HD brows new course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That wasn't directed at you by the way. Was just wondering why anyone would need a refresher course when they have just done the original course.
The people that would benefit most from a refresher course are people like me, who trained over 2 years ago.

aw, hun. I know it wasnt aimed at me... I'm sorry if my reply made you think that i thought that it was xxxxx:hug:

Unfortunately like too many companies it seems they are more interested in the money then they are their therapists businesses. I trained with a company like this once, fortunately I did all my stuff before it got stupidly expensive!

All they are going to do is push away the therapists that helped build the brand in the first place ... Not cool!

The therapists like Angelina who have done it fir to Yeats, promoted it fir two years and I suspect continue to support them financially by buying products off them for two years. These therapists are more likely to pay fir the new stuff if they feel appreciated. At the least they should get the refresher free if they book an advanced class. Or the refresher could be priced in product. Buy £250 of products for example and you get the days course free.

But at the same time the refresher course isn't at all bad value at less then £100 for a day. Three clients and it's paid for.

Last edited:
i only had my 2 day HD Brow training two weeks ago. I was not offered the option of booking the refresher course, free or otherwise.

Am not impressed... at all. Isn't paying over a thousand pounds for training enough FGS??!!!
I have emailed them asking for an explanation

Hi have you heard anything back because like yourself I did the course only at the very end of Jan x

i only had my 2 day HD Brow training two weeks ago. I was not offered the option of booking the refresher course, free or otherwise.

Am not impressed... at all. Isn't paying over a thousand pounds for training enough FGS??!!!
I have emailed them asking for an explanation
I did mine the same time as you curvy, not impressed, as you said they could have mentioned it, I will email also, keep us posted. X
I've just looked the price has gone up.

What are the advanced waxing techniques? Surely they teach us that on the first course, and I can say I didn't learn anything I didn't already know when I did that course!

The course details are now on the website.
Apparently anyone who books on the HD original course gets the refresher course for free! I'm not happy about that at all!
I was actually thinking that I may do just the refresher course as things have changed and there's new products etc
Knowing that people are getting it for free has made my mind up that I definitely won't be doing it now. I am so annoyed about this!

Oh this has made me mad !!! Why if you have just trained would you need a refresher. It's us that could do with it :( I was excited about the courses now I'm disappointed :s

Oh this has made me mad !!! Why if you have just trained would you need a refresher. It's us that could do with it :( I was excited about the courses now I'm disappointed :s
The refresher courses are there to be taken when needed, regardless of when you trained, curvy was simply pointing out that as its less than 2 weeks since her training, this was obviously something that was already in the hd brow pipeline and felt that it was something they could have mentioned,and she could have chosen to wait a week or so before training.

I enquired about the course on Thursday. They said the price has gone up because the course now includes a refresher day that can be taken when you want.

Hope that helps

It does thanks lash, I saw a price change & did wonder. X

So, the refresher day isnt exactly free then because new ppl booking will be paying an extra £100 - is that correct?

So, the refresher day isnt exactly free then because new ppl booking will be paying an extra £100 - is that correct?
It looks that way, it has gone up to sure by how much though x

Can I ask where you are looking to see the price has gone up? I might be being a bit slow but I can only see the cost it's always been? And I enquired Friday and was told the same price it always have been with the free refresher day to be taken within 4 months of completing...

I was gonna book tomorrow so hope it hasn't gone up - altho I will just quote what I was advised Friday and hope they will honour it!!! xx

The refresher courses are there to be taken when needed, regardless of when you trained, curvy was simply pointing out that as its less than 2 weeks since her training, this was obviously something that was already in the hd brow pipeline and felt that it was something they could have mentioned,and she could have chosen to wait a week or so before training.

I'm disappointed at the fact there giving the refresher course free to any courses booked from now which I don't get if you've just trained why you need a refresher :s puzzled

Surely it's in the companies best interests to offer trained therapists updated skills for free or even a price which can be claimed bk through product purchases like they did with the launch seminar. Can't see how a brand can stay as strong if everyone has been trained differently over the years.

Can I ask where you are looking to see the price has gone up? I might be being a bit slow but I can only see the cost it's always been? And I enquired Friday and was told the same price it always have been with the free refresher day to be taken within 4 months of completing...

I was gonna book tomorrow so hope it hasn't gone up - altho I will just quote what I was advised Friday and hope they will honour it!!! xx

it's definitely gone up, was £875 +vat, now it's £995 +vat
Academy Training | Nouveau

so the refresher training isnt FREE at all...:mad:

I'm disappointed at the fact there giving the refresher course free to any courses booked from now which I don't get if you've just trained why you need a refresher :s puzzled
It can be taken any time that suits the therapist. No one has said they want to do it immediately.

Yup, £995 is what iv been quoted.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

it's definitely gone up, was £875 +vat, now it's £995 +vat
Academy Training | Nouveau

so the refresher training isnt FREE at all...:mad:

Ohhhh I thought it was always the higher price - sorry, my mistake!

It does seem a bit silly...just make the course 3 days if they don't think the 2 days is enough?? And then have a separate refresher course that can be taken whenever if that person feels they need it - at a lower cost perhaps too! You do get a voucher for their products but only a quarter of the price.

I got the impression for new people we had to do the refresher course, and within 4 months. I didn't read that it was optional, but I may be wrong! x

Yes that's correct. I've spoken to a few therapists who are not happy at all. I expect they will be getting a few calls and emails this week.

Well it's been a week and no reply from HD Brows.....:-(

Latest posts

Back