Have I done the right thing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therapies

Reaction score
Lately, I have been getting really down with answering my business phone number.
I'm a massage therapist and yep sadly living in Blackpool and being a Massage Therapist is easily putting two and two together.
Ive had loads of phone calls these past few days after 'that' sort of massage, or can they leave their underwear on and blah blah, as you do get them sort of calls.
However, all my ads across the net state clearly, no massage of sexual nature and no naturist massage, and i dont answer caller withheld numbers or long distance calls.
Its got to the point where I dont like answering my phone. Ive stopped the centre taking any 'new' male clients.
I'm actually too nice to tell them politely over the phone. I always ask where they have seen my ads and where they are calling from.

Now... Ive gone and put on my home page a section for people to read regarding this problem.

ecfyldetherapies.co.uk - Home

Please can you honestly tell me what you think?
Is it going a bit too far to put it on my home page?

Ive put it there because no matter where you seem to put no naturist massage or no sexual massage blah blah in big capitals on normal ads, they seem to just draw a blank at the words I think and STILL blooming phone up.
getting me down alot now.
I cant NOT accept blokes because I offer sports remedial and have quite a big client base for this in male sports/athletes and personalities etc

xxx:cry::cry:

It's a good idea, BUT, I would change up the wording a bit...

How about:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

This is a Professional and Licensed Establishment.
Please take note that "natural/intimate" massages are NOT on the list of services offered.
Undergarments MUST be kept on at all times, or else local authorities WILL become involved.
Male clients will only be accepted on a referral basis from one of the associated clinics, or an already regular client.

To go on and on... well.. I wouldn't.
And I would also put it at the top of the page.
Perv's won't bother scrolling around the site.
Skip the bit about the phone-calls and simply let your machine take them and return calls later. IF they leave legit messages.

hth's
:hug:

YES I do live in Blackpool and I AM a massage therapist, HOWEVER I AM A PROFESSIONAL not as reputation makes you believe that all that perform massage in this town are ' that sort'

This is the only bit of wording that I would take out as it comes across a little ranting, and your other wording already suggests that you're not 'that sort'

Otherwise sounds good.

Are most of the callers actually looking at the website or are they just looking up 'massage' at yell.com?

I would take out "due to dodgy phone calls"....makes it so people might call for a laugh.....and put in what victoria said..xxxxxxxxxxx

To be honest, I don't think it matters where you are, ALL massage therapists get dodgy clients phoning sometimes. I think it's a good idea to have some form of notice on your website, but I much prefer Victoria's wording, it's much less harsh and 'in your face' but still makes the point very clearly.

I find that if I'm very clear and up-front about the fact that I don't offer 'extras' it very quickly sorts out the genuine clients from the wasters. Don't let them put you off!

I'm not a massage therapist, but I defo agree that your home page is a bit ott and Victoria's wording sounds great, although I can certainly imagine the type of calls you get.

My advice would be to precis

You have said lots of things that don't need to be said, in particular 5,6,7,8,9,10

You can tell a male client you will only see him at a therapy centre, when you are booking him in.

Many of us ask our clients where they heard about us; we don't need to warn them they will be asked that.

No 9 concerns me as it might give someone the idea to act plausible.

I would say something short and sweet along the lines that inappropriate behaviour of a sexual nature will not be tolerated, with-held numbers will not be answered and underwear is to be worn at all times :)

Thank you so much everyone.

You are right about how OTT it sounded. Thats because I was totally sick of the calls yesterday, drove me insane, so much so I totally let the phone ring off all day.

I have adjusted the wording now by adding some of your ideas, you could tell i was on one yesterday, i think if i looked at it again when i was calmer i would have adjusted it anyway haha.:rolleyes:

thanks again! xx

remember, that we all get these unsavoury phone calls from time to time.

when I placed my ad in a free ad website, I got a spate of unsavoury calls, after taking a look at it more closely, it seemed obvious why. The prostitutes and brothels pay for their ads to stand out more, you are also surrounded by sexual nature massage ads.

so, be warned, if you do put your details on free websites, really check them out first.

Re: your site, like the wording. Very matter-of-fact. But, the top right hand picture with INDULGE, I had to really look at it a few times, and, don't know how to say this, but I didn't see the stones and the wording first, I just say a woman lying on her stomach and I did a double-take.

Last edited:
I would make the type bold and bigger and would put if at the top of my home page.
Hun I only do nails and I've had the same thing do I do massage? I kept calm refused to 'get' what he was trying to say, referred him to a massage therapist and when he asked if she did home visits politely told him that the only way she would do that is if her husband came with her because there were a lot of dodgy people out there who would think that someone offering a massage was actually a prostitute, which she isn't....
He hung up:green:
Big hug for you hun:hug: some blokes just make you want to ask them, do you kiss your mother with that mouth:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back