Heart etiquette

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle Vie

Reaction score
I've just send a quick message to someone and noticed on their profile lots of 'thank you for the heart' messages, now I feel awful - I never do this!

It's always lovely getting a heart from someone but I thought 'hearting' something was a way of saying thanks/agreeing/showing appreciation for a post. So is it sort of like saying thanks for saying thanks? Or am I being a rude geek and neglecting to return the love?

:eek:

I always say thanks, but I know some people don't.

I try to but it's hard when I use the app 99% of the time, very rare I'm
On full site x

On full site x

I'm the same always use app , it's not me being rude as I appreciate all the help and advice I get x

Same here. I use the app and maybe once or twice in 6 months will I use the full site. Xoxo

Thank you everyone for the hearts! I forgot my log in for main site so can't see them as always use app ;)

I always say thanks, but I know some people don't.
I didn't say thanks :o I didn't know, that I should :o

I don't either.I do my reps but not my likes.I guess if they don't show up for everyone,so we are all on the same page,it shouldn't be deemed as etiquette to be expected to.

I usually send a message thanking people for Rep I receive.
I don't want to sound full of myself or anything, but if I thanked everyone that hearted my posts then I would never have time to actually GEEK :biggrin:

Surely the whole point of the Heart system is its a way of saying thanks....so thanks for the thanks could be a tad overkill :)

I agree with the OP & Izzidoll, I've never done it as I've always likened the heart to the 'like' button on Facebook, you don't thank everyone for the 'likes' on there & I don't see this as any different, however that doesn't mean I don't appreciate or take them into account :)

i try to always say thanks but don't always manage it...in reality i'm running around my living room with my top pulled over my head like a footballer shouting 'someone likes what i've said!!!!'...its a rare novelty in my house lol xxx

Cue top over head, R!

I love getting "likes", but I don't send thanks. I'll take this opportunity of saying it though!

Cue top over head, R!

I love getting "likes", but I don't send thanks. I'll take this opportunity of saying it though!
right back at you D! mwah xxx
i did run around the room but tripped over dog, one disgruntled labrador who's had his puppy dream interrupted

I thank for rep but not for hearts. I feel bad now but I thought a heart was just like a 'like' on FB so I didn't think it required a thank you.

oooh better thank everybody now, thank you!!!! xoxo

:-/ I never log on online!
What is rep? I've seen the hearts and thought that was rep lol

P.S. thanks for hearts everyone lol :) <3

This will explain.......http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/178114-your-reputation.html

Eh...didn't you ask about it last year too though, I thought my memory was bad lol :wink2: http://www.salongeek.com/site-assistance/188445-hearts-reputation-points-visitor-messages.html

Thanks :) yes I had asked as I'd seen I had hearts and visitor messages. Still have no idea what rep points are though, no idea if I even have any! Haha!
So I'll have a read of the link you've just posted! ;) thanks xxx

I thank for rep but not for hearts. I feel bad now but I thought a heart was just like a 'like' on FB so I didn't think it required a thank you.
that's how I see it too.

I didn't know about rep until I saw some on my profile recently that'd been there ages! haha. but I will definitely say thanks for those if I get more.

On full site x

I use the app too. I'd heard of hearts but didn't know I'd got any until I logged onto my computer one day. Have no idea how to heart others, will have to learn. So if you don't mind, I'd like to take this opportunity to say thanks to anyone that has "hearted" me and from now on I will try to pay it forward and say thanks xx

Latest posts

Back