Has anyone used Sense Creative for printing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Katie*

Reaction score
Hi Has anyone used Sense Creative for printing business cards etc? I was wondering if there's the option to design your business card or if you can only upload your ready made design to be printed? Also would you recommend them? Thanks x

Hi
I get mine designed by verve then printed with sense creative they r good and quick xx

Do you mean is there an option to design the card on the site? Or choose from a template like Vistaprint?

Then no, there's not. You need to upload a design.

But, yes, I've both used them personally and many of my design clients use them as well- they're very good.

I find them really confusing. I had some vouchers designed from Verve and have emailed Sense twice for which one I should use and they haven't got back to me. Not very happy and thinking of using someone else.

Hi- Why didn't you just email me? :)

To be fair, their customer service is sometimes lacking, but I've found the print quality good, the timescales are fast and the prices are excellent.

So it's swings and roundabouts...as I've rarely had to contact them (I've actually had about four problems out of several hundred print jobs, and seeing as print is a mechnical process that can go wrong at any time is a good return really- and better than most).

As a whinging designer who's dealt with printers for 10 years, a few of them could do with a good customer service "refresher" course! :)

(p.s. perhaps here isn't the place to answer specific stuff about designs, but what do you mean by "one I should use"- you should just be uploading the hi-res PDF I sent over to the DL size voucher)

Last edited:
I have used Sense Creative a couple of times and have found them to have a quick turn round and a great price as well, I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. X

I used sensecreative for a roll up banner and also my xmas cards (both designed by Carl @ Verve)

arrived quickly, well priced.

if you email and ask question it doesnt seem to get answered, or they answer part of the question. But if you know what your doing and dont need any help then its nice and straight forward.

x

I've used them for business cards, gift vouchers and xmas cards and have been really impressed woth the quality of the work (and the price)

Hth
Xx

Sent from my GT-I8150 using SalonGeek

I used sensecreative for a roll up banner and also my xmas cards (both designed by Carl @ Verve)

arrived quickly, well priced.

if you email and ask question it doesnt seem to get answered, or they answer part of the question. But if you know what your doing and dont need any help then its nice and straight forward.

x

Well- without wanting to toot my own horn too much (steady!) - this is why getting stuff by a designer has its benefits because, outside of delivery arrangements, he/she would be able to answer 99% of questions anyway, so you wouldn't have to email the printer.

I'm just off the phone to Sense Creative now, and am gobsmacked by the service I received.

I ordered the DL vouchers which stated that they had SOME security features INCLUDING textured printing. When the vouchers, which were not to the standard I expected, arrived without any security features at all (I couldn't upload a textured file, but as it said that they had other security features I assumed like most other voucher companies there would be additional features to help monitor the vouchers) and were basically just flyers - I sent an email.

After not hearing back from them I rang up customer services. When I explained the situation the man shouted down the phone at me that he was sick of hearing this from me after last time I called! When I explained that I had never rang before he asked for my order number. When he realised that I was a different customer he told me that I was STUPID for nitpicking about the text on the website! And that I was STUPID for ringing up to complain!

I have never been spoken to like that by any company and am in complete shock. I have used companies who have made mistakes before, and they have dealt with them really well, being apologetic and polite. I can't believe I have been shouted at and called stupid after two minutes on the phone placing a complaint.

DO NOT USE SENSE CREATIVE.

The chap you spoke to is called John. He's pretty "infamous" in design circles for being a bit....."old school".

Yes, his customer care skills are lacking, but usually there's a nice (new!) customer services girl who answers the phone who's very useful.

The problem arises when John gets to the phone first.

I actually continue to use them, despite this, because I find the price right and the quality invariably excellent. However, my advantage is that I almost never have to call them because I know how to design to the specifications they require. I've designed hundreds (literally) of things to be printed there in the last two years and I think I've had 3 or 4 problems.

To be called "stupid" by a representative of a company is absolutely unforgivable, but, to be fair- you get the spec wrong :)

Yup, I was wrong to assume that there were other features however the fact remains that the misleading text on their website should be removed as it is not true. And it sounded like I was not the first one to complain.

The shouting began before I had even explained my complaint, so there is no way that I would ever go with Sense Creative again, I ended up having to hang up - still without fully explaining myself - as he wouldn't stop calling me stupid (several times!) and telling me how sick he is of hearing complaints from people. Unfortunately I am not even exaggerating about the fact that he was shouting! I still can't believe it now.

While I've heard good things about you, Verve, from this forum, I actually wouldn't use anyone who worked with that company as I wouldn't want to give them any business.

Can you recommend any better printers that you have worked with?

Yup, I was wrong to assume that there were other features however the fact remains that the misleading text on their website should be removed as it is not true. And it sounded like I was not the first one to complain.

The shouting began before I had even explained my complaint, so there is no way that I would ever go with Sense Creative again, I ended up having to hang up - still without fully explaining myself - as he wouldn't stop calling me stupid (several times!) and telling me how sick he is of hearing complaints from people. Unfortunately I am not even exaggerating about the fact that he was shouting! I still can't believe it now.

While I've heard good things about you, Verve, from this forum, I actually wouldn't use anyone who worked with that company as I wouldn't want to give them any business.

Can you recommend any better printers that you have worked with?

Better in what sense though? :) In terms of being decently priced doing a decent job with quick lead times- then there aren't that many! I, by no means, design exclusively to be printed there though. I've bumped into another printer chap on here who I'm discussing things with at the moment, I'm just happy to use people I can trust to do a good job for my clients. If a client has a printer they want to use, I'm happy to use them provided I can get a spec!

Yes, customer service at Sense (but only from that one individual, his customer service girl is actually really nice!) - can be terrible, I'd be in my car up north though if he called me "stupid" on the phone!!

Clearly, as someone in the design and print industry, my expectations are different because I almost never actually have to speak to a printer, the specifications are what I do for a living and I rarely get that part wrong. From a printer I want them to be cheap, fast and decent quality....customer service is way down on my list as I never speak to them. It's another advantage of using a designer I suppose.

We'll agree to disagree that the wording on the website is misleading, it says that there are security elements added onto the voucher, but a designer (who the site is primarily aimed at) would know you need to add these elements....but that's by the by.

I've also designed (with good results) for fairprint, vistaprint, and goodprint are becoming popular too. But be aware that each place has a different size spec (in terms of bleeds ands trims etc.) So a DL sized voucher is going to need to be designed differently for different printers.

** I've earned that particular company thousands and thousands of pounds in printing fees with my designs- but even on the occasion that I've had to ring them, that ONE person still talks to me like I'm an idiot. So don't take it personally...there's an "issue" or two I think! lol

Last edited:
I've had a few things printed from them. Carl from verve designed what I wanted first. Was very pleased and I had no problems. :)
I did call sense once to ask a few things and whoever I spoke to seemed very nice. They must have been having a good day. Haha

Last edited:
Sense Creative - Page 4

Found this very interesting. Will look into the other printers that you mentioned - thank you!

I agree- there are moments where they've annoyed me- but I'd still argue the good outweighs the bad on most occasions.

I've used them (and others) for nearly three years now- and I would'nt want my clients to be spoken to like that. So I'd prefer for my clients to contact ME instead of them and I'll answer the questions.

You can find disgruntled customers anywhere on the internet- especially on designers forums...we'll all moaners! :)

Anyone carl recommends I am sure is suitable for the job :)

I have just experienced the same thing as you. Horrendous customer service from a disgusting man who insulted me from being from Northern Ireland, and shouted and swore at me when I complained about the extra £14.11 delivery charge to deliver to NI. Im in shock and will NEVER use this company again. Id rather pay a tiny bit extra and get good customer service. I now know my leaflets will never be received. He told me he would post them via Royal Mail but they would be untracked and would get lost.

Please please please AVOID this company. I cannot believe how rude they are - or maybe its just this one man in particular but he should not be allowed near people.:sad:

The website is hopeless to begin with. Vistaprint for me from now on unless anyone can recommend a more pleasant company.

N:10;1867382]I'm just off the phone to Sense Creative now, and am gobsmacked by the service I received.

I ordered the DL vouchers which stated that they had SOME security features INCLUDING textured printing. When the vouchers, which were not to the standard I expected, arrived without any security features at all (I couldn't upload a textured file, but as it said that they had other security features I assumed like most other voucher companies there would be additional features to help monitor the vouchers) and were basically just flyers - I sent an email.

After not hearing back from them I rang up customer services. When I explained the situation the man shouted down the phone at me that he was sick of hearing this from me after last time I called! When I explained that I had never rang before he asked for my order number. When he realised that I was a different customer he told me that I was STUPID for nitpicking about the text on the website! And that I was STUPID for ringing up to complain!

I have never been spoken to like that by any company and am in complete shock. I have used companies who have made mistakes before, and they have dealt with them really well, being apologetic and polite. I can't believe I have been shouted at and called stupid after two minutes on the phone placing a complaint.

DO NOT USE SENSE CREATIVE.[/QUOTE]

Personally ive never had any problems with them, ive had nothing but nice feedback! Ive always had a pleasant person speak to me, and if i think who it is, was actually very helpful on 2 occassions.

Who knows maybe it was they guys time of the month?! xoxo

I too have had 'run-ins; with John! I find him extremely rude, arrogant and very unhelpful.

I'm a Graphic Designer as well, so I know how to set artwork up for print. I deal with a number of printers, but thought I'd try Sense Creative as they were cheap. Bad mistake! I ordered a run of 2,000 leaflets. They were quick, I'll grant them that, but when I opened the boxes, they were all folded in the wrong place, the ink hadn't dried properly, and there were at least 6 different shades of purple and gold - the colours should have all been identical as I only sent one file!

Working with the likes of Tibby Olivier, I need a top-notch product for my clients, so can't afford to waste my time with online companies who won't accept any liability.

They get you to pay upfront, so don't seem to particularly care when you have issues.
Carl, I agree, it's important to get a good product for a good price, and I would've been happy with that, but all I got was a very poor product, abuse down the phone and am still out of pocket as the printing was no good to anyone AND I had to fork out to send the job to another printer.

I now only deal with local trusted printers, so I can pick up the phone or pop along to the studio to make sure my work is always turned out as I expect it. With a little negotiation, I also get really good rates.

I would never never never use Sense Creative again - grrrr!

Latest posts

Back