I got a grip and realised its not other peoples fault - they've got a right to be happy about their situation.

Facebook is all about 'the grass is always greener'. Other people's lives seem perfect. They have the perfect job/husband/house etc. In reality they probably haven't. I'm lucky that I never had any b*****s on Facebook but I deleted anyone who had a consistently negative attitude or bragged about their lifestyle.

It's weird, but I prefer SG now. Even though it's a professional forum there's a good opportunity for a good old chit chat and opinion. Maybe it's because nobody knows who you are. On FB I can't say anything without my mother ringing me the next day saying "I hear you were up drinking vodka last night"!

Love all, Jo xx

Latest posts

Back