Hayfever is slowly ruining my summer!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samoontha20

Reaction score
Has anyone found that this year their hayfever has turned ugly?! Mine hasn't been this bad in years! Swollen throat, itchy skin, itchy eyes, the whole lot :( I've been to the docs and they've sent me away with the 'just take tablets'.
Anyone else got any good remedies so I can live with it? :( x

Has anyone found that this year their hayfever has turned ugly?! Mine hasn't been this bad in years! Swollen throat, itchy skin, itchy eyes, the whole lot :( I've been to the docs and they've sent me away with the 'just take tablets'.
Anyone else got any good remedies so I can live with it? :( x

No remedies I'm afraid but yes hay fever is rough this year. Snot everywhere!!!! X

I'm the same, I feel like its ruining my life!!! Lol
I haven't tried it yet but one of my clients mentioned a band that you wear and it has something to do with pressure points. Or something like that so I'm going to look into that.

At the moment the only things that are making it kind of bearable are opticrom eye drops, prevalin nasal spray & Benadryl tablets.

I also heard about an injection at the doctors but I can't have it as I suffer migraines so I don't know of its any good. Xx

Go back to the gp and ask for the hayfever injection! They don't like to do them as its expensive so will prescribe you stronger tabs I also got a nasal spray and eye drops still stuffer but no were near as bad as when I was just taking normal tabs

Yes! It's awful. Feel like I've had a full on cold for about 2 weeks now :(

To add salt to the wound: I'm allergic to piriton! Haha

I've just been taking citirizene tablets (just supermarket own brand) and it helps a tiny bit. Can't be bothered with going to the doctor again, they're useless at the best of times :( x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Try the different anti histamines.I find Loratadine best for me.Also put some Vaseline just inside and around your nose I also find a sinus wash works well as my sinuses are what is affected most.I use a neilmed sinus rinse kit which is really easy to use.I got mine from amazon but there are various places online.

I've heard that if you get a jar of your local honey and take a teaspoon of that its meant to help hayfever. Not sure how true it is or if you have to take it before the season starts or if you could just start now. Apparently it's something to do with the bees and local pollen which is why it has to be local honey.

Hopi ear candle treatment is supposedly good for hayfever, never tried it as I dont suffer x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I think the injection you're talking about is Kenalog. It is a viciously powerful steroid - Triamcinilone - and I suspect that the very well documented side effects are more the reason for the GP's reluctance to prescribe it than the cost.

Some private GPs will prescribe it, but you really, really to weigh up the risks.

I have had nasty hay fever for many years and I have finally found a combination of drugs that work for me. I take 180mg Fexofenadine daily, plus Beconase nasal spray twice daily.

I promise this is not a plug but the initial reason for my taking on eyeSlices in my salon was because of half ever. They provide instant symptomatic relief from sore, red, swollen and itchy eyes. I sell bucketloads of them at this time of year.

Please, take care with Kenalog; it's a nasty drug...

Yes Lynne the steroid one but if you ask for it they don't like to give it out for the cost so prescribe stronger tablets etc I too have those tablets and nasal spray and find then far better then anything you can get from the pharmacy

Re Honey - I tried it many moons ago and made no difference to me, although it has worked for others I know; I'm a confirmed tablet taker & nasal spray addict! Of course, even if the 'local' honey does work for you, it's only going to work if you stay 'local', either that or you have to be ingesting honey from everywhere you plan to visit!!

I've been to the doctors and have been given nasal spray, and that seems to be helping. She also told me to take a loratadine tablet for the day, and then a piriteze in the evening.

Closing my windows just before dusk and opening them again when it gets dark means I can still stay a bit cooler but don't get the massive pollen onslaught in the evening. I just can't get over how bad it is this year!!

I've heard that if you get a jar of your local honey and take a teaspoon of that its meant to help hayfever. Not sure how true it is or if you have to take it before the season starts or if you could just start now. Apparently it's something to do with the bees and local pollen which is why it has to be local honey.

I've heard this too! It's worth a try.
I've never suffered before but this summer I have itchy watery eyes, runny nose, scratchy throat and problems breathing :(
Hope you find something to ease your symptoms x

Hayfever is making some of my clients stop wearing lashes because there eyes are so itchy! Not good! :(

Honey makes no difference if you randomly start taking it.
You have to start taking it like 2 months before summer for it to make it work or something like that
Xx

Hayfever is making some of my clients stop wearing lashes because there eyes are so itchy! Not good! :(

Have you tried eyeSlices for them; they really do soothe sore eyes, and you might regain some business!

I feel your pain... This is a pic of my eyes from the other day! Terrible. Haven't found anything that works yet...

Xxx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373370101.820464.jpg

ooo you poor love, they look sooooo sore.
I had hayfever so bad that I couldn't actually get my contact lenses in. I have horrible memories of being in a darkened room with a wet flannel over my eyes for most of the summer.
:(

I feel your pain, went to the doctors yesterday and had to spend £32 in the chemist getting inhalers, eye drops, nasal spray and tablets :(

Latest posts

Back