Have you heard of Victoria Jackson make up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sian1979

Reaction score
hi all,
in work today (my other job from nails.....work in a high street chainstore) there was a rep in advertising Victoria jackson cosmetics.
They did look really nice but i have never heard of her......apparantly she is no.1 hollywood make up artist. There was quite a good deal on it all but i just wondered if anyone else has heard of it and if it is any good before i invest in it.
thanks all
x

I have herd of this makeup range, these reps come into my salon EVERY year, for 5 years, aroung this time up untill christmas!
This makeup mostly comes in compact form, and is very cheep considering it's from the No1 makeup artist of Hollywood??
I don't think these are reps for Victoria Jackson- who ever that mite be- but door to door sales people earning a buck!

Their selling technic is always the same...

''Are you interested in purchasing an exclusive line of makeup that is not available to buy in stores till next year, but only in professional beauty salons & spa's?'' ''we have some special deals only available today or while stocks lasts''!!!

It doesn't interest me, I think it's just a cheap line of makeup, nicely packaged.... I could be wrong:| but I'm not Sold!!

My mum came home on Saturday with alot of this makeup, she treated herself 2 an early birthday present lol I must admit, i was very impressed xx

it well very nicely packaged (the product did look quite good too and the brushes were nice and soft)......she was definatley a rep. I have got her business card. I know our head office wouldnt authorise just anyone to canvas in the shop. But you are quite right with the selling technique, lol........i stood and listened to her for about an hour asking people if they would like a 'free' gift.....hmmmm.
Like you say though....who is victoria jackson??

HI, About 5 or 6 years ago I purchased a Victoria Jackson makeup kit via. televison marketing here in NZ. It was beautiful. Loved that it all matched and blended to give different looks. I absolutely loved the range and would purchase again if I could get my hands on it.

They were at a recent beauty show in Ireland and they were saying its 100% Minerals i asked them for ingredients and they couldnt answer, they also keep saying it will be in brown thomas next year, and that was 3 years ago and its still not in!!! Its pure rubbish any company that have to sell on the streets isnt good

I saw these guys in Stirling about 6 months ago. I didn't think the makeup was too special, although I thought the little compacts were clever. But I don't wear that many colours, so why do I need to carry them all?

It made me laugh because the only Victoria Jackson I'd ever heard of was a very strange comedienne from the 90's (Victoria Jackson) She was on Saturday Night Live for a few years and was funny in an annoying sort of way. Usually playing the dumb blonde - type. I hadn't heard the name in years.

hi
i never heard of her too. but i was plesently supprised with the make up, i am black and i found that the bronzer was perfect on my skin stayed on for a long time, and was thr right tone! which is hard for me to come by
Apprantly by lookin on the web she quite big in Americia.
I was very dubious of it at 1st as i am a make up fiend and dont usually by high street brands, just because i have a problem finding the right colours and quality.
I was very happy with this tho, and intially when i went home i did feel like " oh crap i've just been conned.. this is not like me to buy or even to listen to ppl like this lol"
However as i road tested the make up (drunken night out lol) i was very happy and shocked that it stayed on into the wee hours!!

I had never heard of her, until I was walking through my local WH Smith and someone stopped me and asked if I'd heard of her and her make up range, and when I said No I hadn't, the girl said she was No 1 in Hollywood etc etc...........

Although the range did look very nice and they were offering a good deal, of any 10 products for £35, I sort of came to the conclusion, if she is that big , why on earth was someone selling her products in WH Smith of all places?!

I've seen them twice, a one-off stand in a shopping centre and a stall at olympia this year.

My mum got me some stuff from there (bless her). I love to play with make-up and i liked their little cases, for holidays, etc. I have to say that i actually really like their make-up. It stays on and looks nice.

However, i do think their sales pitch is a bit much, lol xx

I saw this at Olympia prices looked good , i wasnt there to buy make-up thou when i told them the guy went what you here for then?? i replied im a beauty therapist its not all make-up. and they used that same line on me it will be out next year? .

any way this thead is really old isnt it?

I have some! Its not bad...but it couldn't temp me away from Benefit! If I were a beauty therapist I would not use it in a salon but for home use its ok.

Hi
i always come across this range, they knock at my door, hang around shops e.t.c

seems ok and the compacts are cute but.. how could you decide on retail price as i've been quoted a different price each time plus they then throw in extras so it costs next to nothing. So you could have the product in but your clients are buying them at different prices everywhere else.

I really dont like the sales pitch and find most of the sales staff too pushy, they dont know when to stop which irritates the hell out of me

i still think its weird how this post was bumped up being about 1yr old....

Don't buy it! It's a scam!

I have recently worked for them in Glasgow and was disgusted to find out how it all works. Basically the sales reps work for a company called CSK Marketing, who design and manufacture the products themselves and pay Victoria Jackson a fee to use her name on the box. So the products actually have very little to do with her and what does a marketing company know about high quality makeup? Nothing... but they can trick you into buying it! The sales reps are taught how engage with a customer and lie to them.

First of all, they usually tell that Victoria Jackson is the makeup artist on shows such Sex & the City and Desperate Housewives... she isn't! That was made up to allow the rep to relate to the customer because nobody is going to buy something they've never heard of at all. You can check the full credit listing of both shows at IMDB.com.

Whilst demonstrating the products they rattle off some ridiculous price that each item costs "at retail" and that the full set is worth around £250. The products they show you can't even be bought anywhere else as it is only available through CSK Marketing, as they manufacture it. In fact, I was told they sell on average 7000 sets per week across the UK so you can only imagine how cheap they are to manufacture. Each full gift bag set comes in at less than £5... not so much of a bargain now.

They also tell you that it is a pre-launch promotion and that it will be available in department stores such as Debenhams etc. There are absolutely no plans for this to happen as shops wouldn't want to stock such a poor product and it doesn't sell without the pressure of a sales rep's pitch.

The staff are trained to target vulnerable people such as old ladies and young mums as they are apparently easier to convince! They will say absolutely anything to talk you into buying the products so it's best just to stay clear and not get into conversation with them.

And they don't accept refunds! If the product was so good then why would they need to sell it under such hit and run methods?

Like I said before, I heard all this from the management team and was so disgusted that I left the job after only a few days.

I have heard of it, a rep tried his sales pitch with me a couple of weeks ago in Leeds WHSmith,

he said
"have you heard of Victoria Jackson?" (like they always do lol)

i replied with
"I have but, i have never seen it in a professionals beauty wholesalers or in any of the professional mags that i read, and as i am in the industry i read quite a lot of them,
i have come in here for the tv guide not cheap imitations"
gave him a look of disgust and left,
i must have been that way out lol,
but i have seen them over the years trying their luck at this time of year going into the salons and fooling staff that are new to the industry :irked:

Get them in my salon every now and then. I always tell them I'm not interested. I realised it was all sales pitch when a year apart 2 different people gave the same pitch - 1 being a young lad of about 16! I wasn't convinced lol!

I was in Glasgow for a shopping trip in August and I got stopped by these reps selling her make up and i wasn't bothered walking around untill one of them stopped me asking if i had heard of her and i said i had because afew years earlier my auntie got me some of her make up for my birthday so i stopped and listened. In the end i got quite alot of make up for £30 which i have to say ive been using everyday since i got it! It is really good and I was very impressed, I was told it was all worth over £200 which seemed abit odd getting it all for £30! The story i was told that she was coming over to sell her make up next year and they were just promoting her products. I love her lip glosses!!!! x

I have heard of it, a rep tried his sales pitch with me a couple of weeks ago in Leeds WHSmith,

he said
"have you heard of Victoria Jackson?" (like they always do lol)

i replied with
"I have but, i have never seen it in a professionals beauty wholesalers or in any of the professional mags that i read, and as i am in the industry i read quite a lot of them,
i have come in here for the tv guide not cheap imitations"
gave him a look of disgust and left,
i must have been that way out lol,
but i have seen them over the years trying their luck at this time of year going into the salons and fooling staff that are new to the industry :irked:

Hi loubylou, just to let you know, these sales reps are actually normal kids just looking for a job. they are told when they go for their interview that there is a management opportunity so they fall for it and believe that selling this make up and taking negatives from customers is the one of the ways to get there.....i understand why u would give them a dirty look but its nothing to do with them. for every set they sell they make £5 commision so they will be pushy with you. i used to work for the company myself for about 5 months in Glasgow until i clicked one day exactly what they were doing..

these are just normal people that have came across a job and got it straight away

its not their faults

It took you 5 months before the penny dropped?!
After 3 days I couldn't take any more of their bull****.

Latest posts

Back