Have you heard of Victoria Jackson make up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, her beauty website www.vjbeauty.com expired on 27th January. Make of that what you will!

I was silly enough to be fooled into buying one of her kits.
I'm one of these silly people who cant say no thankyou!
The two women were quite good at selling, i give them that!
I found its no different from my normal make-up.
Hardly use it, another waste of money!

we have had a few come in the shop too. Its an average make up range. nothing more. We didnt buy any and wouldnt either.

I have to say that the pitch was the same and I had never heard of it before. Now I am a make up addict (and shoes too , but thats another story) so I have five shoe sized boxes of make up in my own home, (all in date!) and even i couldnt be persuaded to have it.........................

I think ill steer clear, I dont buy anything off the street so to speak, definately not make up!

tigi

I have some of this make-up. We were quoted at the time, she is the make-up artist on sex and the city. I think it is no better or no worse that other medium range brands of make-up, Lip gloss is gloopy though.

hi all,
in work today (my other job from nails.....work in a high street chainstore) there was a rep in advertising Victoria jackson cosmetics.
They did look really nice but i have never heard of her......apparantly she is no.1 hollywood make up artist. There was quite a good deal on it all but i just wondered if anyone else has heard of it and if it is any good before i invest in it.
thanks all
x

Yes, and if you click on the makeup part at the bottom of the page it ain't there anymore!

oh, i never tried that!! oops!! sorry.

omg yeah their foundation is incredible anythin u want coverd its gone bloody brilliant!!:green:

Victoria Jackson is absolutely NOT a current top makeup artiste in any country.

The products and principle come from the Guthy-Renker group which is an American Direct marketing company. She is married to the owner.

The product is similar to that which you would find in various categories in Superdrug.

The questionable methods involved in selling the brand are the scary bit.
They "reps" are often in motorway service stations selling by the doors pitching a "superdrug" product at a much higher price than it is worth.

These guys sell in service stations on the M62. They are usually dressed in very smart suits, and offer out a black bag to you asking if you would like one (as if to make you think it's a free gift) and then into the sales pitch. Pretty m,uch what other people have already said, top Hollywood make-up artist bla bla bla. I just told them I didn't speak English (in a broad Yorkshire accent lol) and walked past them. My mother-in-law almost got caught out, though.

Their reps are a pain! Been at my workplace (a train station!) twice in past 3 months. Havinbg read a LOT of negative press, told my manager I didn't think we should be seen to be condoning this as they tell SOOOOO many lies (makeup artist on SATC, Desperate Housewives, launching in shops etc). Who the hell buys makeup at a train station??

I have herd of this makeup range, these reps come into my salon EVERY year, for 5 years, aroung this time up untill christmas!
This makeup mostly comes in compact form, and is very cheep considering it's from the No1 makeup artist of Hollywood??
I don't think these are reps for Victoria Jackson- who ever that mite be- but door to door sales people earning a buck!

Their selling technic is always the same...

''Are you interested in purchasing an exclusive line of makeup that is not available to buy in stores till next year, but only in professional beauty salons & spa's?'' ''we have some special deals only available today or while stocks lasts''!!!

It doesn't interest me, I think it's just a cheap line of makeup, nicely packaged.... I could be wrong:| but I'm not Sold!!

Hi there, I Work for a sales and marketing company Unik Cooperation which represents Victoria Jackson and other major brands which uses the best form of marketing there is which is always direct. Face to face with the customers. Victoria Jackson is the number 1 hollywood make artist, she has done the make up for the Sex and the City Movie, and Desperate Housewives (if you doubt me, read the credits at the end of the shows and movie) She retails in Macy's through out the USA, has worked with many celebrities including catherine zita jones, kera knightly etc etc. Just a quick point. We never hear of hollywood makeup artists....why not?? because they are exclusive to celebrities who hire them.

Our Marketing company, called Unik cooperationg represents many other MAJOR brands, including british gas, Talk Talk, Disney, just to name a few! The "Sales People" who sell make up in the stores, are not representatives, nor sales people. Its the real life version of the apprentice so to speak. Our marketing company as ive said is hired by prestegious brands, and we recruit and train young individuals to become marketing managers for their own campagne with the chosen brand of their choice. They first start on what we called the "field" which is promoting the brand to the public. As this is relevent in order to manage and create a campagne for our high end brands. This is why whenever you see our "reps" in your stores, they're trained so well, its because they are training in marketing management and not just your avarage sales rep. Every "rep" You see, add 6 months onto the last time you saw them, and they will be earning 6 figures with their own campayne....victoria Jackson being one of them. So, please, do not pre judge. Have a great day all, and remember... when you do see our ladies and Gents promoting our brands.... its always excellent stuff! Think about it, if Victoria Jackson was any cheap makeup, how on earth would she be able to afford marketing with us? For more info and the real high end prices in US dollars, check the link below for everything our "reps" are selling you. Beautygroup

Victoria Jackson will be launching in Harrods very soon, and this is the purpose in us pre launghing her lines within the Uk MARKET so that when her products are available in stores, she will have a huge clientel here as she already do in the states. Thank you all whoever invested in her makeup, we all know how amazing it is, as we mentioned, we understand that this line (when available in stores within the UK) will be very expensive, but this is why to expand the market, we are allowing girls all over the country to try and love her make up lines and AFFORDABLE prices.

I bought some of these products from a rep that came to my salon about 3 years ago. They weren't from the previous replies company. The make up was ok but didn't sell as no one had heard of it. Saying that it was ok stuff.

Hi there, I Work for a sales and marketing company Unik Cooperation which represents Victoria Jackson and other major brands which uses the best form of marketing there is which is always direct. Face to face with the customers. Victoria Jackson is the number 1 hollywood make artist, she has done the make up for the Sex and the City Movie, and Desperate Housewives (if you doubt me, read the credits at the end of the shows and movie) She retails in Macy's through out the USA, has worked with many celebrities including catherine zita jones, kera knightly etc etc. Just a quick point. We never hear of hollywood makeup artists....why not?? because they are exclusive to celebrities who hire them.

Our Marketing company, called Unik cooperationg represents many other MAJOR brands, including british gas, Talk Talk, Disney, just to name a few! The "Sales People" who sell make up in the stores, are not representatives, nor sales people. Its the real life version of the apprentice so to speak. Our marketing company as ive said is hired by prestegious brands, and we recruit and train young individuals to become marketing managers for their own campagne with the chosen brand of their choice. They first start on what we called the "field" which is promoting the brand to the public. As this is relevent in order to manage and create a campagne for our high end brands. This is why whenever you see our "reps" in your stores, they're trained so well, its because they are training in marketing management and not just your avarage sales rep. Every "rep" You see, add 6 months onto the last time you saw them, and they will be earning 6 figures with their own campayne....victoria Jackson being one of them. So, please, do not pre judge. Have a great day all, and remember... when you do see our ladies and Gents promoting our brands.... its always excellent stuff! Think about it, if Victoria Jackson was any cheap makeup, how on earth would she be able to afford marketing with us? For more info and the real high end prices in US dollars, check the link below for everything our "reps" are selling you. Beautygroup

Victoria Jackson will be launching in Harrods very soon, and this is the purpose in us pre launghing her lines within the Uk MARKET so that when her products are available in stores, she will have a huge clientel here as she already do in the states. Thank you all whoever invested in her makeup, we all know how amazing it is, as we mentioned, we understand that this line (when available in stores within the UK) will be very expensive, but this is why to expand the market, we are allowing girls all over the country to try and love her make up lines and AFFORDABLE prices.

...small fact: She is not the number one makeup artiste in Hollywood, ooops did I just wet myself during my laughing fit.... especially the bit about her being a secret. Hollywood & secrets...hahaha, the greatest self publicists in the world... funny how I can google all the other top makeup artistes and find their work with no problem.... :D

Hiya,

First of all the VJ makeup may or may not be wonderful stuff, I have no idea about this nor should I comment.

As for the amazing paragraph above.... Well would I believe anything anyone says if they wrongly spell campaign two different ways in one paragraph? :sad:

The wonderful, lyrical description above is of a glorified door to door salesperson working on a commission only basis and if they can be earning six figures then they are also doing pyramid marketing. If they could be earning six figures then we would all be working for them....:o

This company is trying to prey on the gullible and ill-informed, their methods, tactics and decietful ways are an embarrasment to all of us in the beauty business.

Social networking forums such as salongeek are their worst nightmare because we all share information and lies are easily found out.

They could very well have bought a promotional spot in Harrods for a short time. This is very, very different from having a beauty counter in Harrods. Please don't be taken in by the "guff" being spread by the writer.

One of their reps tried to "get me" in Edinburgh the other week. She offered me a bag & i asked if it was free or did i have to speak to her about it, she replied i had to speak to her, so i said no thanks lol

Like someone said previously, if she's so rated as a MUA then why are people selling her products in service and train stations?

I am a makeup artist and i cant believe i got swallowed up in the sales rant!
she handed me this bag went on and on about her being a top makeup artist in America then told me the kit was worth 250 but it was 30,00 today, i said how can you sell it so cheap she said that victoria jackson wants to come to England and it was a promotion when she comes over next year she will be alongside dior mac and bobbi brown in selfridges
I GOT SUCKED IN!!!! STUPID STUPID ME!!!:o
the glosses are ok shadows and blush rubbish pencils rubbish bronzer ok. packaged beautifully but quality not great. expensive trip to wh smiths it was for me!!:sad:

Interesting to know, they are in our shopping centre at the moment, but I never buy from people who approach me, takes away the pleasure of shopping! If I want something I go out and shop for it myself, I hate door to door sales people for this very reason!

OH No, I bought some of this yesterday on the M6 services!!

I have not yet used it, I decided it was too good to be true and checked it on here before applying it to my face.

Cant believe I have been scammed!
Their sales pitch does go on (and on and on), I should of just walked away but was fed up from driving in the pouring rain so bought it cheer myself up!

Will not buy from sales people in service stations ever, ever again. Thank you geeks for the info!!!

I had a go with the product when a rep approached me in a shopping centre.

It was good don't get me wrong but I think you can get just as good for less money

Latest posts

Back