Have you stayed at this hotel - Alcudia?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classychick

Reaction score
Oh god i feel sick have just put down a deposit earlier for holiday in alcudia staying at the jupiter hotel, have now read the reviews....they are terrible now i could handle it if i wasnt taking my 2 year old son, my 1 yr old nephew going to! Has anyone been to stay at this hotel that can put me out my misery, i hope its okay to post a question like this i am just really worried...what have i done! xxx
Posted via Mobile Device

I wouldn't worry to much about on line reviews.....people love to moan but rarely give praise....so i am sure there have been a fair share of happy people that have stayed there but just haven't reviewed it....also...alot of people who moan about places are moaning about their own dissapointments....they may not be yours....what i mean is...if someone moans saying the food was basic....you might like basic food....!!

A holiday is what you make it.....I am sure you will be fine. x

hi ya !

I've been BUT....i need to stress, it was about 7 years ago.

Hotel itself (decor,cleanliness, food etc) was fab (its a complex of 3 actually) massive.

Depends what your after?

But the people............

Tip.....request a LOW FLOOR as you could NEVER get a lift .....teenagers thought it was a hoot to pee around in them all night so you couldnt get one:irked:

Not read the reviews but it was a little full of unruly 12-15yr olds getting into mischief when i went!

you did want me to be honest didnt ya?!

And agree with bagpuss there a lots of moaning minnies on those review websites, you have to 'allow' for that BUT if the majority say the same, could be worth having a word with the old travel agent!

Good Luck xx:hug::hug:

I have 2 sisters who work with me. They have both been on hol there.
One is 24, with a partner and young 4 year old daughter, they have stayed there twice and really like it, apparently it's very child friendly.
The other is 20, went there a couple of years ago with her parents and a friend and didn't like it at all.
So I guess it's personal opinion.

Thanks ladies, i am hoping it might just be a case of moaning minnies, my main concern is that it wasnt clean and the food was a bit dodgy, will just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best...cant say i have that holiday feeling tho!! :cry: Please dont think I am being a snob but I hate rude unruly kids and I dont understand people that get drunk when they have kids to look after too!! (read that in the reviews as well)

Thanks again x

I know what you mean...i don't like sharing my holiday at all...thats why we booked a villa...and they are alot cheaper than you think....check out www.ownersdirect.co.uk

Haven't been there, but just to put u in the picture about the hotel ratings sites, I went to a hotel last year in Cyprus, had an absolutely lovely time, couldn't rate the hotel, food, or the staff better, really felt well looked after.

When we got back, my bf decided to see what other people had said, and some reviews really slated the place! They were moaning about the hotel being unclean and falling down (we did notice one small patch of paint coming off the ceiling in the restaurant, I think they'd maybe had a water leak, every other part of the hotel was so well decorated, and very clean). They said the food was awful, well we loved it, and our only moan was that it was so nice we over-ate and had put weight on when we came back! They moaned about the pool, which was absolutely gorgeous, and they moaned about the staff, whom we found very entertaining and nice!

Hope that's made you feel a bit better hun:hug:

me my fella and to kids went there 2 years ago and it was the worst place i had ever been to the kids clubs were not on and the food was really bad we eat out every day and night because it was so bad and we was allinclusive!!!! we spent so much money when we really should have not. the hotel was dirty i cleaned the room myself with bleach and a sponge that i got from the local shop, the balcony door would not close it was the worst holiday of my life. the town was nice and the beach but the hotel was really bad. i would change your holiday if im honest. the best holidays are first choice holiday village, i went to portugal holiday village last year and it was the best im going again this year!!!!!

I would have to agree with Minkus - my sister stayed there a couple of years ago and it was chaotic, not my cup of tea at all but then the kids loved it! It's not the worst thing and loads of friendly people - just a bit too big impersonal and super busy for me.

Oh god i can honestly say I am bricking it now...lol (if I dont laugh I will cry!) not sure what to do rest of the family are just saying go and make the best of it i am seriously worried!

Bagpuss thanks for that link they look great will definetly be doing it this way next year.

xx

My mother-in-law, sister-in-law and her two children stayed there a few years ago and had a fab holiday.
It had everything for the kids, they didn't even make it to all of the pools within the 3-hotel complex!!!

Go with an open mind, enjoy the time away and you'll probably find you have a fab holiday :D

I've not been there but my interpretation on the feedback of the place is that it is a large complex which is child/family orientated.
You will find that some people stay in places like this and then complain about the children because they're noisy and everywhere, well these places are aimed at families and when kids are playing they make noise.

As far as food is concerned we all have different taste buds, so some people will like it some won't. I remember going on a family holiday with my parents to Tunisia and hating couscous and it was served up every meal:lol:

You will tend to find in situations like this and as previously stated people are very quick to complain but not to compliment.
I'm sure if you googled somewhere you've been before and loved that you would find complaints about it.

As I see it you have two options, 1.speak to travel agent to see if their is a possibility of transferring the deposit onto another holiday.
Or 2. try not to have any expectations and take the holiday and see how it is for yourself.

Latest posts

Back